Gameplans for Tina

GovTD

Hey guys, I'm kind of curious.

Basically, my question for you all is: When you're going into a match of any kind with Tina, what's the major game-plan you have in mind in how you'd like the match to go?

As an example, my mind-set is mainly to get the other guy either really afraid to throw punches by countering everything he throws at me, or try to get him to loathe being near me by applying heavy pressure and throwing him any time he stands near me for more than half a second. And after that phase is done, I try to keep as close to him as possible and really make him uncomfortable for the rest of the match by staying in his face when he really doesn't want me there.

So, what strategies do you guys try to use?

BlankOctober

Standard Donor
I usually would try to establish my defense first. Holding, slow escaping, and fuzzy guarding are essential for a Tina player to have since she's not the fastest or safest character in boxing range. Her 6P is -11 on block AND hit. Need I say more?

Baiting holds and making the opponent change their style of offense to attempt to counter my defense is key for me.

Doa_Eater

I prefer fast playing too but i'd recommend defense too, mainly to learn it, learn Tina's crushes and throw punishes, Tina is great for getting to know the game, learn and in the process not getting fazed and surprised by opponents and characters. Especially those characters that can ignore stuff and gimicky play.

Doa_Eater

Yeah throws are only good for throw punishment especially Tina's. Her throws suck otherwise.

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
I block (and punish) and crush until I can get a stun. Then I go for very obvious CBs. And then when they get scared and hold, they die.

DrDam

As most people said already, having a good defense is necessary when playing Tina.
Advanced counters, insane throw damage for the punishes and sweet crushing moves make playing the defensive game very rewarding.

On the offensive side, I always make sure my opponent respects her string followups. This makes her punch-grabs a thousand times easier to land. I also generally get my damage off of hi counter grabs on hold-happy opponents on the first few rounds or games to make sure they become afraid of countering and then I just stun-launch.
Again on the offensive, you gotta make sure you put her crumple stuns to good use. I generally grab during these so when they try mashing out of stuns they don't hch me, as their only option is counteing or falling straight into her ground game.

CatzDaLegit

Tina Purist
Premium Donor
I don't think I ever have a specific game plan using Tina and maybe this is to my down fall, unless of course I have a bit of information on the player I'm playing against to use. I feel as though in match a lot of things can change quickly, so having a game plan that's going to stay throughout the match might not be feasible. Maybe they will switch up their style. Maybe I'll spot a weakness or exploit I'll be able to continually abuse. That being said, I use a lot of general things. For example, I have my starting move always in mind or whether to block at the beginning of the match and I try to use Tina to the best of my ability. I guess nothing special.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
This is actually a decent question because Tina is good at soo many things.

When I get frustrated I look to get advantage from her thriving ground game, when I'm applying pressure her P strings actually aren't bad tools to turn to, and when they hold, you heard it best from @StrikerSashi ... they die.

It's important to pull off her high damaging throws, but don't look to throw with her 24/7 just because she's a grappler. The frame data says that she isn't supposed to be dependent on those alone. This I think is where people mess up with Tina. They think because all of her throws do something, or great in damage that they should abuse them. Then they get flat out destroyed because they are not paying attention to the rest of the things Tina can do combat-wise.

Dr Drake

So Tina is a great allround Character with really strong Throws. So to be successful with her, you have to know roster and the frames very well and u have to be good at reading your opponents mind.

Thats why there is no real gameplan with her imo. Unlike Christie for exsample, she is very straight forward.

But a good thing is try pressure your opponent when you can and force them to counter to get a M.D.T off.

What usually you guys do after gaining some frame advantage by making them blocking your string?
Let's say i throw 7k & he block it, now i have +9F!
Or after they tech from ground immediately.

What is Tina options in general when she have +x frame advantage?

Cuz my game play with Tina is depend on spacing / whiff punish / ground throw / punish throw
I never used force tech or other advanced things with her due that i don't know how to do it...

Doa_Eater

What usually you guys do after gaining some frame advantage by making them blocking your string?
Let's say i throw 7k & he block it, now i have +9F!
Or after they tech from ground immediately.

What is Tina options in general when she have +x frame advantage?

Cuz my game play with Tina is depend on spacing / whiff punish / ground throw / punish throw
I never used force tech or other advanced things with her due that i don't know how to do it...

8P is the perfect frame trap for 7K.

Lulu

Tina's Throws comeout 1 Frame Faster, so that means you can punish a few things people thought were safe and semi safe.....
Tina has like 4 Offensive Holds that can shut down various striking options, so don't worry about characters with fast mids or highs....
And I don't know how useful it is but she also has an 11 Frame Mid Kick, pretty fast ey, unfortunately you only have access to this kick from your BT Stance.... not entirely sure what u can do with this move just yet but I'l find sonething..... perhaps I can break it out when some one jumps or teleports behind me.

Dr. Teeth

Standard Donor
BT 7K is Tina's fastest mid and is a good tool to use when you can. You don't necessarily need to wait for someone to get behind you to use it. You can set it up yourself by using moves that leave her in BT like 44P (which is a great crush move), 4K (low crush), 6PK, etc. People often don't realize that Tina has several good options from BT, so you'd be surprised at how often you can blow up your opponent for not respecting Tina's back.

Lulu

I suck at 44 inputs :(
And yeah.... Tina's a BT monster..... I like to soften them up with a BT 7 PP and once they they get irrtated.... Boom ! I grab their Ankles next time I go BT......
Shes a very capable young lady.
The only thing thats missing is a move Spin move like Mila and Lisa's 8K...... I don't even know what I would do with it..... I just want it.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD