How i can create DOAOL Offline Server?

Gultigargar

I have it working on my computer, but I forgot the exact steps I took to get it there. I've written down the parts I do remember, hopefully it might work for you?

Open your "client.ini" file in notepad or something similar. Look for a section called [LOGIN_SERVER]. If there isn't one, add it yourself.
[LOGIN_SERVER]
IP={Your IP address here*}
PORT=8000
*This part might not be required, as mine is currently set to the old Russian server's "188.134.3.7"

Next, go to the bottom and add a section that looks like this:
[MY_SERVER]
servInLauncher=1
myExternalIP={Your external IP address here}
leaveDuel=1

Once this is done, go to your "DOA Online/FINAL" folder. Look for the "OfflineServer" application and run it. (I forget if this is included with the game by default. If you don't have it, you can get it here.)

When it's running, hit the "Start Client" button. The game will start up, and it should let you log in to your own private server.

EDIT: Can confirm that the below method WAZAAAAA has posted also works.

Last edited:

WAZAAAAA

had some instructions floating around
Code:
playing DOAO offline alone:
1. open client.ini and change the IP to IP=127.0.0.1
2. make sure client2.exe exists (clone it and rename it from client3.exe)
3. run newServer.exe
4. run qLoaderB4.exe

Derock

Hey, I decided to download this game again after how many years (last time I download this game was with my XP computer). Now I followed the instructions WAZAAAAA provided, but I'm stuck on Now Loading screen for more than 5 minutes. How long does this last?

Derock

I finally got it. I didn't download Visual C++ Distribution 2008 in my PC and I had to make sure the client is running.

EDIT: is it possible to turn V-Sync on? I'm seeing the lines when I'm moving around.

WAZAAAAA

EDIT: is it possible to turn V-Sync on? I'm seeing the lines when I'm moving around.
VSync? What is this advanced technology that you speak of? Consider yourself lucky if you get to choose a video resolution, if the game doesn't crash every time you Alt+Tab, or if your analog stick isn't spazzing uncontrollably. Real talk though you can try enabling "Launch in fullscreen mode" from doaoLauncher.exe + force the VSync from your graphic card settings and see if that helps.

Hey @WAZAAAAA I can't log on to the game. Are the servers down?
They have been down since the end of May 2019, don't remind me ( ・᷄ ︵・᷅ )
If anyone reading this message knows how to actually host an online server with other people actually able to join, please speak up...

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
They have been down since the end of May 2019, don't remind me ( ・᷄ ︵・᷅ )
If anyone reading this message knows how to actually host an online server with other people actually able to join, please speak up...
Okay. I tried to set up an offline server with the "client.ini", but it won't allow me to save my changes. It's saying that I don't have permission.

MC625

Is there any online public server to play on? or only private servers?

you can force it from your vga's control center program on windows.

Derock

Copy "Client.ini" to the desktop and once you have made your configuration, you must save and replace it.

Or right click on the file and "run it as an administrator". That way you can change and save settings.

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
Okay, so I finished doing that. Now I tried to open "newServer.exe" as an administrator, but I received an error message: "The application has failed to start because the application has failed to start side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail."

Derock

Okay, so I finished doing that. Now I tried to open "newServer.exe" as an administrator, but I received an error message: "The application has failed to start because the application has failed to start side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail."

Download Microsoft Visual C++ Redistribution 2005 and 2008 versions.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor

Set the newServer.exe to Compatability of Windows 7.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD