How DOA online mode should be done

WebHead

The graphics in the video are obviously outdated, but this is the way online modes for fighting games should be done in the year 2020. Not this outdated boomer dog shit text based lobby system from the original Xbox (20 years ago LUL).

Splitting up the community between Ranked and player matches is some low IQ shit. DOA4 was headed in right direction. Yeah, there were a few people that beat up on noobs and boosted their rank, but it never really made a big enough impact in the long run. DOA4 lobby days were fun as hell. DOA6's online is anything but fun.

The online mode is equally as important as the actual fighting game itself. The $90,000 should have been put into brainstorming, calculating, and deciphering a fun online mode.

What I think an online should have:

-MMO style online mode with weekly/daily scheduled tournaments for rank/status.
-Cross platform
-A shit load more that I'm not going to think of for free

This should get the ball rolling for Team Ninja. I will literally scream if DOA7 has the same old outdated text based lobby shit from 2002.

WebHead

You see, even the new Guilty Gear has a lobby system like DOA online. Team Ninja needs to stop being low IQ and start inovating, hire Itagaki again. "Cover bands do not rule the world".

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
hire Itagaki again.

I mean to be fair, Itagaki stated himself back on FB that he no longer wants to be a part of Team NINJA, even if they begged him (according to him).

When it comes to feedback about the lobbies, getting that man back who has no interest in rejoining for good is just a lost cause at that point. It's better to just get TN the feedback in itself.

WebHead

What blows my mind is that DOA4 had the most game modes and features in any online fighting game in history. Even SF4 didn't have more than 2 player lobbies for a few years. And when they finally added in "team fight" mode, it was completely pointless because the current match would reset and both players went back to full HP. About 30 minutes after playing DOA5, I was emo because deep down inside I knew the online would never live up to DOA4, which provided enough fun and entertainment to last 7 years straight. DOA4 was insanely immersive and creative down to the last detail. It felt like a perfect orchestra coming together. Never got those feelings from any other fighting game, and especially not DOA5 or 6. Crazy to think they did that in 2005.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD