I Am The Shadow... The True Self... [General Discussion]

Jaguar360

Some stuff I've noticed gameplay-wise:
  • Is that 1PP a low punch to a launcher? If so, awesome!
  • 4P looks like a really good stun and relauncher even though it is really slow at 22 frames.
  • She seems to have the same throws as Kasumi, which is all right because Kasumi has nice throws, but I'd like to see some new ones. Alpha-152 already shares a few.
  • She seems to have a few moves similar to some of the other ninja characters like Alpha's rapid kicks, Ryu's 4P, Ryu's 4K from DOA4 and Ryu's Ongoyin 8P. It could be all coincidence though.
  • She has a Critical Burst from her Hopishno stance counterpart.
  • Her air grab comes from her Hopishno stance counterpart. I wonder what it looks like when used on the ground. Will it be the same as Kasumi's Oboro?
  • Kasumi players shouldn't have too much of a problem executing her teleport transitions since they seem to be done similarly. I am still trying to learn how to master them on Kasumi however, so there will probably be a learning curve for me and others who are new or new-ish to Kasumi.
  • HYPE!

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
That air throw range is absolutely ridiculous.

Edit: And an Advanced Hold that puts Ein's 33T to shame.
She has a couple Hayate moves as well, the one I noticed was his 33KK but it's mixed with that teleport.

Last edited:

Brute

Standard Donor
Wanted Flower Garland for Ryu. Would've been okay with Ayane.

Goes to another clone of Kasumi instead.

0431_1451.gif

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
I like this trend of how instead of just giving damage, expert holds sets up a free combo. Gonna be hella fun baiting high punches.

Hmm this is going to be fun I saw the video and blown away had to watch it again I dont know but I'm very intrested in her I see a lot mix up choices should be fun

Jaguar360

Looking at her movelist again, Phase 4 is CRAZY unsafe. Each and every one of her strikes are negative on block. The one guard break that she has is -7. Thankfully, she is one of the fastest characters in the game and has solid throws. Speaking of throws, it appears that her stance throw is like Kasumi's 8T but does 58 damage flat if I'm reading correctly (These 天風中に symbols appear to be the sign for her stance transition). Her air grab seems to do 35 damage (last throw on the pdf). Interesting.

synce

I think it's about time DOA got a character that might actually require some execution skill. Maybe TN was inspired by some of the VF cameos. Won't be buying her but I would pick up a PS4 port of Arcade

Brute

Standard Donor
What boring outro lines/poses. Her one intro is kinda cool. Other is meh.

Too much Kasumi. Not enough novelty.

Reactions: nge

Nameless Sama

What boring outro lines/poses. Her one intro is kinda cool. Other is meh.

Too much Kasumi. Not enough novelty.

I want to see more Izunas........ ah brute how is going on with your Izuna Drop Madness ?
Unfortunatly 9 Shoho Izunas and 1 cliff :/ but no rekko or senko izunas :L

Brute

Standard Donor
I want to see more Izunas........ ah brute how is going on with your Izuna Drop Madness ?
Unfortunatly 9 Shoho Izunas and 1 cliff :/ but no rekko or senko izunas :L
I'm actually glad Phase 4 doesn't have any Izunas. Leave all the glory to the grandmaster, Hayabusa.

This isn't really the thread for this, but I haven't been playing much DOA lately. I have gotten way better with Izuna holds though, so if I really dedicated myself, I'm pretty sure I can accomplish my goal.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD