Has Itagaki removed Ninja Gaiden Black's source code ?

dg1995

Devil May Cry has returned with vengeance with DMC 5.

but we still don't even have a Ninja Gaiden Black HD remaster.(Or even a Ninja Gaiden Sigma HD remaster)

Was Itagaki deleted Black's source code when he was annoyed by Tecmo ? Or did they damaged their hard drive when moving from their original office to a new one.(Don't know if they did when Tecmo merged with Koei)

So the main question is why Team Ninja doesn't make any remaster for Ninja Gaiden when they don't want to make a new one for now ?

dg1995

I thought a small team can't develop an open world game.(Nioh) since from what I've heard open world games these days have more than 100 staff.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Nioh wasn't open world. They're not a super small team and they can pull resources from other teams as well if needed. There aren't really catch-alls for things like this. The original Ninja Gaiden (2004) had a hub-based design but didn't play like an open world game at all. The sequel shifted to an almost arcade-like chapter progression, and that sort of thing continued to the third game.

Just a shifting development climate and different people heading up the teams. With Ninja Gaiden Black on BC on Xbox there likely isn't a good reason to spend resources on making a remaster. People remember the original fondly and it holds up. Bringing it back likely won't pay the dividends needed to develop it and KT isn't in the habit of outsourcing development like Capcom or other major publishers.

Brute

Standard Donor
but we still don't even have a Ninja Gaiden Black HD remaster.(Or even a Ninja Gaiden Sigma HD remaster)
Sigma was the HD remaster.

Was Itagaki deleted Black's source code when he was annoyed by Tecmo ? Or did they damaged their hard drive when moving from their original office to a new one.(Don't know if they did when Tecmo merged with Koei)
That is one hell of a conspiracy theory, my dude.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I fully expected a Nioh 2 because of the success of the original. When the time is right, I believe Ninja Gaiden will return, but now is the time for Nioh. Actually I was believing that Nioh would take top priority, and maybe we wouldn't even see a new DOA because of it.

We are getting both... and I believe both games will be absolutely stellar and Hayabusa looks to be getting the finest animations yet. Maybe that will help negate the pain a little.

And you can play Ninja Gaiden Black on XBOX ONE X with the enhanced graphics at least.

dg1995

Buying Xbox 1 for 1 game ain't worth it.

And I don't like nioh and those souls games .
Sigma was the HD remaster.

That is one hell of a conspiracy theory, my dude.
I'm tired that one of the best hack'n slash games of all time isn't as accessible on consoles as it should be.(pretty sure that we will get half life 3 much sooner than a HD remaster of black)

Raansu

Buying Xbox 1 for 1 game ain't worth it.

And I don't like nioh and those souls games .

I'm tired that one of the best hack'n slash games of all time isn't as accessible on consoles as it should be.(pretty sure that we will get half life 3 much sooner than a HD remaster of black)

It is accessible on consoles.....Sigma was literally NGB released on the ps3.

Brute

Standard Donor
I'm not sure how. Wasn't it literally the same game?
No. They added some new bosses, a new weapon, added Rachel as a playable character, changed some of the enemy functions/encounters, totally replaced one full stage, etc.

It is, in fact, worse than Black. But that doesn't change the fact that it was the HD remaster of Black, as it received a graphics update (for better or worse) and supported 1080 resolution.

Raansu

No. They added some new bosses, a new weapon, added Rachel as a playable character, changed some of the enemy functions/encounters, totally replaced one full stage, etc.

It is, in fact, worse than Black. But that doesn't change the fact that it was the HD remaster of Black, as it received a graphics update (for better or worse) and supported 1080 resolution.

I see. I never played the sigma games. I enjoy the NG games, but not a big enough fan to want to replay them so I never played black either. Think the only one I actually went back to was the remake of 3, but that was mostly curiosity as I just straight up didn't like the original and never finished it.

Raansu

If someone liked the original NG3, they should seek professional help immediately.

Haha. I don't think I hated it, but something about it was just not appealing either. I think it was the bone cutter stuff. I don't really remember, I just remember not really enjoying it and giving up on the game by like the third chapter or something and trading it in.

TheDragonAwakens

Path to Zarkhan. They redid the whole level layout. It's much smaller in Sigma, though a few areas are present in both versions.
I see. Haven't touched OG NG1 since something was wrong with my game and could not play through the CGI cutscenes. Still, when you said 'replaced' I thought you meant taken out entirely and replaced with something completely new. I thought they just added one new section with an annoying fight against heli-drones and memaid fiends.

Shining_Wave

I remember playing NG and quitting because it was too hard. But then i got some balls, played NGBlack and beat it 2 or 3 times.

Was NGBlack easier than NG?

DyByHands

odd topic. NGB is great though.
I remember playing NG and quitting because it was too hard. But then i got some balls, played NGBlack and beat it 2 or 3 times.

Was NGBlack easier than NG?
In some ways it was easier than the original NG. But in other ways it was way harder. With all of the editions to Black, its kind of hard to go back to the vanilla version.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD