System I have a challenge, should you choose to accept it

Kohlrak

It is simple, or not: Beat Bayman's command training on Dead or Alive 5: Ultimate.

I'm going to see if there are others like this, but so far, i've only found this one (and i'm doing them from left to right then down).

RoboJoe

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Also, lots of people have beat Bayman's command training. Don't see why that interests you, unless you have a specific question about it.

Kohlrak

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Also, lots of people have beat Bayman's command training. Don't see why that interests you, unless you have a specific question about it.

Maybe in original 5, but 5 ultimate?

EDIT: I see that spoiler tags don't work here.

Brute

Standard Donor
Yeah, it's not very hard at all. Even his combo challenge is on the easier side.

I'm not sure why this is supposed to be a challenge.

Arguably my favorite meme of all time.

Kohlrak

You'll find Gen Fu's slightly harder. =p

Just go and try them, and you'll see what i mean.

EDIT: I can tell by the responses that no one is taking my challenge seriously. You should all try it now that DoA is so new and improved by the 1.05 patch. If i said why i posted this thread, i'd ruin all the fun.

EDIT2: Hey, let's make it a race. See who can get the fastest times on those two.

Last edited:

RoboJoe

I posted this in the conversation, but you should still be able to do the command training. I've always used 7k even in vanilla, didn't even realize 44p turned him around until you mentioned it. This issue has always been there, you just have to get creative.

Kohlrak

44P's listed as 44PP and not marked as BT (since it's not meant to wiff). I'm kinda surprised he isn't turned around and/or that TN didn't find something a little more obvious. How are you even supposed to know he'll end up BT that way unless you happen to miss (which is unlikely) or already know him? I actually googled this one for a while and saw alot of people asking, but no answers. A fool of myself i made, but alas, thank you for pointing it out. Now i'm hung on Ryu's, but that's due to tight finger timing. How do people pull that off so often?

RoboJoe

44P's listed as 44PP and not marked as BT (since it's not meant to wiff). I'm kinda surprised he isn't turned around and/or that TN didn't find something a little more obvious. How are you even supposed to know he'll end up BT that way unless you happen to miss (which is unlikely) or already know him? I actually googled this one for a while and saw alot of people asking, but no answers. A fool of myself i made, but alas, thank you for pointing it out. Now i'm hung on Ryu's, but that's due to tight finger timing. How do people pull that off so often?

The reason that 44pp is listed that way is because it's a string. If they made a separate entry for every part in a string, the command lists would be MASSIVE. It would scare away people. Other games do this, but since doa is so string based, it can't.

Kohlrak

The reason that 44pp is listed that way is because it's a string. If they made a separate entry for every part in a string, the command lists would be MASSIVE. It would scare away people. Other games do this, but since doa is so string based, it can't.

That's understandable. But this seems to be the trend in the game learning materials: you're going to quickly get lost and not know what to do unless you already happen to know a character well enough to know what to do. You pick 100 people who've never played DoA before, 99 of them wouldn't be able to figure it out. The 1 that does is the one who gets really wild trying everything under the sun until he wiffs that punch. Even if there was a move marked [SP] it's still not obvious enough to most people what [SP] even means since i don't think they bother to teach that.

Brute

Standard Donor
Anything involving the 360 throw. Do i really need to start at 4 and stop at 4 and worry about my direction, or is TN just being intimidating?
They're just being silly. You can start from any direction and you can actually go either clockwise or counter-clockwise, regardless what side you were on when you initiated the throw. For example, on the Izunas, after doing the first part, I always do 23698T 74123698T, regardless which Izuna I'm doing. Similar principle for the Shoho Izuna. After inputting both punches, I do 69874123T, regardless which side I'm on when I initiate it.

Same rules apply for Ongyoin throw, though I do believe the second part has to be 41236T instead of 23698T. Otherwise, it's similar motions and timing to the Senko Izuna (high punch hold variant).

Kohlrak

They're just being silly. You can start from any direction and you can actually go either clockwise or counter-clockwise, regardless what side you were on when you initiated the throw. For example, on the Izunas, after doing the first part, I always do 23698T 74123698T, regardless which Izuna I'm doing. Similar principle for the Shoho Izuna. After inputting both punches, I do 69874123T, regardless which side I'm on when I initiate it.

Same rules apply for Ongyoin throw, though I do believe the second part has to be 41236T instead of 23698T. Otherwise, it's similar motions and timing to the Senko Izuna (high punch hold variant).

Is it alright to overshoot or not?

RoboJoe

In other games (including previous doas IIRC); when you get to a move that requires you to be back turned, the game automatically turns you around. I don't know why they didn't implement it in doa5.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD