Characters How you do the while standing up k quickly

Low-pitched_Ala

This is leon's mid k launcher, it is called roundhouse kick. So How you do it quickly? and how about the(3)p(raging smash),does it same as eliot's choyro, input like 663p?

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Wait...... can that be buffered ?

Edit: I mean the While Rising :K:

No, you can't buffer the WRK. You can only buffer a WR K by pressing K after an attack that puts you in crouch state at the end of the move (like :2::P: or :1::P:)

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
This is leon's mid k launcher, it is called roundhouse kick. So How you do it quickly? and how about the(3)p(raging smash),does it same as eliot's choyro, input like 663p?
The kick is actually a mid lancher and no you can't use that punch the same way as Eliot's. The punch is best used after a critical burst if you're against a wall.

Lulu

No, you can't buffer the WRK. You can only buffer a WR K by pressing K after an attack that puts you in crouch state at the end of the move (like :2::P: or :1::P:)

Something :hayabusa: is really good at. Thank god for that :9::K: and :3::P+K::5::P+K:. :)

Atleast the the While Crouching moves have short cuts....... that reminds me.... Jacky's :2::3_::P: doesn't seem to follow the same logic as Eliot's Choryo.

Lulu

I think Mr. Wah is really onto something.... usually I wait for my charactet to recover before I press and release :3: to perform my while rising moves.

But since you can buffer the Crouch Dash.... that means I can take one step off of the while rising moves.

Hmmmm.... its worth trying.

KING JAIMY

I think Mr. Wah is really onto something.... usually I wait for my charactet to recover before I press and release :3: to perform my while rising moves.

But since you can buffer the Crouch Dash.... that means I can take one step off of the while rising moves.

Hmmmm.... its worth trying.
That's how I do a lot of while rising moves. For example, I input Hayabusa's WR :4::K::K: and WR :4::K::P: as :3::3::4::K::K: and :3::3::4::K::P:.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
Corrections regarding my last comment but autocorrect is trying to be a smart ass. WR K is a high not a mid.
You even had me confused.

You can kinda buffer WRK in combos but it really is just Leon ducking for a frame so you never actually visibly see the ducking animation. Tap :3: and hit :K: once the crouch dash animation finishes (don't hold :3:), :3::3::5::K: (one I use with Ein), or :2::h::5::K: (I use this one on a Critical Burst). The buffer I found is from holding :2: after any strike, releasing it and hitting :K:.

As for the :3_::P: you have to be in a crouching state to use it. It's not actually a While Rising strike. I hold :3: and wait until Leon is visibly crouching before I hit :P:. If you press :P: too soon you just get his :3::P:.
@UncleKitchener has it right about using it after CB against the wall. Use against everybody but Super Heavy weights, :3::P: is best against them as a wall launcher.

Lulu

You even had me confused.

You can kinda buffer WRK in combos but it really is just Leon ducking for a frame so you never actually visibly see the ducking animation. Tap :3: and hit :K: once the crouch dash animation finishes (don't hold :3:), :3::3::5::K: (one I use with Ein), or :2::h::5::K: (I use this one on a Critical Burst). The buffer I found is from holding :2: after any strike, releasing it and hitting :K:.

Sorry I know you don't like being qouted..... but I figured it would be better to ask for forgiveness than permission..... hopefully.

Anyway yeah I noticed the game seem to respond better to quickly tapping :3: (with proper timing ofcourse) instead of holding then releasing :3_: for WR moves.

I Always assumed that maybe I just wasn't releasing :3_: fast enough when It wasn't working for me. It made me feel like wasn't good enough. :(

But now I know better.....

BTW I suck at buffering Crouch Dashes during Recovery..... I can buffer a regular dash just fine but for crouch Dashing :3::3: isn't working for me...... sometimes :3::3::3: works, I used this to clear Sarah's Bounding Combo Challenge (the one where you flop the opponent head over heels). And sometime I use :3::3_:.... this one hasn't been much help.

That day DOA input detection is hard to figure out.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
I'm cool with quoting, just not when the quoted post is above a response post and it happens more than necessary or the response post is pretty obvious as to who it is (and that quoting/tiers list thing was to get people to shut up about that unnecessary Ayane argument). Quoting as a means of communications as above is okay in the way you used it because such a long period of time had passed. You're good.

Tapping :3: (current version) was changed in one of the patches for Ultimate or maybe a late patch for vanilla (can't remember but it was very noticeable). Before you had to crouch dash with :3::3: but diagonal inputs were changed and now you only have to press :3: or :1: once to go into a 1 frame crouch dash. I have issues with that offline when I'm coming straight from online play because I'll try to use a :3::K: with Leon and I'll end up doing his WRK because I didn't hold :3: long enough.

Last edited:

Lulu

I should really go check those patch details.... they snuck in so many changes right under my nose.

LoL.... yesterday I just found out my favourite Tina Juggle no longer works. And I think its been like that for quite a while now.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD