DOA5LR Good throw setups?

Kyosuke NEO

I got a bit curious about this while trying to learn her better. Basically what are good methods of setting up for a throw, beside the old reliable tick throw? I realize I don't throw enough with Tina; I'm still a bit new to her so I’m trying to figure out good ways of tagging people with them.

Lulu

This is something I've been want to write about for weeks now but just haven't had the time.....

Just hang in there alil longer and I will get around to creating a a character specific "Throw Trap" Beginner's guide.

Perhaps not for Tina specifically but I do believe it can be reverse engineered for any character. I'l get back to you as soon as I get it done.

In the mean time you can use the Basic Set Ups by using Guard Breaks to create a force guess situation where you can use the advantage to either throw your opponent or counter Hit them with a strike for trying to attack out of Disadvantage.

The problem is a truly talented player can option select this set up by Fuzzy Guarding......

Assuming you don't have trouble getting a stun in the neutral game.... then you can play Tina as a "Stun Launch" Character even though she isn't one. As soon as you get a stun going then launch your opponent for an air throw..... air throws always do 100% of their damage or more in some special conditions..... so this is a nice way of pressure your opponent into holding..... and when they do..... BOOM: :3_::6::4::H+P:.

The problem with set ups that Require conditioning is they aren't something you can use to throw consistently.... its usually used to set up something Huge. A really big Half Health throw. Or if you are playing Mila, Christie or Hayabusa its used to set up those +22 Frame Sit Downs.

Well thats all I got for now.... Go Get'em Tiger ! ;)

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD