I need Eliot help

Gr3ix

I can't find anything in this thread or up to date per say. I kinda want to pick Eliot up is there anyone that uses him seriously??

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
Learn how to use :4::6::P: in strings and learn how to do :3_::P: consistently and you're set. Eliot is a subpar character and is best used defensively, so you have to plan your assaults accordingly.

David Gregg

I don't know where you're at with the character we need more details. Do you have a pretty good grasp on his moveset (and you're positive none of the Eliot threads have helped you? I know I've posted some combos over in the combo thread).

David Gregg

Well, he mains Kokoro, so we know he likes characters with easy to pick up, hard to master move sets.

True but Eliot has moves and combos that are more difficult to execute compared to Kokoro.

@Gr3ix if you haven't already, run through Eliot's command list and do all of his combo challenges. If you are able to do that it's a good start. If you have any problems (especially his instant 3P and 46P) let us know but there are other Eliot threads that can help with that as well.

Gr3ix

That instant 3p and 46p are def the problem my 46 command is so off it's ridiculous its about as bad as my double 426/624 on street fighter >_< idk if i can make my thumbs flawlessly execute any of it. I finished his moves list not so much his combo challenge.

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
If you're trying to using the stick instead of the dpad, that's probably why. If you're already using dpad, I don't know what to tell you. Just practise. A lot.

The problem with 46P in strings isn't the actual 46 motion. It's the timing. It can't be mashed. You have to actually time it with the punch before it's suppose to come out. Once you have the timing down, it should be free. And it's not that big of a deal, honestly. It's just a tiny damage improvement.

As for instant FC 3P, you can do 663P or 623P during the animation of the move before it. So do a launcher, and then see about doing those FC 3Ps. A simple combo is CH 8K FC3P FC3P 3PPP~46P. Remember to buffer the 663 or 623 motions during the last move so your FC3P comes out as fast as possible.

iThe Apprentice

I can't find anything in this thread or up to date per say. I kinda want to pick Eliot up is there anyone that uses him seriously??
Seriously?! Are you sure none of these threads have helped you with picking him up?
I made a Eliot guide quite a while ago.
-http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/eliot-apprentice-of-the-iron-fist-guide-i-challenge-you.3899/
I also made an Eliot combo video going over basic and advanced combos... (It's a little outdated)
-http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/eliot-apprentice-of-the-iron-fist-combos.3635/
EMPEROR_COW Also made an Eliot combo video with combos that can't be stagger escaped.
-http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/doa5u-ver-1-03-eliot-combo-video.3937/
Are you absolutely sure that you haven't seen any of these threads? Have you taken a look at them? You should.
:eliot:

David Gregg

Also it would really help if you could explain how you use him when fighting (since you're asking I'm assuming there are aspects you want to improve on). Being able to quickly execute i3P and 46P can sort of help, but your strategy is the most important aspect.

But yeah you really need to check out all 3 of @iThe Apprentice links as they are all extremely helpful.

Gr3ix

Well I took a look through them, but I noticed none of them were up to date so I thought maybe Eliot isn't being used so I needed some updated insight. I just started using him maybe a week ago so I'm extremely basic. All of my links are broken with him and it's pretty hard to utilize anything I've practiced in an actual match.

iThe Apprentice

:eliot:Its
Well I took a look through them, but I noticed none of them were up to date so I thought maybe Eliot isn't being used so I needed some updated insight. I just started using him maybe a week ago so I'm extremely basic. All of my links are broken with him and it's pretty hard to utilize anything I've practiced in an actual match.
It's been a while since I made that guide for him. Nothing really changed for him in the update except a few frame changes and a new bound stun. It's Still quite updated if you ask me.

In other words... They're up to date justvtake some time to read the posts.

Gr3ix

I've been looking through the threads again I think I am improving. I can actually manuever more ._. I need to get my timing fixed but if I keep at it I think I'll be set! Thanks a lot for the help and tips!

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
Hey, I'm planning on learning this character for real. Anyone good Eliots wanna do some netplay with me and gimme some tips? I don't have an Eliot in my locals so I really have no idea how he's suppose to work.

iThe Apprentice

Hey, I'm planning on learning this character for real. Anyone good Eliots wanna do some (netplay) with me and gimme some tips? I don't have an Eliot in my locals so I really have no idea how he's suppose to work.
1st I come from the 20th century... I don't know what netplay is lol.
2nd Yeah sure I'd be able to help as much as possible.

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
Neetpray~

Alright, I'll add your Gamertag tomorrow and we can play a few matches sometime. I just don't get how he's suppose to function when he's so slow and does fairly unimpressive damage. Parries and 214T only go so far and his crushes aren't even that good. Unless he's suppose to be played as a whiff punish type character...

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD