Gameplay vids.

Tones

Premium Donor
3 weeks and I'll be taking my Brad Wong (and Lisa) to Battle Arena Melbourne. Australia's largest tournament for DOA. Stay turned, I've been putting in the hours to make sure you're going to be seeing something new.

HoodsXx

Here's some new Brad content. Going to fully work on this. I'll be at a major in my country on Sunday. You can see the details on FSD's tourny thread. Tournaments called CCEC

Tones

Premium Donor
Brad comes in at the 25 minute mark. I haven't been working on anything really, and the Hitomi knew all my tricks so it's not really a good display of anything beyond play style. What do you guys think anyway?

HoodsXx

Well. Your Brad isn't bad but there's some things that you could work on to improve him quite a bit. First off can't stress this enough man. Throw punishment is a must. Don't know if this was online but a lot of those exchanges would've gone your way had you throw punished. Secondly with 4PP it really should only be used to crush highs. After someone throws something that's -5 or -4 your best option is best to either start with a jab or use either 3K or 6P. If they free cancel a lot (something that's Hitomi's gameplan) 7K will cleanly beat out any free cancelling. As for some setups that you had done. After that wall splat on the 2nd set I believe it was, you should've done 3K4 P+K H+K. It would've got you the round there. Off of 66K your best options are to either LHFT K his OH if they immditely hold or 2T if they SE and low block right away. 6K is too slow and can be just blocked then punished. Or held. When you're dealing with the neutral / spacing game you got lots of options to deal with Hitomi. 6P+KP can be used really well from mid range making it -4 if you can get the spacing down right BT 4PP/BT 4P48 is also a good move to use as is DHO 2KT and for long range DHO H+K. Lastly use 46PK more its amazing and sets up for a lot of things.

Tones

Premium Donor
I feel you @HoodsXx I'm not confident with 7k anymore since the follow up is no longer safe.

4p is a high crush 4pp is not, there is a point where I tried to crush hitomi's 6kk with it but the second hit (high) hit because I used the p follow up. kp8/2 and 4pk crushes though. I may be better off using 4pk since that puts you at distance and simplifies thing since you're also in LFT.

HoodsXx

I feel you @HoodsXx I'm not confident with 7k anymore since the follow up is no longer safe.

4p is a high crush 4pp is not, there is a point where I tried to crush hitomi's 6kk with it but the second hit (high) hit because I used the p follow up. kp8/2 and 4pk crushes though. I may be better off using 4pk since that puts you at distance and simplifies thing since you're also in LFT.
4PK Is good in stun as you can get off LFT K then proceed to juggle them and as for crushing. It's best used during a move that you know has a weak hit box to 4P while 4PP is best used on highs. 4P8K I'd use a bit at range as it has a very deceptive range just like 44K does. I'll post a video of my brad's play tomorrow. And a new set up as well you guys can look into for yourselves that'll help you all out.

Patrick Wimmer

Standard Donor
Hey guys, could you please check my gamplay and comment what i could do to improve my Brad?

I win

I lose

I win

I lose, badly...

Any feedback is welcome.

Tones

Premium Donor
You have an idea about what to do. Mid distance you second guess yourself too much and close in you have no idea what to do.

Sit down, with pen and paper, watch your matches and note down works. Go into training and play around, keep distance in mind, find a point as to your options. Drill drill drill. Drilling will kill seconding guessing.

I never go close in unless I'm working a stun game. 90% of the time I work to get my distance back via crush with that goal or do something like 44k, or look to get knocked back and minimize damage via something like BTk+f . That 10% is if they are near a wall.

Patrick Wimmer

Standard Donor
You have an idea about what to do. Mid distance you second guess yourself too much and close in you have no idea what to do.

Sit down, with pen and paper, watch your matches and note down works. Go into training and play around, keep distance in mind, find a point as to your options. Drill drill drill. Drilling will kill seconding guessing.

I never go close in unless I'm working a stun game. 90% of the time I work to get my distance back via crush with that goal or do something like 44k, or look to get knocked back and minimize damage via something like BTk+f . That 10% is if they are near a wall.
I know that i have problems in close range and i'm already trying to remedy that problem.
One of the problems that i'm having is that I recently got an arcade stick so i'm trying to get used to that too.

But thanks for commenting on my obvious flaws with Brad. Getting feedback and pointers what to improve is important!

Tones

Premium Donor
Yeah you're not too far off from being decent. Just gotta not be lazy, go do your ground work.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD