FSD DOA Tournament Suggested Rules

The HuBBs

With doa5 now out, I'll be updating this at some point to reflect how the game runs at more tournaments. For now the recommended rule will stay the same.

Sora

As a TO, I think this might fit the Marvel approach of 3/5 across everything (including GF). But, too early to call anything.

Berzerk!

The game takes too long for 3/5 at this stage. Just wrapped our event, final 8 took a fair bit longer than expected

The default in the game is unlimited time and I recommend it for now to about turtling for space and timing out. Plus it's better to not have to change too many options

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
I'm assuming Alpha-152 is gonna be banned on DOA5 tourneys right? I'm just asking because I'm not sure if anyone can get 300 titles.

Tones

Premium Donor
3/5 rounds on normal with unlimited time seem to average 3-5 minutes per game.

First to 5 games on unlimited can take 30-45 minutes

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I'm assuming Alpha-152 is gonna be banned on DOA5 tourneys right? I'm just asking because I'm not sure if anyone can get 300 titles.

I've had discussions with people about this and, as far as I'm concerned, it's a soft-ban. In other words, she's not banned if she's available, but I won't go as far as to expect her to be unlocked at a tournament. It's basically up to the TO to announce their decision of it, and the players to ask for the TO's decision.

She is not barred from being selected if she is available on the kit.

Berzerk!

Agree, if I had her unlocked I wouldn't have banned her, but I'm not going out of my way to have her available and players should not expect it.

Picking up on the question of Round time, I agree with 60 seconds after experimenting with the (default) unlimited.

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
Makes perfect sense. I never seen or been to a DOA tournament before, but I would love to be mindful of its rules before I enter one.

MasterHavik

i think we should with a smash bros. style of stage picking. There are different tiers now, so just picking random won't cut it.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
SInce normal life is now 300 points, i'm beginning to believe that we do 2/3 for all matches and 3/5 for the Winners/Losers/Grand Finals.

Berzerk!

SInce normal life is now 300 points, i'm beginning to believe that we do 2/3 for all matches and 3/5 for the Winners/Losers/Grand Finals.

Agree. That's how I'm running it at the moment. There's a lot to get through and 2/3 is still a solid match with so much life in each round. 3/5 for top 4 is fine.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
In 3.1 it could avoid practically every attack and provided whiff throw punishment or bt combo for launch.

Berzerk!

Lets flag a standard reduction to 270 life in tournaments with DOA5U, after observing casual and tournament matches.

We should also test a preference on this.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I'm still currently on the side of leaving it normal for now to see if it needs to be brought down.

I still find 60 second matches to be finishing in the 20-15 seconds left time frame which was consistent with DOA5's 270 life point system.

New Players to the scene would be on the normal by default as well.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD