Hayate v1.03

Nate

Here is the Hayate list of changes from the main post:

[NEW MOVE] Added Raijin (41236T・4682T・7391T when there is no ceiling).
[NEW MOVE] PP2K6P+K: added a new move that can transition into Hayate-Gake.
[NEW MOVE] 4P6P+K: added a new move that can transition into Hayate-Gake.
4P: changed normal hit reaction to uppercut stun, added sidestep tracking.
2K: changed to standing status.
6PK: fixed an issue that made this a high kick. It is now a mid kick.
66PP max charge: changed startup from 41 to 32F, changed advantage on guard from +1 to +3F.
66P+K max charge: changed startup from 36 to 33F, changed advantage on guard from +1 to +3F.
PP6P max charge: changed startup from 30 to 24F, changed advantage on guard from +1 to +3F.
9PP max charge: changed startup from 31 to 25F, changed advantage on guard from +1 to +3F.
4P+K max charge: changed startup from 63 to 60F, changed advantage on guard from +1 to +3F.
P+K, 3H+KKP, sidestep P: changed reaction on normal or Counter hit to sit-down stun.
8P: changed to launch on normal hit.
4P6P: changed to guard break and changed advantage on guard from -9 to GB(+3F).
3K: changed hit reactions from crouching Counter hit or higher to sit-down stuns
214P: changed hit reactions from crouching normal hit or higher to knock down stuns.
236K: changed to guard break, changed advantage on guard from -5F to GB(+1F), changed damage from 45 to 40, changed to jump over downed opponents.
Sidestep K: changed to guard break and changed disadvantage on guard from -15 to GB(0F).
Hayate-Gake K: downs opponents, changed advantage on guard from -15 to -5F.
Hayate-Gake P+K: removed wall blow back.

From simply reading the list, it seems like an overall buff.
Anyone notice anything in the overall patch notes that would hint if 236F,7K still works?

TakedaZX

Yea. I can't say I'm not happy in the end but I expect H+K and PPK to get a transition into the wind dash as well...

It would be nice to get the stun it had in DOA4 as well (the one Kasumi has now), but idk, maybe more underlying changes are coming as well.

I'm surprised they chose to do 236k as his jump over move, I would've preferred the old style wind dash tele over that.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
I thought in one of TNs videos I saw his 3H+K, K got a ground splat and not the mentioned sit-down stun. Is it not happening?

RAIJIN!
Wonderful, makes "Summon Suffering" look like a joke (Ivy from Soul Calibur).

Keylay

I thought in one of TNs videos I saw his 3H+K, K got a ground splat and not the mentioned sit-down stun. Is it not happening?

RAIJIN!

That was on a back turned opponent.

Nate

RAIJIN!

I think Raijin is easy (not trying to "sound cool"). Maybe the inputs just work for my hands? I always did it in DOA4 with 100% accuracy fail not. I'm glad it's back, however, as well!

Yea. I can't say I'm not happy in the end but I expect H+K and PPK to get a transition into the wind dash as well...

It would be nice to get the stun it had in DOA4 as well (the one Kasumi has now), but idk, maybe more underlying changes are coming as well.

I'm surprised they chose to do 236k as his jump over move, I would've preferred the old style wind dash tele over that.

That's quite possibly my greatest disappointment. Wanted the teleport back. It's signature of Hayate. At least I can continue to watch his stage intro and imagine...

Omega SYSP

Standard Donor
I think Raijin is easy (not trying to "sound cool"). Maybe the inputs just work for my hands? I always did it in DOA4 with 100% accuracy fail not. I'm glad it's back, however, as well!

That's quite possibly my greatest disappointment. Wanted the teleport back. It's signature of Hayate. At least I can continue to watch his stage intro and imagine...
I know right !

I can't wait to get my hands on the new buffs !!

Zeo

3K and 214P cause sit-down stuns on counter hit on an opponent crouching. Does a sit-down stun state count? Would it be possible to do something like P+K > 3K > P+K/214P > Launch? Sit-down stun combos essentially.

Nate

3K and 214P cause sit-down stuns on counter hit on an opponent crouching. Does a sit-down stun state count? Would it be possible to do something like P+K > 3K > P+K/214P > Launch? Sit-down stun combos essentially.

Doubtful. I seem to recall when getting hit by a sit-down stun while already in one causing knockdown.

Zeo

Doubtful. I seem to recall when getting hit by a sit-down stun while already in one causing knockdown.
Not the case, I play Akira and Rig as well and can confirm that sit-down stuns can be chained into eachother as long as...

1. The sit-down has long enough stun to chain into the other and vice versa (while still being unholdable.)
2. Your character has more than one sit-down stun as you cannot use the same sit-down more than once without causing a knockdown.

In Rig's case, 66K causes a belly stun on NH and CH against a standing opponent, but causes a sit-down if the opponent is crouching or already in a sit-down state. I'm wondering if the same applies here. That would mean you need to start the combo off with P+K, but can chain 3K or 214P back into P+K and then into a launch. Assuming you get a long enough stun from these moves.

Nate

Not the case, I play Akira and Rig as well and can confirm that sit-down stuns can be chained into eachother as long as...

1. The sit-down has long enough stun to chain into the other and vice versa (while still being unholdable.)
2. Your character has more than one sit-down stun as you cannot use the same sit-down more than once without causing a knockdown.

In Rig's case, 66K causes a belly stun on NH and CH against a standing opponent, but causes a sit-down if the opponent is crouching or already in a sit-down state. I'm wondering if the same applies here. That would mean you need to start the combo off with P+K, but can chain 3K or 214P back into P+K and then into a launch. Assuming you get a long enough stun from these moves.

That can't be the case, altho it would be sweet. That would be so OP, I think! Esp. if the stun was good enough to land a CB.

However, after reading the notes again, it says P+K will sit-down on normal or counter-hit. Not higher. So I assume used on a character already in a stun, it will not sit down. I'm not entirely sure of their verbiage half the time. Any thoughts?

Murakame

That can't be the case, altho it would be sweet. That would be so OP, I think! Esp. if the stun was good enough to land a CB.

However, after reading the notes again, it says P+K will sit-down on normal or counter-hit. Not higher. So I assume used on a character already in a stun, it will not sit down. I'm not entirely sure of their verbiage half the time. Any thoughts?

I have the same viewpoint as Zeo. Rig can link sit-down stuns because one of his is done on a opponent in a crouching state. I believe a person in the sit-down stun state is considered crouching since all highs whiff so it should be possible to do P+K, 3k or 214P as a sit-down stun link depending on how deep the stuns are. Also usually a moves properties on counterhit are carried over when a opponent is in stun. So P+K will probably sitdown but I doubt wed be able to do what Zeo suggested (P+K after 3k or 214P) because that should knockdown.

Nate

Well this sounds even more awesome, then.

Sit-down stun vs. knockdown stun, however. What is the main difference? We're mentioning 214P in this chain of unholdable but it's not listed as "sit-down".

Zeo

Sit-down stun chains all but confirmed, and here's why:

I did a bit of testing with Eliot and Rig, chars that have moves that sit-down only when hitting a crouching opponent. I used Eliot and Rig's 66k (same motion, same properties, funny that) when the opponent was standing and got a belly stun, when they were crouching however, I got a sit-down stun. Now that's expected, but when I landed one of their other sit-down stuns (Eliot's 3kp, Rig's 7p) and immediately followed up with 66k, I got another sit-down stun despite the initial sit-down not necessarily being CH. And in Rig's case, I have other stand alone sit-down moves which allow me to chain into a launcher (or CB). This proves that sit-downs that only work on crouching opponents do work if they are in a sit-down state as it acts as the crouching state.

Now, I noticed that the patch says "3K: changed hit reactions from crouching Counter hit or higher to sit-down stuns". This is ignored however if the opponent is in a stun as all attacks have the same stun frame properties as they do if the same attack is landed initially on CH (IE. Hayate's 3K is +27 on CH and if used as a combo extender in stun, I'm sure you know this all already). Which means 3K is legit after the P+K assuming it grants a deep enough stun.

Now for the good part, sit-down stuns only knock down if used when you reach the critical threshold. Which means if you start off your combo with P+K (or SS P) you can chain P+K > 3K > P+K > Launch/CB? assuming either grants a deep enough stun to be guaranteed off eachanother. If you start off your combo with a move other than P+K however, you'll have to do P+K after your initial attack and then 3K for the chain, after which depending on the amount of stun you'll go for a launcher, CB, etc.

Lastly, as of 1.02, Hayate's 3K is +27 on CH and in stun as I said before. Add the properties of a sit-down stun to that and you can do a variety of things but I also noticed that with his other sit-down stun (3pp) after the last frame when stagger escape is set to fastest, your attacks become holdable. Case in point, 33k (i15) is guaranteed after 33p but every move past 15 frames is holdable. In 3K's case, with stagger set to fastest (assuming the stun depth is unchanged in the patch) you'd get +19, which guarantees 8p and 33k. Unfortunately this means P+K would not be chain-able and possible to be countered at the very last second (being 18 frames).

The chain is mostly guaranteed but going off of data I have now, chaining P+K off 3K with it's current stun guaranteed is iffy. If I'm wrong however, this is possible.

P+K > 3K > P+K > CB > 6P+K > 4P6P+KK > 7K (BT)

Or: Stun of choice > P+K > 3K > 33K > 8P > PP6PK.

I know this is kinda half baked from the lack of knowledge I have on the depth of P+K and 3K's future sit-down stuns. But going off what I do have, sit-down chains are all but confirmed. I'd really appreciate it if a Hayate player on PSN tested this out for me come the 22nd. I'm on 360 exclusively right now and won't be able to for another week.

Murakame

I know this is kinda half baked from the lack of knowledge I have on the depth of P+K and 3K's future sit-down stuns. But going off what I do have, sit-down chains are all but confirmed. I'd really appreciate it if a Hayate player on PSN tested this out for me come the 22nd. I'm on 360 exclusively right now and won't be able to for another week.

I've got you covered. I'll also post up a couple of day 1 wind dash cancel juggles while I'm at it.

TakedaZX

-snip-

P+K > 3K > P+K > CB > 6P+K > 4P6P+KK > 7K (BT)

Or: Stun of choice > P+K > 3K > 33K > 8P > PP6PK.
That all depends bud. Remember that SD stuns can be SE'd, which means those setups specifically could be all for nothing.

On top of that P+K has ass range, so changing 3K into that might be a hassle because I'm almost sure that 3K will have an exceptional amount of push back calling for you to dash in after it or only having enough advantage/range for a certain launcher, which I would imagine would be 8p or 9k.

We'll see though, I'd like P+K into 3k at least.

Zeo

You guys can test it out in the next 2 days on PSN, be sure to dump all the new info. But I don't need to tell you that. I'll be doing studying and watching matches for the next week until the patch drops over here.

TakedaZX

You guys can test it out in the next 2 days on PSN, be sure to dump all the new info. But I don't need to tell you that. I'll be doing studying and watching matches for the next week until the patch drops over here.
Will do, unfortunately the other kids may beat me too it. I've got classes that, in fact it's my first day of classes for my second semester of college. I'll give up tech that I find though.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD