Community Help RM Blackberry get to DOA Festival :)

Blackburry

Standard Donor
I do not usually do things like this, as I have been traveling on my own dime for years now. This opportunity is like once in a lifetime though, and I'd hate to have it slip by. Playing Competitive DOA in a different country is a dream. Competing on a national level in international territory is something few get to do, and the event being in Japan is even better! Japan is always a place I have wanted to visit since I was a child! So I humbly ask for assistance.

Anything helps. :)

gofundme.com/ya6nc2t

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
Hey Blackberry, think of writing your request more like a resume. Examples like, "I think I should deserve to go because of my accomplishments x/y/z." or "I should go because of my contributions to the community of x/y/z." Treat it like you're trying to sell a pitch to investors, otherwise your request for help is no different from someone else wanting the same thing.

Blackburry

Standard Donor
Hey Blackberry, think of writing your request more like a resume. Examples like, "I think I should deserve to go because of my accomplishments x/y/z." or "I should go because of my contributions to the community of x/y/z." Treat it like you're trying to sell a pitch to investors, otherwise your request for help is no different from someone else wanting the same thing.

True, but I didn't want to come off shoving that down people's throats. I dunno I'll see.

I put it out there a little, but I'm a good competent high level player regardless.

Last edited:

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Removed from the front page due to reasons I've discussed previously when these types of posts happen. This is something that has more of a place in a status but I won't lock the thread.

Blackburry

Standard Donor
Removed from the front page due to reasons I've discussed previously when these types of posts happen. This is something that has more of a place in a status but I won't lock the thread.

Was this a recent rule? I've seen campaigns like this on the front page :\

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Was this a recent rule? I've seen campaigns like this on the front page :\
There was a period last year where several campaigns went up in a row and posting them on the front page sets the tone that they're endorsed by the site in general. It's a favoritism concern. One or two went up and then after that were shut down.

It's totally cool to ask the community for help for things but we either have to promote all of them to the front page (which encourages more people to post them in the first place) or none of them. The latter is the more fair way to go.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD