I'm honestly getting tired of dealing with people's opinions on DOA

TRI Mike

This post is mostly unrelated to DOA6 itself but I really wanna share my thoughts on this. I'm seriously getting sick of reading people's hostile and ignorant thoughts on this franchise. I know DOA has always had a "delicate" reputation of being a titty fighter, which is completely undeserved in my opinion but with DOA6, it seems to me like it has turned for the worst.

Ever since DOAX3 came out and it's retarded localization controversy happened, I've felt like the people who like that game claimed entire ownership of the DOA fanbase. They mistakenly believe the entire franchise exists for them and them only. They think the sole purpose of the existence of the series is for people like them to masturbate to 2D tits. For them, the fighting is like the volleyball, a side minigame. That infuriates me to no end.

I wanna make something very clear. I also appreciate DOA's fanservice and I think it's one of the things that gives the franchise an identity. Just like Mortal Kombat's gore. it has to stay and removing it would definitely be a mistake. Of all the characters, my favorite right now is Honoka and I admit that one of the reasons I like her is because I think she's super pretty. But that is not the only reason why I play her. I just find her gameplay fascinating and mixing so many iconic DOA moves in a single fighter is something I truly enjoy. Still, this "Xtreme" crowd makes me believe that I'm alone in this. It's impossible to discuss Honoka's (and Marie's) gameplay, combos and strategy anywhere outside this website without them inevitably turning the conversation to her costumes and huge breasts.

In the lasts months following DOA6's launch, I've tried to join several DOA communities in social media like Reddit, Discord or Facebook and every time I read comments, it just makes me furious. In the time leading up to DOA5 I remember having excellent conversations about gameplay and the mechanics with fans here and in several other sites. There was a ton of talk about costumes and fanservice of course and I participated in those as well but with DOA6 it seems to be the only thing people talk about. That and the supposed "censorship". Nobody outside FSD cares about the new break blow and hold, nobody cares about the ground game, guaranteed damage or the wall splats that worried us so much two weeks ago. It's all otakus and neets complaining about not seeing bikinis, breasts being smaller and Diego not being a 14-year-old japanese idol. It's stupid.

Now that I'm an adult, I've come to terms with the fact that this franchise will never be famous. During the DOA2-5 years I tried very hard to make an offline scene in the country I used to live in. I tried to sell the game to the people who played Street Fighter, Tekken or Soul Calibur. I know that is very difficult and I've just given up. I wanna play DOA6 with the few people who care about it here and in the online matchmaking but it seems the Xtreme crowd has made it their mission to deny us even that.

werewolfgold

Can't be helped, really. Fuckboys are gonna fuckboy. TN is reaping what it sowed in several ways unfortunately.

But, you have to remember that certain corners of internet "enthusiasts" aren't really the majority. They certainly are pretty damn loud. But, a decent number of naysayers are still gonna buy the game anyway. Cause that's how it always works. And then the majority of people who might buy the game may not have even heard of any sort of controversy regarding DOA6 at all. Once the game comes out, there will be an influx of noobs that will dilute the fuckboys decently. There will be a window to show off the less...shadier aspects of the game to the public and that should do something.

Before we inevitably descend into DLC hell again. lol

Raansu

I mean, you'll run into this with any game. You have your dedicated sites that care about game play, and you have the rest of the community that you wonder how they even survive their day to day lives being mouth breathers.

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
Before we inevitably descend into DLC hell again. lol

The harshness... The truth of it... I've been assaulted....

Dw4K-1BWsAE4C2p.jpg

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Ever since DOAX3 came out and it's retarded localization controversy happened, I've felt like the people who like that game claimed entire ownership of the DOA fanbase. They mistakenly believe the entire franchise exists for them and them only. They think the sole purpose of the existence of the series is for people like them to masturbate to 2D tits. For them, the fighting is like the volleyball, a side minigame. That infuriates me to no end.
For the record, these are NOT real DOAX fans. Irrational neckbeards, to be certain, but DOAX fans? And claiming to "own" the franchise, no less?

I know plenty who are far more civilized than that (especially here), and these cats you speak of? They ain't it.

I wanna make something very clear. I also appreciate DOA's fanservice and I think it's one of the things that gives the franchise an identity. Just like Mortal Kombat's gore. it has to stay and removing it would definitely be a mistake. Of all the characters, my favorite right now is Honoka and I admit that one of the reasons I like her is because I think she's super pretty. But that is not the only reason why I play her. I just find her gameplay fascinating and mixing so many iconic DOA moves in a single fighter is something I truly enjoy.
I can relate with Christie. Except she kinda reminds me of my high school senior babysitter I was attracted to (and looked up to) when I was little. I was also fresh off of liking Lion Rafale's playstyle in the VF series, so it was a smooth transition from there.
Still, this "Xtreme" crowd makes me believe that I'm alone in this. It's impossible to discuss Honoka's (and Marie's) gameplay, combos and strategy anywhere outside this website without them inevitably turning the conversation to her costumes and huge breasts.
It can't be helped with the casual crowd... especially when Honoka looks so similar to a character of the same name in an extremely popular pop idol anime like Love Live.

In the lasts months following DOA6's launch, I've tried to join several DOA communities in social media like Reddit, Discord or Facebook and every time I read comments, it just makes me furious. In the time leading up to DOA5 I remember having excellent conversations about gameplay and the mechanics with fans here and in several other sites. There was a ton of talk about costumes and fanservice of course and I participated in those as well but with DOA6 it seems to be the only thing people talk about. That and the supposed "censorship". Nobody outside FSD cares about the new break blow and hold, nobody cares about the ground game, guaranteed damage or the wall splats that worried us so much two weeks ago. It's all otakus and neets complaining about not seeing bikinis, breasts being smaller and Diego not being a 14-year-old japanese idol. It's stupid.
To be fair, TN should've never talked about toning down the sex appeal to begin with in their press interviews. That's what ultimately opened the floodgates and sent the casual crowd into a frenzy... if they had just let the game speak for itself, I'm quite certain both sides of the fanbase wouldn't have suffered proverbial (and literal) headaches.

Now that I'm an adult, I've come to terms with the fact that this franchise will never be famous. During the DOA2-5 years I tried very hard to make an offline scene in the country I used to live in. I tried to sell the game to the people who played Street Fighter, Tekken or Soul Calibur. I know that is very difficult and I've just given up. I wanna play DOA6 with the few people who care about it here and in the online matchmaking but it seems the Xtreme crowd has made it their mission to deny us even that.
I'll say it again... they don't "own" the franchise. They're not even real DOAX fans for that matter. They're confused, entitled zealots that belong in a nut house, and contrary to what they believe, they can't deny you your desire to support the fighting games unless you let them.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I understand the frustration but I think at this point it's time to just stop worrying and getting stressed over it, no matter what TN does the general fanservice fighter rep is gonna be the main focus on it, plus as long as Xtreme and Venus Vacation exist people will just use that as an excuse to knock it while excusing other games for similar stuff

Shining_Wave

I've been a fan since DOA3 and Ninja Gaiden, but I've never taken it that seriously. I enjoy what I like and forget the rest.
523552_10152136299465393_1487968607_n1.jpg

But I admit I have been entertained by the furious arguments about K-pop idols, bewbs and basically what amounts to outfits for these 'dolls'.

Macca Beam

Three reasons for people's hostility toward the franchise
- TN shot itself in the foot by releasing a spinoff volleyball game BEFORE the gameplay got sorted out, this is an easy platform for people to jump to the "ah, this is what it was about all along" conclusion.

- Both the producers and players are in a race to make the news headlines instead of just quietly carrying on (every PR by both Hayashi and Shimbori, drawing attention to yourselves with the costume ban shit, etc.) The aspects of the game (which are present in 99% of media in the world, mind you) appear shady only because people goddamn make it so.

- It's convenient to have a "that kid" series to divert negative attention away from your own. You know this mindset exists when "at least DOA was worse!" was tossed around occasionally.

Objectively speaking, SC, Tekken and the majority of 2D games are far bigger cesspools of degeneracy than DOA ever was. Where's the feet/brap/sniff bait in DOA? Where's the trap? Where's the "you would put your dick in crazy" character? Where's the BDSM thot? Where's the thicc gorilla with impossible proportions? Nah, you aren't even remotely there yet kiddo.

I've felt like the people who like that game claimed entire ownership of
This, but for 5 instead of X3. It seems that game invited an unholy number of "a girl either has DD cowtits or is flat" mouthbreathers on board and it's always a telling sign when someone who hasn't played a game before 5 runs their mouth, which is all of them.

The biggest red flag by far is the shitstorm regarding the recent "we've toned down clothing damage" interview. This was a minor mechanic introduced with only a handful of DOA5 DLCs (that ended up looking so bad literally nobody gave a single fuck about), now it's a big deal all of a sudden? Where were you in 95% of the series' lifespan where there weren't trashy aesthetics like dirt, gloss and exploding clothes?

It's impossible to discuss any character's gameplay in most places outside of a dedicated forum for it, period. I've tried. People will either drown out your attempts with gushing over how X is my wife and she's very gorgeous and sexy and I love her so much!, stale repost #53125080 of a screenshot/deviantart render, or roleplaying as said character and teasing others in the same generic seductress voice; and with the new characters you have that in addition to a stream of buttblasted opposing waifufags and virtue signalers that are often ironically just the same people as the first group. It's a shipwreck to say the least.

N1ce Dreams

I love it when people give a bad opinion on DoA, it shows that they feel threatened by it. Instead of playing their so called better games, there out there trying to diss DoA. I laugh at this and will continue to laugh. I've been a fan of DoA since the first game and it will always be my favourite fighting game. I've had zero interest in any other fighting games for more than 10+ years.

Last edited:

Dr PaC

- TN shot itself in the foot by releasing a spinoff volleyball game BEFORE the gameplay got sorted out, this is an easy platform for people to jump to the "ah, this is what it was about all along" conclusion.

- Both the producers and players are in a race to make the news headlines instead of just quietly carrying on (every PR by both Hayashi and Shimbori, drawing attention to yourselves with the costume ban shit, etc.) The aspects of the game (which are present in 99% of media in the world, mind you) appear shady only because people goddamn make it so.

- It's convenient to have a "that kid" series to divert negative attention away from your own. You know this mindset exists when "at least DOA was worse!" was tossed around occasionally.

Objectively speaking, SC, Tekken and the majority of 2D games are far bigger cesspools of degeneracy than DOA ever was. Where's the feet/brap/sniff bait in DOA? Where's the trap? Where's the "you would put your dick in crazy" character? Where's the BDSM thot? Where's the thicc gorilla with impossible proportions? Nah, you aren't even remotely there yet kiddo.

This, but for 5 instead of X3. It seems that game invited an unholy number of "a girl either has DD cowtits or is flat" mouthbreathers on board and it's always a telling sign when someone who hasn't played a game before 5 runs their mouth, which is all of them.

The biggest red flag by far is the shitstorm regarding the recent "we've toned down clothing damage" interview. This was a minor mechanic introduced with only a handful of DOA5 DLCs (that ended up looking so bad literally nobody gave a single fuck about), now it's a big deal all of a sudden? Where were you in 95% of the series' lifespan where there weren't trashy aesthetics like dirt, gloss and exploding clothes?

It's impossible to discuss any character's gameplay in most places outside of a dedicated forum for it, period. I've tried. People will either drown out your attempts with gushing over how X is my wife and she's very gorgeous and sexy and I love her so much!,hat stale repost #53125080 of a screenshot/deviantart render, or roleplaying as said character and teasing others in the same generic seductress voice; and with the new characters you have that in addition to a stream of buttblasted opposing waifufags and virtue signalers that are often ironically just the same people as the first group. It's a shipwreck to say the least.
I've seen you throw your share of criticism towards DOA, but at least you're fair and speak facts for the most. These people Ive seen comment on stream are literally saying the most ignorant s**t Ive ever seen and look like they stream hop just to hate on the game. Thats the part that pisses me off the most. That, and when they conveniently forget about the things their game does terribly.

Awesmic

Standard Donor

It's impossible to discuss any character's gameplay in most places outside of a dedicated forum for it, period. I've tried. People will either drown out your attempts with gushing over how X is my wife and she's very gorgeous and sexy and I love her so much!, stale repost #53125080 of a screenshot/deviantart render, or roleplaying as said character and teasing others in the same generic seductress voice; and with the new characters you have that in addition to a stream of buttblasted opposing waifufags and virtue signalers that are often ironically just the same people as the first group. It's a shipwreck to say the least.
This is a surprisingly tactful post compared to what I'm used to seeing. Not only that, but you hit the nail on several heads.

SaihateDYNAMO

Honestly... DOA5 is the core of the problem with all of the fetish DLC, plain and simple. TN screwed themselves over by parading the Soft Engine around every chance they could get before actually making an effort to try and win over potential buyers with the gameplay, which is what i thought mattered most in a fighting game. Its embarrassing for them as a company, plus it has affected their playerbase since most of the casual buyers who started playing these games from around 5U have a very different view about what the main focus of the series is in terms of how it handles it's sexual content compared to people who have been into the series for much longer. If all you know is having every girl wearing skimpy outfits that don't even match their personalities (like that one Helena halloween costume, ugh), then I wouldn't blame you for thinking that DOA is all about stuff like that. The problem comes when they treat it like it's a fact. The DOA fighting games(!) never had to purely rely on dental floss bikinis and private gravure videos in order to sell copies in the past so it goes right back to TN handling DOA5 poorly after the strong start they had with the Alpha Demo Era's reduction of sexual content.

Like whenever people are complaining about the darker, more serious tone that DOA6 is taking as well as ladies being covered up I feel like they need to be redirected to DOA3. Besides the Christie shower scene and Tina's hidden cowgirl bikini there was literally nothing sexual about that game at all, yet many consider that one to be one of the best when it comes to the overall presentation and stuff like that. Most of the other games never had ANYTHING near the level of the crazy stuff TN was creating for DOA5's DLC and now it's coming to bite them in the ass for DOA6.

But another problem is also that people are being hypocrites when it comes to DOA's handling of the sexy stuff. Years ago, and even now actually, people would hate on DOA and never try to play it because seeing fanservice made them feel "awkward" or something. Ok, that's fine, but now that DOA is toning down the fanservice in 2019 you guys are still hating and will still not play it because apparently other games aren't afraid to show sexy girls?? Make That Make Sense!??? If you're boycotting DOA's fanservice share that same energy towards the other games. I think DOA's whole sexualization shtick is overblown anyways. Before DOA5's DLC mess all the outfits we were getting was not any more risque than what, for example, Soul Calibur had. DOA just has to be the scapegoat to get all the blame for everything.

Also dunno if this relates to the topic but I can't be the only one who hates the DOA Titties = MK Blood argument?? Mortal Kombat's gameplay and overall vibe rely on the blood and gore with the fatalities and stuff like that. Mortal Kombat would feel weird without the excessive death because that's what MK is all about, to the point where it would affect how the game is played if you took all that stuff out. On the other hand, the T&A isn't the main draw of DOA when it comes to the gameplay (and arguably the entire franchise but that's my opinion). If Kasumi and friends got breast reduction surgery for DOA7 would anything about the core game be missing? Sure we wouldn't be getting jiggle physics or whatever but the game itself will still be the same. DOAX exists for all the purely sexual stuff anyways, or at least it used to. Now, we have people on Reddit, Youtube, and EventScrubs claiming that there is nothing special about DOA once you take the fanservice out of the equation... all while claiming to be fans of the games, which is a total joke because that means they've completely ignored the triangle system, the interactive stages, the costume selection, the decent storyline, the bomb ass music from the older games. Girl what ?? This series has so much to offer for it to stand on it's own compared to Tekken, SC, SF and others.

And yeah DOAX3 exists. That also ruined the series' reputation in the western world, especially with all those articles talking about censorship and the "suggestive and offensive" sexual content. Man DOA has got so much bad stuff against it, i'm mad it managed to get to this point.

btw Macca Beam's been spilling tea for a while now, you guys are late lol. yeah he's critical but he's made it obvious hes not a hater/troll. not everyone talking total sh!t about certain aspects of doa hates the whole thing

axbtvs7.gif

human013

It is best to just ignore it. People will use anything to shit on DOA. I started with DOA5 which basically competed with TTT2 so I've seen my fair share of why DOA was suppose to be bad. Nothing really changed.

Edit:
btw Macca Beam's been spilling tea for a while now, you guys are late lol. yeah he's critical but he's made it obvious hes not a hater/troll. not everyone talking total sh!t about certain aspects of doa hates the whole thing
That's why I like seeing his input on things. There's blindly hating DOA on one side and kissing DOA's ass on the other. Too much of either side is bad

Last edited:

RagnorRob

I don't get the auto-hate comments simply because the game is sexy but I suspect it's a vocal minority trying to make a point about sexualization while ignoring the primal violence being showcased in fighting games in the first place. My bet is that people are going to vote with their wallets and the DLC will be handled much the same as in DOA5. It's kind of common knowledge, and doesn't often get said because it doesn't really need to be said, that many people like having a little sex appeal thrown into their entertainment. I love the sexy women, many love the sexy guys, and I say throw a few sexier options for both in and let people pick those costumes they want to pick and not pick those they don't want. I love the primal violence, I love the intense competition of these games, I love the action-scene like destructive environment sequences, and I also love the fanservice. Frankly, I'm happy with my real life outside of the internet and I just roll my eyes and ignore people who shame others for liking sex appeal. The game-play is amazingly fun but so are a bunch of other games too. IMO, the sex appeal is intimately connected to this games identity and people are going to accept that or they aren't. If they can't either enjoy the sexuality or get over it then it's their loss.

So you know where I'm coming from... I started playing DOA with part 5, played a lot online and am the type who never sends out negative trash messages and just likes making friends. I never played any of the earlier DOA games before part 5 or any of the volleyball games or whatever. I bought DoA5 at it's initial launch and thoroughly loved the game play. That said, I also love the hot women and the skimpy outfits and I feel this game wouldn't be the same if it's toned down. I have no desire to play a dress up game or a volleyball game just for the sex appeal though because the fighting is also intimately connected as a huge part of my fun. I bought a fortune in DLC because the outfits were either cool and/or sexy and I'll do the same again with part 6 ... if they keep it cool while throwing in the occasional bikini pack or skimpy Halloween outfit I'll keep giving them money; if they don't then I might buy the occasional ninja outfit but I'm certainly not buying whole sets or season passes for a closet of conservative looking outfits.

Last edited:

Shining_Wave

This is a really interesting topic. I loved DOA3 when it was first shown to me because it had
1. Great looking, fluid fighting that looked cinematic
2. Beautiful girls (and guys) in CLOTHES (there is nothing wrong with cute girls) (or guys)
3. Really cool, bright, colorful exotic locations
4. A storyline that wasn't completely weird, stupid, evil, dark or violent

Tekken and VF didn't really do it for me, plus I thought Itagaki was a very interesting creator. Boob jiggle physics I took to be kind of a joke, I thought it was just a weird funny Easter egg kind of thing. But honestly I think it became too important, all the bikinis and pervy costumes should be taken out and they should focus on making it the best 3d fighting game ever, because it kind of used to be. (My opinion)

I don't dislike DLC costumes, give me a selection of sexy cool ninja armor or stealth suits, I'd buy them (and I have). I've never purchased a DLC bikini or skimpy outfit. I'd rather have kick ass fighting gear, because, you know, it's the FIGHTING GAME and not the BEACH SIMULATOR

Xhominid The Demon Within

Alright, I guess it's time for me to be critical in a number of areas myself:

1. One, honest to god, hand... I can't blame the newbies who came into DOA5, DOA5U or DOA5LR on this IF they started on these series. Team Ninja(and Tecmo Koei) has done a HORRIFIC job on marketing DOA5 towards DOA5U with constant DLC that headed towards the tantalizing end, nothing but constant fetish costumes that DOA has never had before nor needed to rely on so heavily, going the extra mile to neglect their male characters with barely any new costumes and going so far as to even add in gravures into the game.
It's hard as hell for me to ever defend that bullshit because that is clearly their fuckup, plan and fucking simple.

2. I also can't blame people who still believe(stupidly by the way) that the fanservice was ever going away because that was also Shimbori's fault for the sheerly bad PR that he did and should have never talked about it. Now, I WILL be fair to Shimbori since all of this started off a mistranslation by IGN and for some damn reason, people actually ran with it despite the numerous, NUMEROUS corrections Shimbori has stated since... which gets ruined when he then talks about it later on and people, again, decide to take it to the worst possible level every time. Now I can understand Shimbori not understanding the situation in America(aka EVERYTHING must have some Political leaning now, despite how much people hate it) but there's a limit into keep trying to do it.

Now... since I got the @werewolfgold and @Macca Beam out of my system, let's get into the meat and potatoes.

I... honestly have given up on even trying anymore to convince people... because there's no point. Despite all of the yelling, shambling and bitching, I've seen just as much positivity than negativity about DOA's direction with 6. And as @werewolfgold has stated, those disgruntled babies... will still by the game anyway, making their bitching absolutely pointless.
The hypocrisy is also possibly the most disgusting shit I've seen yet. I've seen plenty of people point out the excessive DLC and fanservice overload for the main reason they don't try out DOA5... which is okay, if not a bit ridiculous... except they then later on don't say SHIT when Street Fighter V goes the exact same route, if not almost the exact same route and try and say "atleast it's not a cavalcade of them" despite being more expensive by 2 dollars for non-collabs and even more if they are collab.

I've seen people UNIRONICALLY praise Soul Calibur VI... because it's going to stick with it's fanservice... despite plenty of fans having issues with how Soul Calibur has gotten fully ridiculous in that area and Soul Calibur V's best moves was toning it down. This even works with the guest character of SCVI of 2B in which the Nier Automata community HATES how 2B has recently became a sex symbol to the detriment of everything else about her.

It gets even worse because you have people not even seeing the ridiculousness of Street Fighter V releasing all of these sexy outfits... but because they want to get their Pro Tours on live T.V., they have to CENSOR THEIR GAME CONSISTENTLY OR STRAIGHT UP BAN THOSE COSTUMES(Remember R.Mika's ass slap before her Critical Art? The Nipple Bumps of Cammy and Chun's main outfit? Laura's ANYTHING ELSE and even R.Mika's main outfit? Or Juri's original SFV outfit? Or even the camera angles for Cammy's Intro and Chun-Li's Outro? I damn sure did) yet somehow, it's THIS, THIS that got people all over suddenly pretending that they give a shit? Get the fuck out of here you fake ass motherfuckers.

Atleast when people brought it up when Ed Boon tried that in MKX, it was actually over a bullshit excuse(Oh yeah, making Mortal Kombat MORE realistic... really?), there's not even a legit excuse people can bring up past "They did it in DOA5, so it should be in DOA6" despite DOA5 actually being the EXCEPTION to the rule as even DOA2U, the second game with a huge assload of costumes... was actually pretty plain in it's selection.

"But the Clothing Destruction was nerfed..." It was most likely NEVER was going to be in DOA6 as it was only meant for the Senran Kagura collab and a few extra costumes on top of that. It's obvious that they didn't want to go absolutely stupid with it and honestly, I have no issue with it since while it wasn't bad in DOA5 even with the Senran Kagura collab, looking at how SCVI does it just feels way too fetishy.

Honestly, I'm just tired of it all and rather just have some fun playing DOA, watching people lab playing DOA6 and having a blast.
All of this needless drama when you have shit like this:

Is almost everywhere in their fucking forums, chat and otherwise but DOA is so bad because "blah, blah, blah" is so fucking hypocritical. I have seen this shit in Street Fighter since 4 and that was when I had regular internet access.
It got WORSE with Street Fighter 5. It's almost been a marker for Soul Calibur VI. You can see people complain about it in Tekken 7 that they have too many KASBGs or whatever the fuck. YOU SEE THIS SHIT EVERYWHERE!

Dead or Alive is no goddamned different, it's in the same goddamned ballpark and you need to have blinders to pretend it's different... or a genuine troll.

Impact Finale

if team ninjas gonna tone it down... awesome. this franchise doesnt meed sex appeal to sell. the tag team ,graphics ,and fighting system do an awesome job.

awesmic message me on facebook, I got a bone to pick with you.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
if team ninjas gonna tone it down... awesome.

Why?

There is nothing wrong with fanservice and sex appeal though. It's just that TN is using it as a scapegoat to get people to play the game which is pretty shallow. Leave the fanservice in the game, just don't use it as a promoting scheme.

As for the topic creator, I agree with him.

TRI Mike

I didn't think people would agree with me on this. I'm glad to see that wasn't the case.

I agree with a lot of points you guys have written about. Most of the blame for what's happening falls on Team NINJA themselves. But still, it's pretty frustrating how the otaku crowd is reacting to DOA6 when they clearly don't know shit about the franchise. I don't know if you agree with me but I feel like DOA6's visual style (at least for now, before we indeed descend into DLC hell) feels like a throwback to the DOA2-3 days when the guys were rude and the girls were hot and cool. There was a lot of fanservice but first and foremost, the characters were martial artists. That's the thing that got me to like the series so much in the arcade/Dreamcast days of DOA2 and it was annoying seeing how it got lost in DOA5.

As one of you said, DOA5 never cared about the character's personalities or fighting styles. It's infuriating seeing someone like Leon or Bayman wearing fursuits, or Helena who is supposed to be super elegant with that absurd gemstone bikini that doesn't even look good on her. I'm OK with regular bikinis on the girls, like that yellow one I regularly use with Honoka, but the fetish ones¿ No. Leave those in DOA Xtreme.

As I said, I've given up in selling this game to potential players. I don't have the free time to sit for hours in websites to try and convince people to join a game they already decided they hate. I just hope the online runs OK and is active for a while.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD