Hayate impressions

Jin Masters

They altered a few moves from his alpha build self. None of which I'm pleased with

No more advanced mid punch hold
3f+k, k only allows for a most a 15 frame move to combo
All launchers are 16 frames and slower except 33k
Not many unholdable stuns... ie: back turned, etc.
Majority of moves are at least -8 on block... Yup 7 frame punish throw :(
And another this to note its hard to Korean backdash because of sidestepping being 22_88

Now for his good stuff
The second hit of 3pp causes an unholdable stun
The second and third hit of 3f+k, k, p is a 2 in 1
3k is 14 frames and only -3 on block
BT 4k gives an unholdable sit down stun. +15 on fastest SE(can hold after 15 frames without slow escape.) Thus the only thing move you can land is 6p
2k on critical or counter gives a free 6p+k, p+k launcher

Allan Paris

Change the SS to :8: :H+P+K: or :2: :H+P+K: you'll be able to KBD when it's set to that. If you get 3PP off can your 3rd hit be held if someone is SE'ing fast enough? I am only asking because most sit downs can be SE'D then held out of.

Jin Masters

Thanks to this games awesome training mode. You can set the slow escape speed to max and display frame data. And as for the sit down stun, its +17 for max slow escape and +25 if they dont

TakedaZX

To go farther, I have to admit, I'm still disappointed in TN about how they handled Hayate...

BUT

At the same time I have to give them credit for the time being. His Hayate-Gake is actually, really really good. The tracking with it is alittle clunky, sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't, but at the same time, it's a great way to move in and apply a large amount of pressure, especially if you can get them to lock up before hand.

Truly, he does play like Perfect Legend said, atleast I agree with it after using him. You come in, and keep knocking them down over and over, then, launch, combo wall, a little Oki, bang, right into it. I think I may still hold him as my main for sure now.

It's too bad still that they took away his 1k strings, and 2k follow up

Next thing. Combos.

They're all the same, except now you can throw in 66KKK in some places, but what I've noticed is in DOA5 there are moves that bounce a person off the ground while they're mid juggle, sorta like a bound(B!) in tekken. Emperor_Cow shows it in his Kasumi combo video(perhaps Sarah's too).

Stun game > Launch > Juggle > Bind move to relaunch the opponent while they're still in there air > Then small combo ender.

Kasumi's Re-bouncing Move is 66KK(which looks like an aerial 4kk). Hayate has a move propertied like that one, and it happens to be 3f+k, but the problem is, afterward, there are no follow ups.

I started with 6P+K, P+K on high counter, then I moved in to 3F+K. The timing is air tight on getting the Bind, instead of the ground hit, but if you do you'll see them come up a bit. Most moves do whiff though so I don't know where this can go. If someone wants to give it a shot, hit me up, cause I wanna work on this one.

Current attempts:
:6::P+K: :P+K: :3::F+K: :8::P: - Whiffs
:6::P+K: :P+K: :3::F+K::K: - Whiffs
:6::P+K: :P+K: :3::F+K: :4::P: - Whiffs
:6::P+K: :P+K: :3::F+K: :3::3::K: - Whiffs

Next Ideas:
:6::P+K: :P+K: :3::F+K: :236::P:
:6::P+K: :P+K: :3::F+K: :3_::P::P:
:6::P+K: :P+K: :3::F+K: :6::P+K::K:

If you've got any other ideas, send them to me.

TakedaZX

Best combo after a critical burst:

6p+k, p+k, 8p, pp6pk
Nah you can get a few points more damage with ih3pp(i=instant), into 33KK

so the combo would be
(Stun Game Here - To test combos easily I use :7::P:, :6::P:, :7::P:), !CB!, :6::P+K:, :P+K:, :6::2::3_::P::P:, :3::3::K::K:

:6::2::3_: is important, practice it because you can apply it to all characters. Eliot needs this to get his main combo to max damage.

Your combo tops out at 108, this one tops out at 112. There's probably something stronger than both of these maybe.

Thanks to this games awesome training mode. You can set the slow escape speed to max and display frame data. And as for the sit down stun, its +17 for max slow escape and +25 if they dont
Does that mean guaranteed CB?

wali

I really interested in this guy but my knowledge in this game is zero so i appreciate if someone make a beginner guide that cover his game play and the properties of his moves .

TakedaZX

I really interested in this guy but my knowledge in this game is zero so i appreciate if someone make a beginner guide that cover his game play , moves and their properties and tricks.
I'd leave that up to PL or AllanParis. Those two are the best Hayate users we've got on this forum. I could only give a general idea on how to use him. It'll come in time though.

Nate

Looking forward to hitting up training with Hayate. Purchased the Prima book along with collectors edition just to support whoever made it. I think some of you around here had your hands in on that. I don't really keep up with you DOA people much. Anyways, I flipped to Hayate in that book to get an initial view of what looks good. The book highlights moves in red if they are unsafe. That being said, the moves page looks like it's covered in blood. So, to anyone who has actually spent time on the drawing board: should I even waste my time, or is the book's initial impression misleading?

Jin Masters

the prima guide is a nice addition to the game. Give you details of what safe, crushes, frame advantage, and the frame data for every situation. Labeling unholdables, semi-safe, unsafe, and safe

Nate

Nice content rich book. That's no argument. Just a little concerning that Hayate's page is riddled with unsafe. So, the much hated "on paper" (literally) look of Hayate seems bad. Hopefully in practice things are a little better.

TakedaZX

Nice content rich book. That's no argument. Just a little concerning that Hayate's page is riddled with unsafe. So, the much hated "on paper" (literally) look of Hayate seems bad. Hopefully in practice things are a little better.
Yea on paper he looks bad. I don't really like him in this game but I haven't mastered Eliot yet so he's still the one i'm best at and it's been that way since doa4 for me. He's good at mid-ranged fighting, and his combo damage isn't something to laugh at. Even still he's pretty unsafe, so he's a competitor but you'll be working harder using him, because it all becomes about mind games and predicting people.

Also, :6::P+K: is one of the best tools I've seen from him for applying pressure, but it won't be once people realize how unsafe it is and start punishing. I still haven't been punished yet for a block wind dash kick or uppercut.

I just wish he still had :236::F::~::2::K:, which was his sliding low. That move made things sexy for him because he could simply come in fast and low, trip you and now he's in your face about to throw out some mixups that will end with you across the map again.

Btw :1::K: sucks. It should go back into the wind dash like it use to be or have changed notations so he can get back :1::K::P: with similar mix-ups like Ein had from that kick. Now only hitomi has that kick and I don't think she has any mixups in it.

Madian

I'm fairly pleased with Hayate. He has plenty of really good options and although his list of safe moves is limited, that's not uncommon for the rest of the cast.

His ground game is solid because :7::P+K: and :4::P+K: take you out of wake up kick range and sets you up for his punish. His command sidestep has really good evasion properties too. I knew from the alpha demo that I was going to main him just because he's that bad ass.

Jin Masters

There's nothing crappy about :1: :K: i think its one of his main poking tools. Critical on normal hit and crushes highs frame a good distance. Its also safe from punishment

TakedaZX

I never sad it was a spammable move but a good move none the less. Its not as bad as you say
Ah you mean :1::K:. I see. Yea I'm just mad cause I miss the old :1::K:, so that's why I want this move, moved to a different notation. 1k is usually a low, so I need it to be a low.

Nate

:1::K: is unsafe. I wish it was the old :1::K:, too.

Mostly poking with :3::K: and :3::P: right now, for basic pokes. If they end an attack with a move that's very safe however, they can easily step either of these. Not sure what my best option is yet for an anti-step. Kinda jealous of characters who have safe string enders. If you complete any of Hayate's strings it does appear they are all punishable.

Winning a lot more than I'm losing online right now, however, it's mostly gimmicks.

Don't mean to sound overly negative. Hoping to "lab" it up tomorrow and find some better stuff. Looks like I have no choice since nobody is posting a very long "here is a ton of information for the lazy players" guide ;)

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD