Balance Hayate 5UA Wishlist

TakedaZX

Obviously, Hayate has been deemed, "godlike" by some in this game. I disagree but I will say he plays better in this game than others. In the end, this last list for him includes multiple aspects that would help him play better int he enviroment he was in Vanilla and moreover, solidify his gameplay so that everything makes sense completely.

Let me know what you guys think.

http://takedazxdoa.blogspot.com/2013/08/hayate-got-buffed.html

DeathHand

he does need more tools for a better stun game like busa and improving his wind dashes would be nice (they are more risk than reward in my opinion), and hes not godlike lol hes got some week points very easy to see unlike other characters.i cant comment on the rest of what u speak of,I dont feel competent enough for that =P

also this is a must
☆[Improvement]66KKK - Tracking NEEDS to come the last two kicks of this move.
Im glad Im not the only one

TakedaZX

[Update]November 27th
  • Damage increases added
  • 3K holdable SD stun added
  • 8P8K6P+K and H+K6P+K moved to extras section
  • Reasoning for dropping 44K/6P4/66P4 added

Aven Kujo-Gin

Anything that can make Hayate better is very welcome.
I agree with most of your stuff, but here's is my own wishlist:

Buffs:

:P::P::6::P::K:/:6::P::K: -5 on block.
:8::P::K: Neutral in block +0
:236::P: -7 on block.
:236::K: +4 on block.
:6::P+K::F+P: Changed to be an OH.
The second kick of :P::P::K::K:/:H+K::K: causes a bounce(DOA4)
:3::H+K::K: Delayable again(DOA4)
:1::F+P: Changed to be an OH(DOA4)
New/Returning moves:
:2::K::K:(DOA4)
:1::K::P: and :1::K::K: return.
:8::8:/:2::2::K: Have the old animation from DOA3/DOA4. No GB, but causes a little bounce.
:2::K: After the shippu(DOA4)
:8:/:2::P+K: Returning the animation from DOA3, when Hayate do a side flip who left him behind the opponent.
:6::P+K::P::6::P+K: Transition into shippu.
:H+K::6::P+K: Transition into shippu.
:6::H+K: Returning attack from DOA4. (If useless in a combo, is a cool move, and he need more flashy moves)

TakedaZX

Buffs:
:P::P::6::P::K:/:6::P::K: -5 on block. (I considered this, dropped it and considered it again. I'm not sure but I'll drop this in the extras section.
:8::P::K: Neutral in block +0 (Already on the list)
:236::P: -7 on block. (Only for raw. PP2KP will remain unsafe)
:236::K: +4 on block. (+3 is efficient for him when it comes to get in. Ein is the one that needs +4 to +5)
:6::P+K::F+P: Changed to be an OH. (I want to say no. Why? He is a striker and while an OH would give him a better reason to throw the wind dash T, he doesn't really need the OH. Hi Counter Wind Dash T's happen often).
The second kick of :P::P::K::K:/:H+K::K: causes a bounce(DOA4) (I'd like this as much as the next guy. It'd basically give him a straight 2 in 1 launcher again. I'd much rather him get a wind dash cancel on it though).
:3::H+K::K: Delayable again(DOA4) (This isn't necessary)
:1::F+P: Changed to be an OH(DOA4) (No).
New/Returning moves:
:2::K::K:(DOA4) (On the list)
:1::K::P: and :1::K::K: return. (I'd rather him not travel down this road. 1K now is pretty good, though it should be safe. More importantly, 1K2K and 1KP weren't that good from the beginning. If anything, I want his 1P/2K to be treated like Hitomi's 1K on ground hit. It shouldn't push the opponent to far away and if they do decide to tech, there is a 50/50 to rely on).
:8::8:/:2::2::K: Have the old animation from DOA3/DOA4. No GB, but causes a little bounce. (Another thing that's not really necessary. My view at this point is we need less of the flash and more of the actual good stuff. This is just another unsafe SS P basically)
:2::K: After the shippu(DOA4) I see this more as running 2H+K/running 3H+K, granted 3H+K itself is moved to 6H+K overall. It's very complicated to put together his movelist as the single options are taken).
:8:/:2::P+K: Returning the animation from DOA3, when Hayate do a side flip who left him behind the opponent. (And have people complain he's got a broken SS again?)
:6::P+K::P::6::P+K: Transition into shippu. Depends upon Oki honestly. After 6P+KP~P+K, what can you tech the opponent up with? Nothing right? Lets say we did put Wind Dash 2K back in... yea were there but what if the opponent sidesteps? Now we have no answers. I'll say yes though but hopefully it's safe if they don't tech).
:H+K::6::P+K: Transition into shippu. (Yes)
:6::H+K: Returning attack from DOA4. (If useless in a combo, is a cool move, and he need more flashy moves)(I only liked it because it forced block into -2, and since no one knew how safe it was, he usuallly got away with 6H+K, 8P because he'd crush jabs and beat throws at the same time. Now I personally think it's a waste of space... but I'll add it to the extras section.
I'm hoping that my views aren't coming off as rude. Back in DOA5, I was more concerned about him looking bad ass again. He's got that potential still but... I think before anything we need to focus on making him better overall as a character and making things make more sense (like the status of his mid kick launchers. 33K should not be better than 9K and 9K should not be ass in general).

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD