Holy crap I forgot how good this game looked :)

Argentus

Was doing a side by comparison of DOA4's nicole and DOA5's Rachel, and aside from the females faces, I forgot how much better DOA4 looked than DOA5. More fluid movements, better lighting, beautiful menus and stages, awesome music, etc. It really does make DOA5 look terrible by straight comparison.

that said, to hell with the cheating AI lol

David Gregg

Meh...I can only really play the game for 10 minutes tops. It's too hard to go back when you realize how broken the system is (hence why the A.I. appears to be cheating).

However if I ever like to reminisce over a past DOA game from an aesthetics perspective it's definitely DOA2U. The stages were grand and elaborate and while they were colorful there was balance so that not every stage looked like they threw up bright neon all over the screen.

crapoZK

Standard Donor
Well yeah, obviously.

Why, you don't like DOA4's looks?
I like the stages, definitely and Zack's old look. I don't really care about the main menu of the 5 series, but DOA 3, 2U and 4 had a sick main menu. To me, that's the only thing that's better than DOA5. I liked DOA2U the best. I feel like that was the best DOA game created.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I liked DOA2U the best. I feel like that was the best DOA game created.

200_s.gif

And now back to topic:
I agree, DOA4 looked bright, colorful, full of detail and most of all perfectly polished...but:

46a163caedf46470633df365a0620ee4-d6fry0p.jpg

Would you really wanna go back there?

synce

I prefer the top row, and I agree DOA4 was a beautiful game. The characters had a simple and cute charm you rarely see in console games anymore, where everything has to be realistic and edgy. And the backgrounds were INSANE. It was basically a 3D, colorized manga.

BTW everyone should look into Xenoblade X if you're into that simple character/detailed BG style. The game looks like such a breath of fresh air

KwonJigglypuff

DOA 2-4 : Great music, wondrous stages, iconic cutscenes/endings

DOA 5 : Amazing models/faces, better mechanics, more characters & costumes

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I like both DOA4's DOA5's art style, but the realistic look is much better. Whenever i do go back to DOA4, it's like fresh air, but after a while, i just go back to DOA5. The new Kasumi is much better realistic and and more detailed. Her hair is the only thing that i don't like about her transition, but y'all already know that.;)

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
I dunno what people are talking about, but the more realistic style works for DOA character. They actually have expressions and they don't look like dolls. I'm glad DOA5 went with Ninja Gaiden style graphics. DOA5 went more realistic because it was part of the changing image the series is going towards. The anime style graphics wouldn't have worked with the more serious and gritty tone DOA was going for.

Kodachi

Standard Donor
I dunno what people are talking about, but the more realistic style works for DOA character. They actually have expressions and they don't look like dolls. I'm glad DOA5 went with Ninja Gaiden style graphics. DOA5 went more realistic because it was part of the changing image the series is going towards. The anime style graphics wouldn't have worked with the more serious and gritty tone DOA was going for.
I hate the gritty tone DOA5 has, it needs its colorful polished atmosphere back.

Aven Kujo-Gin

Not only the visual aspect, DOA4 was more fun to play(Speaking of myself, I love the fast-paced style)
PD: I'm glad to see how this game is still getting some love :)

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD