GVN Winter Brawl (02/25/2011) - Aftermath

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
So Winter Brawl has come and gone, but I wanted to make a posting talking about the fun had during the event. Sadly, Virtuapai could not make it due to injury, but both Hubbs and I played a lot of Dead or Alive 3.1 over the weekend (as we so often do).

I want to give shoutouts to all those non-Dead or Alive players who came by our room to be introduced to the game. I wish I knew more characters (I'm trying, honest) so that I can teach more people how to play a character someone likes. I had a lot of fun during my time showing off the game and its system to others. At one point in time we had 7 people in the room gathering around observing it.

On Sunday evening, Canon decided to leave his place in Colombus, Ohio and drive all the way to Philadelphia, PA just to hang with Hubbs and myself to play some 3.1. I must say, he has a strong dedication to the game and I look forward to seeing him (and anyone else who wants to come by and play) again at future events. Canon has a very nice Hitomi and Christie - even though he mains Jann Lee he says. It was nice to see an experienced DOA3.1 Christie player as I rarely ever see her so I can hardly tell players how to play her when teaching. We each did a set of 10 matches which I will upload later to my youtube channel (So keep an eye out). It was fun because he now has experienced the dominance that Gen Fu has in 3.1, and he hates :3:p:+:k now ha!

I had a blast, and look forward to a future gathering, maybe Rikuto and Virtuapai will finally be able to make it down (Rikuto, you need to play Canon; Virtuapai, you need to come show people Lei Fang / Tina because I can't).

Coincidentally, this event caused me to go off the grid for the weekend so I was unable to upload the third episode to the FSD Podcast, which I listened to on the way up to the event. If you haven't heard it yet, I suggest you go check it out!

The HuBBs

Yeah we had a fun weekend. Its a shame you didn't record our matches from sunday night. I was actually doing good then, wasn't abusing 3p+k as much and my zack was doing a bit better as well. BTW I am looking to have a DOA gathering at my house in May. I will keep everyone informed.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD