Getting Serious With Gen Fu

peachyO

i tried to find this information in other threads, but as he has so few, i figure a new one won't hurt...

i have picked the old man up as my second, and actually want to co-main him with bass. i have several issues, however, and i hope someone may have answers:

1. gen fu's :214: throw and :236:throw offer +10 and +13 respectively (i believe). what the best follow-ups, particularly any that are guaranteed? it may just be lag, but his 6P seems subject to holds. at 11 frames, it is his second-fastest option after his 10 frame P (which doesn't seem guaranteed either).

2. :236:throw. if you don't catch the enemy for the +13, you can of course juggle. what is the best juggle option? by best, i mean the option that best balances damage, ease of execution, and practicality.

3. does gen fu have any guaranteed follow-ups to his high and mid parries?

i appreciate any and all responses. thanks a ton.

Koompbala

This is where knowing frames comes in handy

1. You're basically free to do anything another 214T, 8K for a launch, 3K, 6P, 9P all to continue stun pressure.

2. For the catch thats just to continue pressure really not that it really does anytthing since the guaranteed options leave you negative. Even though its -1 still you dont want -1 against someone like Kasumi. Really though its up to how you want to play. The combos are as follows

Catch: :6::K:, :6_::K:, :8::P:, :H+P:, :K: forgot the dmg but it takes a decent amount if you want slightly more damage but only slightly harder to do that just replace the first hit 6K with 4P+K. This combo I learned from Avi.

Damage: :4::P+K:, :6_::K: , :8::P:, :6::P::P::P+K: I believe thats the most damaging and that has been the most damaging since 2U hence I don't play the guy anymore. This man hasn't changed I'll go into training later see if I can find stronger. Also the combo ender 6PPP+K as the opponent gets heavier just change your ender. So instead of doing 6PPP+K do 6PPP for opponents to heavy for that then do 2P+K46P instead of 6PPP.

3. Yes - 9P/ 8PP are the only ones you wanna do again I'll check later to see if these are correct.

TRI Mike

After 236T you can go for :H+K:,:236::K:,:6::P::P::P+K: I think it works on everyone except Bass and Bayman where you have to avoid the 236K or else the last tackle won't hit.

xINFINITELIGHTx

JESUS IS LORD AND THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD!!!

GenFu's greatest strength is his ability to CONTROL the match and TAKE CONTROL back with his radically good crushes.

The fact that he has a counter that counters everything is just OK

Why is it only okay?

Because it's only useful when you have lost control of the match.

High level players shouldn't lose control of the match.

But it radically happens every game.

So in reality, it's very good because it allows you to regain control with higher probability.
But in the end their is no probability their is only knowing what your opponent is going to do from experience, looking at what he's doing, and radical deductive reasoning.

JESUS IS LORD AND THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD!!!

KidArk

Gen Fu Most damaging juggle after 236 H+P is, 3P H 3P H 3P H 2P+K 46P 115 Damage or 4P+K 3P H 3P H 2P+K 46P 117 damage

Also after parry gen fu gets a GUARANTEED HIT either 8K or 6P I hate watching gen fu's get held after they parry also after that stun gen fu has a nice combo that can be done off the stun , since it's high if you throw it out most people will get hit as everyone thinks of gen as a MID MID MID. The combo is like this , Parry
9K, 6P+K, 236P, 33P, Hld(3) P, 6PP, H, 6PPP+K

KidArk

After 236T you can go for :H+K:,:236::K:,:6::P::P::P+K: I think it works on everyone except Bass and Bayman where you have to avoid the 236K or else the last tackle won't hit.

236K...? Gen Fu has no such move o_o or is that like a buffer for HOLD(6) K..? If so seeing as the following part of the combos is the normal ender 6PP P+K all you have to do is hold 6 after the hop kick and gen works.

Koompbala

Gen Fu Most damaging juggle after 236 H+P is, 3K H 3K H 3K H 2P+K 46P 115 Damage or 6PK 3K H 3K H 2P+K 46P 117 damage

3K? do you mean :6_::K:? He doesn't have a 6PK he got a 6P+K or 4P+K which I'm fairly sure you meant 4P+K.

KidArk

Gen Fu celing combos
:426::F+P: , :3::P::P: , :3::P+K: CB! :4::4::[[P]]:Ceiling! :P+K::P::P: or :3::K::P::6::P: they're cute combos, anyone know if power launchers relaunch? I can see gen fu getting 3 ceilings in one combo being possible if they do.
:genfu:"... my fists only get stronger with age"

Anyone catch his new doa 5u win quote? He sits down and folds his legs in lotus position then says something, it happened when sweet revenge was using gen fu , but the stream died and it wasn't archived and i wasn't paying enough attention to get it...

Also js everyone does know on celing stages after CB you get a free :4::4::[[P]]: for ceiling right.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD