Hayate Blog

TakedaZX

Hey guys, started a blog not too long ago. Most of what I've been doing in it is talking about Hayate's necessary buffs to make him a better character. Anyway the link is here. Check it out and if you have any questions about it, feel free to ask or discuss things here.

Just remember these are my opinions on Hayate.

Koompbala

He's not my main so I'm go into to much detail. In 4 I never understood why PPP never had a follow up it just looked incomplete. Now in 5 it does huzzah, but wait its useless. When fully charged it does same amout as dmg as PPKK. Also PPKK only does 1 more dmg in combos than PP6PK.

If you do PPPP for GB purposes might as well do PP6P. Now all PPPP does is possibly mess up combos if you go for PPP 7K. I would rank this as his most useless addition to 5. His new taunts have more use than that follow up.

TakedaZX

He's not my main so I'm go into to much detail. In 4 I never understood why PPP never had a follow up it just looked incomplete. Now in 5 it does huzzah, but wait its useless. When fully charged it does same amout as dmg as PPKK. Also PPKK only does 1 more dmg in combos than PP6PK.

If you do PPPP for GB purposes might as well do PP6P. Now all PPPP does is possibly mess up combos if you go for PPP 7K. I would rank this as his most useless addition to 5. His new taunts have more use than that follow up.
That would be another good reason to have the changes put in for his stand up game. I'm not sure if you read all the entries but I proposed a new tracking mid hook for his ppp which would lock the person into a guard or force them to hold, then they have to work with that guard break or last punch. He doesn't need pppp for combos though. The only reason to ever use that combo is to get a more damaging wall carry juggle.

This also helps because the 3rd punch of ppp can be stripped from there then put in as p2p like JL. It will be high mid. A high mid string that stuns is something that is SOOO useful in dealing with low holders or people who love to crouching attack out of stun. It'll pick them up to extend the combo if you miss the high, or reset the combo because they decided to be a bitch and duck.

Koompbala

Actually the entry I skimmed through is the one your talking about. So I know what you mean by P2P. In theory that doesn't sound to bad. Shit an easy solution would be just bring back PP4P.

TakedaZX

It would be the easy way out, but the problem is you have to commit to an unsafe back-turned move... as much as I like PP4P I just don't .

I just promote my idea so that you don't have to deal with that, sorta like with Busa's PP4P. He doesn't have to commit to BT yet he gets a generally good stun and in his case, a stun off of 4P6P that he can work with and a potential extend with 4P2P since it's only +13, but if they hold you can continue or Izuna Drop.

Hayate doesn't really need all that mix-up, and that's why they took it out. Tracking mid to low, tracking mid to mid, and tracking mid to high, all that they have to deal with because it locks them in for SS, lets not forget about wind dash launching.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD