Getting a new 3DS LL(XL), what will happen to my DLC?

Leifang2000

If I do a system data transfer using the 3DS menu, will the DLC be ok on my new 3DS LL(XL) system?
Anyone tried or in the same situation?

Nightpup

The DLC is tied to your SD card. Just take the SD out of your regular 3DS, and into your new XL.

Chaos

I heard it only works on your current 3ds. The best thing to do is to copy all your save data to the computer before putting your SD card into the 3ds xl, Its better safe than sorry oh yeah, if you start the game and you see "Do you want to create save data?" DO NOT PRESS YES! becauae all your DLC will be gone!

Leifang2000

OK, got my new 3DSLL (XL)
Put in the same game card and SD card save DOES NOT WORK.
Using a brand new SD card with no save data, I still have the game progress record.
But all DLC costumes are not there.

I got the new throwdown challenge (mine is the JP version) but no downloadable costumes.
(Currently the DLC are having a rerun on the Japanese version)
So should I delete the game data on the game card itself?

Chaos

OK, got my new 3DSLL (XL)
Put in the same game card and SD card save DOES NOT WORK.
Using a brand new SD card with no save data, I still have the game progress record.
But all DLC costumes are not there.

I got the new throwdown challenge (mine is the JP version) but no downloadable costumes.
(Currently the DLC are having a rerun on the Japanese version)
So should I delete the game data on the game card itself?
Before you decide to delete your save data, copy it to your computer just in case and then delete it.

Leifang2000

I mean the save date on the cart itself, not the one on the SD card. (the one on SD card, I already backed up)

There are actually 2 saves on DOAD, one on the game cart itself, another for DLC on the SD card.
(2 location)

Leifang2000

OK, problem solved.
Apparently, I have to wait a bit more to let it downloaded.
Also, it just show an update blue dot but did not notify me I have new costume downloaded

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD