Honoka in DOA6 - New Moves!

CookingMama

Howdy, all! I want to make this thread so all of Honoka's changes can be kept in one, easy to find place. Credits to this post go towards the great Matt Ponton/Sorwah and Miyabin. Thanks to them I am able to make this thread for you! I'll keep this thread updated as new information comes out and if I get anything wrong. Enjoy!

New Moves:
The bulk of Honoka's new moves comes from her old taunt "Burning Soul". In DOA5 Burning Soul was assigned to :624::P+K: . You can still access it that way now but we have new transitions and the stance has much more moves!

Burning Soul:
:4::P::P::4:
:3::P+K::4:
:624::P+K:

Each can be done on block, though are presumably negative (we don't have the frames yet).

Moves within Burning Soul:
:P: - The high fistbump that is in 5.
:6::P: - Tina's 6P+K, a mid punch that causes stun.
:2::P: - Bass's 1P, a sweeping low punch.
:K: - Bass's 7K, decently fast mid kick launch (very useful!)
:P+K: - The running clothesliner, same as in 5.
:H+K: - Bass/Nyotengu 4H+K, the Sumo stump. Mid chargeable kick that causes knockdown.
:T: - Bass's 66T, a regular throw. (NOT an OH like Bass's).
:h: - Transitions into Honoka-fu

Here is a link to a tweet by Miyabin showcasing the new moves from Burning Soul.

Now, beyond all the additions to the Burning Soul stance she has got a few new throws!

New Throws:
:8::T: - Bass's 8T, an offensive hold!
:3::T: - Lisa's 3T, a low offensive hold!
During Ducking :T: - Zack's throw during ducking.
During Dragon Stance :T: - An OH during dragon stance (unconfirmed but Dragon gunner maybe?)
During Dokuritsu-ho :T: - A normal throw, I haven't seen the animation yet though.
While opponent is airborne :T: - An air throw, bellyflops the opponent to the ground.

Now her fatal rush actually has some interesting properties so I'll write those here:

Fatal Rush:
:s::4: - Goes into backturned
:s::s::4: (maybe :h:) - Goes into Burning Soul
:s::s::s::4: (maybe :h:)- Goes into Honoka-fu

Here is footage of some of the new stuff being shown off by Miyabin and Matt Ponton:

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Honoka is starting to look like a beast.

I just hope they can give her enough tools so we can strip her of that bearhug. Gota be honest i don't think any 9 framer needs a reset like that. Especially not one with such insane throw range lol

Onryoki

Standard Donor
I hope she won’t have those T-Rex arms in 6, she’s a good character but her god awful range really holds her back as a character.

CookingMama

Also wanna point out that even with these changes we still lack a solid low.

And further, how did they buff every stance but Bokuho :(

Honoka looking way more interesting, that's my salad! lol

Did you peek that we can extend the stun from 8P > heichu 2P now in open stance thanks to the stagger change?!

Nikotsumi

Did you peek that we can extend the stun from 8P > heichu 2P now in open stance thanks to the stagger change?!
Didn't notice it before, good stuff.
Also yeah... Bokuho and Heichu seem like they're the only stances without a throw now, I'd really like a Bokuho T lol

UpSideDownGRUNT

I saw in a recent gameplay video she still has Ein's 7P, that means she likely still has Hokage(33T) and that makes me happy. Even if Ein is 90% likely gone I can still chop some necks with the Honoka who looks very salad in 6.

TRI Mike

Absolutely excited about the new changes to her though I'm finding a hard time figuring out how to implement that Burning Soul stance in the middle of an actual fight. Unless you can skip most of the animation into it, it'll be pretty hard. The new throws will give her amazing options, especially the ducking one.

I believe the air throw was unnecessary given that she has amazing juggles already.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Absolutely excited about the new changes to her though I'm finding a hard time figuring out how to implement that Burning Soul stance in the middle of an actual fight. Unless you can skip most of the animation into it, it'll be pretty hard. The new throws will give her amazing options, especially the ducking one.

I believe the air throw was unnecessary given that she has amazing juggles already.

I don't think the air throw was unnecessary. It adds variety to her move pool and might work great against heavies or situations where you just need some quick damage. The more nervous I get fighting someone with low health bar, the more appetizing an air throw seems if I feel a drop coming.

But hey, it's good to see you back in the forum. I might be wrong, but it's been a while.

TRI Mike

Yeah I've been away for a good while. Nice to see you too.

Honestly, DOA6 looks pretty good so far so I'm planning on hanging around here to discuss the game and this time I'll actually be able to play online because I now have a good internet connection.

TRI Mike

Not yet, but she still has Brad's stance, Fu's 2P+K46P finisher so that kinda guarantees their presence in the game as I think it'd be retarded for her to have their moves if they're not playable.

I hope she copies stuff from Diego and Nico.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
No, Honoka did not get any new moves on her own. Her style is copying other people, so it’s only normal for her to have as much moves from other characters as possible.

Not yet, but she still has Brad's stance, Fu's 2P+K46P finisher so that kinda guarantees their presence in the game as I think it'd be retarded for her to have their moves if they're not playable.

I hope she copies stuff from Diego and Nico.
She also has Ein’s 7P does that mean Ein is automatically guaranteed? That logic makes 0 sense. Those moves are a part of HER moveset, she copied those moves from other fighters but she put it in her own fighting style. This does not guarantee certain characters returning to the series.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD