Hayate Online! Help Please!

NinjaDon

Hello FSD! I'm a new player and I have DOA5U:CF. I have some experience with Dead or Alive on Dead Or Alive 2 (PS2) but I don't think that will suffice. So basically I need help online with Hayate as the title says. Any suggestions?

RyuxSama

The mechanics have really changed from DOA2. In my opinion, i think you should familiarize yourself with ALL of Hayates commands and his combos.

If you like, i can help you out online and show you some Hayate stuff

Just Lmk!

Last edited by a moderator:

NinjaDon

The r
The mechanics have really changed from DOA2. In my opinion, i think you should familiarize yourself with ALL of Hayates commands and his combos.
The problem is I don't know many of his combos. Oh and I also need help with Raijin on his command list. The 98.9% is killing me .

TakedaZX

As said, the first thing you want to do with any character you play with is familiarize yourself with the character's move list. Obviously there's the command training and combo training. Afterward I would say that you should watch Allan Paris's break down of Hayate as a character, which points out all of Hayate's key moves, strengths, and weaknesses.

In a nutshell I'd say that Hayate is a well rounded character. Slightly above average damage, good speed, good launchers, good hold and throw damage, and GREAT space control. He can be played at any range depending on how hot you want to play. If you want to stay in and be aggressive, it's possible because he's got a generally good level of speed with his 10i jab, 12i mid punch, 12i dragon punch (Kick), and 14i low. Using these, you can run smart pressure up close and probably still survive. Another tool up close is his special sidestep which has strong evasive properties.

As for mid range to long range. He has a special type of space control. Ayane controls space defensively, to where she can easily make it tough for you to go in on her. As soon as you make the mistake of even trying, she puts you to shame. Hayate is one character who can roughly combat that. Hayate's space control is somewhat more offensive than defensive. He has to make space himself by actually backing away manually with special movements like the korean backdash. Once he's there, he has multiple tools that can get him in from mid range. Most characters won't have great keep out moves for this, allowing him to run a great pressure game at all ranges.

He's also got great wall damage so that's reason to get acquainted with his guard breaks and knockbacks. More often than not, you'll be looking to these for damage than anything else.

Hope this gets you headed in a generally good direction.

TakedaZX

Does anyone have a strategy for Hayate vs Fast Characters ?
8P+KP out of everything. (Jk lol)

My strategy usually spawns from character knowledge. The more you understand about the other character's speeds and options, to more it makes sense of when to attack and crush. If you're not familiar with the opponent's character, simply try to push them off you with 6PK, 3K, and 1K/1P. Keep them at range from there and utilize your get in moves to pressure them by being in your own comfort zone to attack but just outside of theirs. Eventually they'll wisen up and start blocking, and this is when you can start utilizing your guard breaks while inside.

Generally your elbow guard breaks will always give +3. At +3 all you'll ever need is P, 6PK, 3K, and 1P/4P. P will beat 7i. There are no 7i strikes in the game so basically there's nothing to stop the jab except a crush. 6PK will check 9i jabs while also checking people who want to surprise sidestep out of disadvantage. 3K will check any 11i and slower mids. The stun is pretty juicy and you get frame advantage if they simply just don't block. 1P will check SS pretty easily, opening up an option for a low sweep. 4P will do the same thing, but it also allows for you to loop back into +3 with 4P6P. There's other weaker and more powerful guard breaks in his arsenal but this is your middle ground.

Once they realize you're not gunna let them mash you out and that +3 is actually in your favor, then you can start to utilize his throws. 6T is simply damage but you can get more off of 236T, 7K. Careful with 236T though because the 7K does not scale. If your opponent commonly holds, you may want to consider 33T or 41236T (Nakiryu or Raijin). After 33T, you can get a safe ground hit with 2P. If the opponent hits a button, they'll be forced to tech. If not, you get space. The other two grabs are just damage.

This is the general mentality but once again, if you're having trouble with specifically faster characters, you should do your research. It'll only get easier from there.

Last edited:

NinjaDon

Lmk= Let me know. And we can have some sparring sessions and we can work on ur hayate. :)
Ryu, is the offer still on ? I'd like your help with my Hayate online because I haven't been playing for long . If it is can you invite me to a lobby match?
PSN: Rodardinho(my brother's account)

RyuxSama

Ryu, is the offer still on ? I'd like your help with my Hayate online because I haven't been playing for long . If it is can you invite me to a lobby match?
PSN: Rodardinho(my brother's account)
Of course!! I should be on later today. I can help you out, but just to let you know, i do main Busa (Obviously). Everything i know about Hayate is all from experience and applying it to his gameplay. If you are still up for it, I'd be glad to help You! =)

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD