Hayate has a 72 pt damaging grab

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Yeah, i'm just used to Bass' throw damage so I'm sure it's a lot of damage for striker characters.

MajesticBlue

It is like having a 7 frame Izuna punish throw. 72 damage is pretty damn good. Does the guide say 12 frames? All I know is that the in game frame counter reads 7. Just saying.

Madian

That's damn good damage for a 7 frame punish.

Raijin will still be better for high counter throw opportunities but this is most certainly going to be his bread and butter throw.

Nate

Decided to play some DOA lately. Saw this. Awesome find. Doesn't entirely make sense on paper, but works. Gives Hayate an edge I was looking for. Indeed is 7 frames.

Nate

That's weird, Accurate. Did you have any time to test to see what it actually is, then? If not, I'll try tonight. I really hope it's 7.

Nate

I'm seeing this grab at 7 frames on whiff, hit and in testing. I think people may have seen 12 because if you even so much as come close to touching :1: you get Raijin (thus 12).

TakedaZX

This is definitely useful. Question is, does it hit because it takes at least 3+ frames for the person to turn around?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD