Honoka's beginner guide(WIP)

Yurlungur

honoka-doa58-600x338.jpg

Understanding Honoka
:
Honoka is a "dural" type character utlizing many different characters moves to her advantage. Unlike Radiou who is also this kind of character she relies on stances as well in order to make her mixup game even scarier.

Pokes:
  • Pokey Pokey
Get off me/keep out tools:
  • OSU YAAHHH!!!!!
Launchers:(from safest to unsafest)

Stances:

Hissatsu-no-Kamae also known as HNK:

This is one of her most important stances as it's the only one that leads into her critical burst.
  • p is her critical burst
  • k is a knee launcher
  • T is the first part of ryu's izuna

Entrances into Hissatsu
  • Bt pp
  • h+k in Dokuritsu-Ho
  • pp in ducking
  • p in dragon stance
  • p+k in heichu

Dragon Stance:

Entrances into Dragon Stance

• 1pp
  • ppp
  • k in dragon stance

Ducking Stance:

Entrances into Ducking

• pp2
  • 236+p+k
  • 4k2

Bokuho Stance:

Entrances into Bokuho

• pp2k
  • 214+p+k

Heichu Stance:

Entrances into Heichu

• 8p
  • 66p+k

Carerra Stance:
While entering Carerra stance, honoka automatically goes into a running motion

• Running p (a shoulder charge, if like the originals it's + on block)
  • Running K (a high drop kick, i don't see much uses for this move)
  • Running p+k (Tina's flying butt attack)
  • Running h+k (low slide move)
  • Running T (Shining wizard, used to catch opponents trying to sidestep)
Entrances into Carerra
  • 66k6
Roll(christie's):

Entrances into Roll

• 4k, p+k from Dokuritsu-Ho
Dokuritsu-Ho Stance:

Entrances into Dokuritsu-Ho

• pp4p
  • ppk
  • k from bokuho

Honoka combo videos:

Please feel free to write in this thread and i will update/edit this accordingly

Last edited:

DoANoob

Wow Just from her command training, you already made a beginners guide off of that:eek:? I'm impressed. You must've analyzed, rewind/fastforward, and made a lot of notes just from that. That's some serious studying. Wish I cold be like that:(, but still, kudos the the guide. :)

ErickBello

Her 6P should give her at least +10 to do the wall splat seen in the video, I want to say +13 or +15, but I'm not sure about that. In my opinion, she plays like Lei Fei more than Dural, because Salad-chan plays more with the stage transitions.

GreatDarkHero

This is frame advantage
Premium Donor
Thank you for organizing the thread.
I might to look into what she can do in the mid range against the opponents... @Jyakotu mentioned that the players may have to get a bit more creative when trying to "get in" or even play at the neutral as she has range problems to address when trying to retain/control space.

synce

She doesn't have a running OH and her run transition isn't that good so she's just a cheap knockoff don't worry :p

Anyway IMO it's way too early for threads like this. Actually I'm confused why there's like 5 threads here. Would be more efficient to keep all Honoka chatter to one thread unless there's new content (like move list video) or people can actually play her

Yurlungur

She doesn't have a running OH and her run transition isn't that good so she's just a cheap knockoff don't worry :p

Anyway IMO it's way too early for threads like this. Actually I'm confused why there's like 5 threads here. Would be more efficient to keep all Honoka chatter to one thread unless there's new content (like move list video) or people can actually play her

I'm just doing this so i can save time, i'm not inputting frame data and writing out all the stances and stance transitions and what they do are going to take quite a bit of time which i can just do now tbh

KwonJigglypuff

Are we even sure the movelist that was leaked is final ?
For instance, in the trailer she's doing a throw against Kokoro (when she uses magical powers) and I didn't see it in the movelist video.

KwonJigglypuff

Also, sorry to ask so many questions, but is it true she has Ryu's izuna ?

People on Gamefaqs said they saw it ("she might have it based on her combo challenge video").
Problem is that this video is now private and there is no way to see it.
The "leaker" was probably forced to make it disappear...

Edit : Oh wait, it's actually right here.
And it's just the first part of his izuna, pheeeew.

Last edited:

J2S

If she can learn moves instantly, does that mean her moveset is customizable ?! LOL no i'm kidding, but that would be cool though :cool:

lotr9690

She has B.U.R.S.T. without the bound against the floor right? Or is that another move? I know it's one of alpha's moves though.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD