How Did You Decide on your main?

The 4th phase

Standard Donor
Everyone has their stories on how they first decided on their main. I am curious to hear everyone else’s. for me i started using kasumi back in the days of doa3. (i played 1 and 2 after lol). i remember seeing how cool she looked and fun she was to play, i was hooked since then.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Kasumi was easy for me. I was in 8th grade when I tried the dimensions demo, all the characters didn't resonate with me, but then I saw Kasumi, she looked sad like she didn't want to fight with her long copper hair and sad expression and that won me over

After that, I looked her up on YouTube and seeing her reluctant nature to fight since she was far ahead of the other combatants and didn't want to hurt them made her my main girl♡

Kodachi

Standard Donor
in the OG days of DOA I was Kasumi main then I became an Ayane Loyalist and named myself after her La Mariposa caught my eye immediately in DOA4 she was fresh I liked the rope tricks. 2023 im back to Ayane she looks absolutely beautiful in the DOA6 engine and I feel like my old self again.

The 4th phase

Standard Donor
I love professional wrestling, so Tina was an easy choice for me.

Like most guys I had a crush on Kasumi when I was a teenager, but I could never fucking play her in the Itagaki titles to a performance I was happy with.
honestly she was a blast to play her in 1-4.

but yeah tina is solid

in the OG days of DOA I was Kasumi main then I became an Ayane Loyalist and named myself after her La Mariposa caught my eye immediately in DOA4 she was fresh I liked the rope tricks. 2023 im back to Ayane she looks absolutely beautiful in the DOA6 engine and I feel like my old self again.

glad you want to back to ayane, you need to find the wrym hole and challenge his hitomi again lol

TheIndustrialCowboy

NiCO Evangelist
Premium Donor
During my first few weeks of playing DOA6, I was initially conflicted as to whether I liked NiCO or Hitomi more, based on initial impressions. Then I played story mode, and NiCO immediately took over from that point on. I sympathise with and relate to NiCO far more than any other video game character that I can think of.

Playstyle actually wasn't much of a factor in choosing my main, because I hadn't played enough fighting games up to that point to have a playstyle of my own. I moulded my skills according to NiCO's demands.

The 4th phase

Standard Donor
During my first few weeks of playing DOA6, I was initially conflicted as to whether I liked NiCO or Hitomi more, based on initial impressions. Then I played story mode, and NiCO immediately took over from that point on. I sympathise with and relate to NiCO far more than any other video game character that I can think of.

Playstyle actually wasn't much of a factor in choosing my main, because I hadn't played enough fighting games up to that point to have a playstyle of my own. I moulded my skills according to NiCO's demands.

yeah your dedication to nico admirable, when a character clicks they click. thanks for sharing

Kasumi was easy for me. I was in 8th grade when I tried the dimensions demo, all the characters didn't resonate with me, but then I saw Kasumi, she looked sad like she didn't want to fight with her long copper hair and sad expression and that won me over

After that, I looked her up on YouTube and seeing her reluctant nature to fight since she was far ahead of the other combatants and didn't want to hurt them made her my main girl♡

thanks for sharing, glad to know where Kasumi grew on you.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Ein: Looks cool and punch good
Hayate: When I want to play Ein but he's not on the roster
Hayabusa: I played Ninja Gaiden once
NiCO: She looked cool and I like her moveset
No hitomi anymore?? :-o and I know the other reason ya like Ein ;-D

Oh and if we're doing sub mains too, here's mine:

:tamaki:~ One of the best additions DOA has had, she made me love Aikido and Asuka didn't give me a good impression of it. Plus she's relatable since she likes posing, drinking, and she has a very warm yet flirty air to her like a 2.0 Nyo. Her style is also quite similar to Lili in a way with what they focus on so going to her was pretty easy. Love her design and her style motivated me to start attempting to learn Aikido or at least imitate it. As someone who wasn't at first too sold on her at first, she definitely won me over

:naotora:~ Like everything about her, especially how she's always sorry and how kick heavy she is and I love her VAs. Basically a kick oriented Kasumi pre doa5 kicked up to 1000, plus her hair style and her pop idol costume are ♡ Her appearance in DOA actually made me go to the DW/SW series and I also like her in that series as well.

:kasumi-alpha:~ My main in Dimensions since she plays like the better old Kasumi rather than the unsafe gutted Kasumi doa4 has. I liked her personality wise better since she's a darker, more sadistic take on what Kasumi could have turned out like if she lacked compassion and empathy, plus she's cold and calculated and twisted and alot more carefree than the OG Kasumi, shes very well a scary mirror of what Kasumi could have ended up like if she had let her treatment in the village go to her head which i think is chilling. I would have preferred Phase 4 be like this version since she has a better personality than Phase 4 does.

:phase4:~Kinda like Alpha but a darker, more pre doa5 version which I like, I loved how she was a more teleport focused Kasumi and I loved her deeper voice and the more dramatic costumes like her LR one where she had the broken chains and tubes. Not so much in 6 since she's basically an empty shell of her old self with hardly any of the traits she had in 5U, and I feel she should have had a bigger story role so I don't like her as much as I did in high school when I was depressed like she was and a shut in.

:kula:~Love her playstyle, her design and especially her hair and the length which won me over in the trailer, and I love her doa6 theme icicle(I have it tatted on my upper right chest) and I love her diamond breath projectile. Her personality is kinda eh in doa since I prefer her colder aura in KOF but overall she's one of my mains through and through.

:marierose:~I used quite a bit in 5U since I loved her design and initial darker persona since I thought she was going to be this sadistic, yet sophisticated loli since her style is actually very beautiful yet brutal with the bone cracks and such and I liked her Systema style focus on weakening joints and targeting them over time although I wished we could have gotten more of a unique trait from this element. I still like her in 6 but I felt her character was kinda washed out, too much cutesy skulduggery and brummagem friendly moments with Honoka and the others that felt tacked on and forced.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Christie reminds me of my babysitter of the same name that I looked up to when I was a kid. She owned a motorcycle, actually let me do my homework while watching TV, and took me to a monster truck derby. Needless to say, she was the coolest babysitter ever IMO.

Regarding the character herself, she's fast, she's voiced by Sailor Moon, and the shower scene sealed the deal.

UpSideDownGRUNT

No hitomi anymore?? :-o and I know the other reason ya like Ein ;-D

Oh and if we're doing sub mains too, here's mine:

:tamaki:~ One of the best additions DOA has had, she made me love Aikido and Asuka didn't give me a good impression of it. Plus she's relatable since she likes posing, drinking, and she has a very warm yet flirty air to her like a 2.0 Nyo. Her style is also quite similar to Lili in a way with what they focus on so going to her was pretty easy. Love her design and her style motivated me to start attempting to learn Aikido or at least imitate it. As someone who wasn't at first too sold on her at first, she definitely won me over

:naotora:~ Like everything about her, especially how she's always sorry and how kick heavy she is and I love her VAs. Basically a kick oriented Kasumi pre doa5 kicked up to 1000, plus her hair style and her pop idol costume are ♡ Her appearance in DOA actually made me go to the DW/SW series and I also like her in that series as well.

:kasumi-alpha:~ My main in Dimensions since she plays like the better old Kasumi rather than the unsafe gutted Kasumi doa4 has. I liked her personality wise better since she's a darker, more sadistic take on what Kasumi could have turned out like if she lacked compassion and empathy, plus she's cold and calculated and twisted and alot more carefree than the OG Kasumi, shes very well a scary mirror of what Kasumi could have ended up like if she had let her treatment in the village go to her head which i think is chilling. I would have preferred Phase 4 be like this version since she has a better personality than Phase 4 does.

:phase4:~Kinda like Alpha but a darker, more pre doa5 version which I like, I loved how she was a more teleport focused Kasumi and I loved her deeper voice and the more dramatic costumes like her LR one where she had the broken chains and tubes. Not so much in 6 since she's basically an empty shell of her old self with hardly any of the traits she had in 5U, and I feel she should have had a bigger story role so I don't like her as much as I did in high school when I was depressed like she was and a shut in.

:kula:~Love her playstyle, her design and especially her hair and the length which won me over in the trailer, and I love her doa6 theme icicle(I have it tatted on my upper right chest) and I love her diamond breath projectile. Her personality is kinda eh in doa since I prefer her colder aura in KOF but overall she's one of my mains through and through.

:marierose:~I used quite a bit in 5U since I loved her design and initial darker persona since I thought she was going to be this sadistic, yet sophisticated loli since her style is actually very beautiful yet brutal with the bone cracks and such and I liked her Systema style focus on weakening joints and targeting them over time although I wished we could have gotten more of a unique trait from this element. I still like her in 6 but I felt her character was kinda washed out, too much cutesy skulduggery and brummagem friendly moments with Honoka and the others that felt tacked on and forced.
I don't and have never mained Hitomi what are you talking about? I only main her in DOAX lmao

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I don't and have never mained Hitomi what are you talking about? I only main her in DOAX lmao
Really? I thought she was your main years ago but then again DMs can be misleading xD I get you tho, you use her for the nuts, not the guts which I can respect. Tbh I thought personally nico was definitely more your style since she seems similar enough to Ein to be your style and she seems more like someone you'd use in current doa. Plus you kinda remind me of her in a way brit kinda way

Last edited:

Kasumi-Phase-X

I decide My main on 2 reasons, how appealing they are (female exclusive) & how fun they are to play (like least fun for example are characters like Bass). In tournament scene I've mainly been playing Kasumi in DOA5.

Bonus for DOAXVV: I mainly pick girls/outfits based on the highest stats (because DOAXVV outfits have RPG mechanics) like Luna wearing her Senran Kagura Outfit & Hitomi wearing a Shrine Maiden Costume.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD