Having a problem against Hayate's 3H+K

HiguraShiki

I was going up against a Hayate player recently. What he likes to do is basically to do a combo, knock me down after a juggle, then use 3H+K.
I honestly dont know how to beat this move, The only way i can beat it is by mid wake up kicking, and if i land it once, he starts holding it. If i don't try to wake up kick and just attempt to stand up, 3H+K hits reguardless, I cant even block it. then after landing 3H+K, he either lands the whole 3 hit combo, lands 2 hits, then attempts to grab, or lands 1 hit and attempts to grab. Aside from the grab attempts, he also throws in a few launchers after doing it.

Please help, I don't know what to do anymore. essentially all this guy does is mix up, knock me down, and then spam 3H+K until I somehow stop him. I tried sidestepping it, but the sidestep never seems to avoid the move. (I dono if its my timing or what).

How can I beat this guy when his entire strategy reloves around 3H+K?

HiguraShiki

That Hayate is a straight up Scrub yo, hold dat shiz son, and make him look free.
:eek:
1058898.jpg

Allan Paris

It sounds like you are playing in a bad connect if you can't block the move. At that point in time there is no real virtual way beating this outside of just leaving the match. If it's not lag then as you have already been told just Hold (counter) the move when you see it coming. Hayate only has one follow up after the the mid kick and that is a low. So don't panic when you block the kick and just watch for the low.

Also, Hayate can't delay the low kick anymore how he could before in DOA4. So if the low kick is not done right after the mid kick and there's a pause you can poke him with a quick jab (preferably a low one) after the 3H+K. Once you learn your character more, you're character may have something a lot better to punish that move when it's free canceled.

If Hayate finishes that entire string 3H+K, K, P then he is safe. Do not try to throw punish him.

TakedaZX

You've gotta sidestep exactly when the moves about to hit basically. I know that timing sounds tight, cause in a sense... it is but the more and more you do it, the more and more you'll understand when and when not to. If this makes you feel better he's in half crouch off of a free cancelled 3H+K. What that means is, no matter what grab you do with in that 15 frame recovery, it will connect.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD