I give you all a mission.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Find a use for WR :K:.

This move, outside of power launcher relaunch, seems to have no practical use I can easily discern. I am looking for ideas of course. Show me what you got, people.

CtrlAltThe1337

It comes out naturally after the side roll, maybe it can be a viable alternative option to leg scissors. In theory, the best thing to do when they see the side roll and anticipate the leg scissors is to do a low throw, which makes it perfect for a knee to their face, followed with some 3K rolling thunder.

Cylith

Well I've found that if it hits, whether you bait or some kind of mix-up with a stun, that you can go straight into a :8::P::P: it will connect and launch the opponent a distance from you to give room.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
It does more damage than 236P, and can be used in a juggle instead of 33P.

Indeed it is true you get 2 extra points at the front of the launch, but the lower launch height means less damage on the back end of it.

Actually the attack has re-launch properties but I've yet to see any instance where it really serves this purpose other than on the power launcher. I was hoping there would be a more intricate use in juggles for it, but....

Souichiro

It comes out naturally after the side roll, maybe it can be a viable alternative option to leg scissors. In theory, the best thing to do when they see the side roll and anticipate the leg scissors is to do a low throw, which makes it perfect for a knee to their face, followed with some 3K rolling thunder.

The roll itself can be low throwed and experienced players will counter it on the spot instead of waiting for the scissors.

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
I liked your idea. Don't let Souichiro rain on your parade.

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
I was hoping there would be a more intricate use in juggles for it, but....
Juggling and Bayman never really go together in the same sentence. I haven't looked into his frame data enough to make any comments. I'll be through Akira within the next week and I'll try to dig into Bayman next. I'm a HUGE fan of the move :6::P+K:. As an Akira main, this move makes me feel right at home. + with hit and GB. mmm mmm good.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
It's a good move, but we don't have Akiras fast mid pressure to make an opponent respect us enough to abuse it.

You have to be a lot more methodical in your approach.

Souichiro

Back from work i found out my PS3 died and ive been itching to test this out. Can someone verify if this works?
: WR:K::3::K::3::P+K::5::F:

KidArk

Back from work i found out my PS3 died and ive been itching to test this out. Can someone verify if this works?
: WR:K::3::K::3::P+K::5::F:

September 22nd and I never saw this... Yeah , that works, that's what I do after WR K , usually i do any tank roll into WR K since it buffers the crouch. Also can anyone look at the post for that force tech esque thing i found with Bayman , i posted it in his Q & A thread because i wanna know if anyone see's it as something viable.

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
From what I've found, WR:K: only seems to consistently work on side or forward tank roll as another launch option. If I'm doing a side tank roll for evasive purposes, opponents might look for it and attempt to grab low after doing a string cancel. Unless it is a catch grab, they can't get you once you initiate WR:K:.

In other news, I find that you can initiate one hell of a vortex if you end your juggles with :P::P::K: or :6::P::P::K:. You can follow it up with a forward tank roll (:3::P+K:) and begin your mix up. Launch em again and finish your juggle with :P::P::K: or :6::P::P::K: and rinse and repeat. If they side step on recovery you can perform the grab or WR:K:.

I'll log some matches and show you guys what I mean.

KidArk

:K::K:

In other news, I find that you can initiate one hell of a vortex if you end your juggles with :P::P::K: or :6::P::P::K:. You can follow it up with a forward tank roll (:3::P+K:) and begin your mix up. Launch em again and finish your juggle with :P::P::K: or :6::P::P::K: and rinse and repeat. If they side step on recovery you can perform the grab or WR:K:. .
Yeah I've been using that juggle too for mostly out of necessity since the timing for 3k after each launch is different and the damage loss started frustrating me. You can even just use 3k to FT , since they always want to tech afterwards they walk right into a D.D.T which I let them break so I can get a CT hit pk 8pp/236p 3k 2tt or a 66k which i like to combo p6p H+K 9 4p6k 3k 2T T.
Again I may have mentioned this before but my favorite throw for Bayman is 44T, on CT, it leads to 3pkk 4p6k 3k 2T T. Just 2T in the corner is he'll because you're +3, you can do a set up and if they have their back to the wall it's a 50/50 between a wall throw or a forward tank roll force tech. Bayman is soo good now x_x.

Last edited:
You can even just use 3k to FT , since they always want to tech afterwards they walk right into a D.D.T which I let them break so I can get a CT hit pk 8pp/236p 3k 2tt or a 66k which i like to combo p6p H+K 9 4p6k 3k 2T T.
It's more like a frame trap, :3::K: is not a FT since DOA5 vanilla lol. It's untechable indeed !

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD