Hayate in DOA5U

TakedaZX

This topic is for solid information that we get on him from now until September.

So what's up people? See that new trailer? Eh? Eh??? No? Well...

BAM!

So here's what we know.

1. Hayate can get juggled by Ryu any day of the week.
2. Hayate and Ryu are really good girl friends and love to wear similar outfits
3. Hayate finally got over himself and is doing tag intros and tag throws with his sis.
4. WE MUST MAKE SURE THAT THEY #BUFFHAYATE!!!!

Here's a few screens I took if you're lazy.

Hayate Black Falcon 2.png
Hayate Black Falcon.png
Hayate Kasumi Team.png

Jaguar360

This topic is for solid information that we get on him from now until September.

So what's up people? See that new trailer? Eh? Eh??? No? Well...

BAM!

So here's what we know.

1. Hayate can get juggled by Ryu any day of the week.
2. Hayate and Ryu are really good girl friends and love to wear similar outfits
3. Hayate finally got over himself and is doing tag intros and tag throws with his sis.
4. WE MUST MAKE SURE THAT THEY #BUFFHAYATE!!!!

Here's a few screens I took if you're lazy.

View attachment 1577View attachment 1578View attachment 1579

That tag throw was the fourth best thing I've seen all day besides double Izuna, Fairy type in Pokemon and Smash Bros.

TakedaZX

From Master's claims, it seems #BuffHayate is in progress! Teleport can be done in all charge moves!!!

That's good to hear but I guess that means that my idea for his wind dash from DOA4 returning a long side his DOA5 one is canned. Heh, I guess they didn't like my ideas.

Jaguar360

That's good to hear but I guess that means that my idea for his wind dash from DOA4 returning a long side his DOA5 one is canned. Heh, I guess they didn't like my ideas.

That would have been great, but we don't want to buff Hayate too much, or else he'll just get nerfed again in DOA6.

TakedaZX

It's a considerable buff. It's not like he'd be the first to have multiple stances:

Christie - JaK and Roll
Helena - Bokuho and BT
Ayane - BT, 11/33 and roll
Brad Wong - BT, Handstands, Laydowns, and Crane Stance

I only mention back turn for one of two reasons.

1. The character can literally fight your with their back to you the whole time.
2. The BT includes a forward dash that will progress you character close to the opponent without leaving BT

Usually both are the case. I've already voiced my opinions on why I thought his old wind dash should return though. The new wind dash is great but as a stand alone dash it doesn't seem like it should be his primary dash. The doa4 wind dash was always means to an entry. It had an elbow that gave good stun on NH, a mid kick mix-up that knocked down, and a low kick that would drop the opponent on their ass if they decided to just chill and block. In addition if you opponent decided not to whack buttons when you're coming in, Hayate could use his throw as a mix-up for pretty good damage. On top of that the teleport was there, raw.

The DOA5 Wind Dash seems like it works better as a cancel, while still being allowed raw just for the sake of the guard break, which is what covers the bases of both of the other options. The mids were both launchers, unsafe but launchers. You have the 50/50 on that but more importantly to mess with people who guard after being mixed up into a wind dash mix-up on guard, you've got the +7 guard break and the throw itself for some good advantage or damage.

So if you're following, the initial wind dash is like... a way to come in really fast and really long distance with the mix-up value covering its bases as opposed to the new wind dash which is for basically putting your opponent into the air for a juggle while having a way to cover both of its bases on those launchers with a great gb and throw.

Can't argue about too many options either since most of those other characters still outnumber Hayate on options from their stances combined.

TakedaZX

Update: Hayate's Teleport is back. Master confirmed this yesterday but I saw it for myself today on the Twitch stream. It comes from any form of Rekkuga (:6::6::[[p+k]]:). All forms of this can do the teleport. I thought of this idea awhile ago but I thought people would consider it overpowered. Looking at it now, it looks like it'll be really nice for him. Makes me wonder if they'll consider allowing Hayate to go straight into a wind dash mix-up from it.

The way it's done is by holding 6 during the charge of Rekkuga. So :P::P::6_::[[P]]:/:P::P::6::[[P]]::6_: or :9::P::[[P]]::6_: and so on. I'm excited for this addition.

6P4 has returned as well. This cancels into a back flip which means that 6P7K may return. 6P4 puts Hayate into a backflip state that fakes out allowing him to follow up the flip with a backflip like 7K. In the end that means he'll do two backflips, with only the second on hitting or he could just do nothing.

I personally never liked the move. I found it unnecessary and even now I see it as that way. I'll see it through though. I'm a bit happier now to see what goes on in this game.

Nameless Sama

Hey Takeda !
So I will and I want to play with Hayate because Ryu and Hayate are a badass Tag Team besides Ryu and Kasumi.
So Hayate and Ryu have the same outfits okay but WHY WHY TN WHY they dont have a TAG INTRO????????
They are like Brothers and they have a Tag Throw and a TAg Win Pose okay where the fucking god damin is the Tag Intro ? Even Ein and Ryu have full Tag Animations ? I hope TN make it true, What I hope ? No they MUST!

TakedaZX

Hey Takeda !
So I will and I want to play with Hayate because Ryu and Hayate are a badass Tag Team besides Ryu and Kasumi.
So Hayate and Ryu have the same outfits okay but WHY WHY TN WHY they dont have a TAG INTRO????????
They are like Brothers and they have a Tag Throw and a TAg Win Pose okay where the fucking god damin is the Tag Intro ? Even Ein and Ryu have full Tag Animations ? I hope TN make it true, What I hope ? No they MUST!

TN has been complacent about it for years.

I'm just more worried about Hayate himself. I have a lot of hopes for him and I just want him to be good in comparison to the other charcters as opposed to damn near garbage, only carried by his damage.

Omega SYSP

Standard Donor
I never played doa 3.1 so that faux backflip thing will be interesting for me at least ! Im a fan of his new ninja threads and his teleport as Well ^_^ ! Nice tag throw, but I never play tagged sooo yeah lol

Gultigargar

In the DOA5U streams I noticed the last hit of Nakiryu doesn't do any damage.

Do any of you know how it works now? Does it just do less damage now, or does it do the full damage on the first two hits?

TakedaZX

In the DOA5U streams I noticed the last hit of Nakiryu doesn't do any damage.

Do any of you know how it works now? Does it just do less damage now, or does it do the full damage on the first two hits?
I noticed the same thing. It might be the latter... which I find a little ridiculous but there could be some tactical use behind it. especially if you're on a stage with no walls an you want to play up close as him.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
From what Shade Swifteye told me (I'll be playing Hayate too), H+K is turnaround stun & 33K is supposed to be legit after it along with him being able to teleport. I forgot how many teleport options he said that he had when he played him.

TakedaZX

From what Shade Swifteye told me (I'll be playing Hayate too), H+K is turnaround stun & 33K is supposed to be legit after it along with him being able to teleport. I forgot how many teleport options he said that he had when he played him.
Well it's off of Rekkuga (:6::6::[[P+K]]:) which means any version of that guard break is it (seems no one knows if 4P+K is along side those). If 33K is guaranteed that's great. I saw 3PP though in the combo training. I wanna see what that's about. I don't think it is guaranteed though.

Shade

Well it's off of Rekkuga (:6::6::[[p+k]]:) which means any version of that guard break is it (seems no one knows if 4P+K is along side those). If 33K is guaranteed that's great. I saw 3PP though in the combo training. I wanna see what that's about. I don't think it is guaranteed though.

I tried to teleport using the wind dash with every directional input I could think of to no avail. Doesn't mean he can't but it's nothing simple like :6:. Looks like its only from the the charge elbow so far.

On the flip side, after a well timed teleport against a wake up kick, you can get a guranteed CB from back turn.

What I was saying was 3K is guaranteed. I'm not sure 33K has the range necessary to hit in time. But you can easily follow up with 33k after a 3k.

And 4P 6P+K K is the new goto wall combo because it now hits in time.

Last edited:

Jaguar360

Can't he teleport by doing :9::P::6: and :P::P::P::6: now? I saw these moves in his move list watching the videos and I remember Master saying Hayate can teleport from most charging moves at E3.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD