In which language (voice) do you play DOA5U?

Brute

Standard Donor
Japanese. I've become adjusted to them over the decades and they just feel natural to me now.

Also, Troy Baker is a fucking horrible Hayabusa. Hideyuki Hori is the champ.

werewolfgold

English, because Japanese Hayabusa is god-awful.

kappa

And Japanese Tina makes me want to ram my head into a wall. That and no matter what, all of the background voices are in English regardless. And I kind of like the accents.

UpSideDownGRUNT

Japanese, I've been playing since DOA2U when Japanese was forced so I'm more used to Japanese.

Plus, Troy Baker and Yuri Lowenthall have pretty mediocre voices for my favourite Super Ninja and Amnesiac Karate Master and in some lines/cases that flat out ruin the phrase(TB's version of "Rin, Pyo, To, Sha, Kai Jin, Retsu, Zai, Zen!" comes to mind he just flat out shouts at the top of his lungs and says some phrases with anger distaste which is just not fitting for a philosophical Super Ninja at all).

Rawbietussin

Japanese... Even though most of the girls below Lisa/Helena's ages sounded like jailbaits in their KO screams.

Last edited:

AkaShocka

I use Japanese since most voices sound good in Japanese. I do wish you can change language for each character though. I would put Mila, Jann Lee, Bayman and Lisa on English and everyone else on Japanese, especially Helena. Her English voice is no. Overall, I would just mute Leifang completely.

JKT

Japanese all the way. The English voice acting is torture to my ears - especially Leifang.

Tenryuga

I also wish they had a dual voice option. I would set Rose to English. Everyone else is NBD to me though I would definitely have Ayane, Hayabusa and Ein/Hayate in japanese because they chose the wrong actors for these characters smh. Yuri Lowenthal as Ein/Hayate. Really? :/

Gurimmjaw

I wish it was like SF where you could set each character to either english or japanese whichever your preferred choice for that character. For english I prefer Jann Lee, Rig, Bayman, and Mila in english. The rest japanese voices are much better.

Everytime I hear Ein/Hayate in english im reminded of Sasuke Uchiha. Makes sense since Yuri Lowenthal voices him but for Hayate and Ein it just doesn't sound right at all. I can't help but laugh everytime lol.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Japanese of course! :) They know what they are doing, because voice acting is serious business over there. I find most of the English voices okay. But some, like Helena, with her thick, nasal, already comical French accent are a total disaster! <---please also read with a thick, nasal, already comical French accent. ;)

LightSonic

I use both... I just switch between them every few days when I feel like it. lol I like some Japanese voices and some English voices. I really like Yuri Lowenthal as Hayate, but not how he voiced Ein... To me he doesn't sound as serious as Hayate in English or Ein in Japanese (there's also the fact that I like that Hayate sounds like Sasuke Uchiha in English and I'm used to hearing Ein in Japanese. lol).

But, I think English is the one I use most because of Kokoro and Momiji's voices. If there was a dual voice option, I'd definitely use it to keep Kokoro, Momiji, Hayate and Rig in English. Everyone else I like better in Japanese or don't care what voice option they're on. :p

Last edited:

Argentus

I'm torn. As a whole I prefer Japanese on everyone except my mains who I prefer in English. Because mila is new so I'm not already used to her in Japanese, and Leon because JP voice actor died.

Candy Dragon

Japanese. I can't stand the English voice overs. I think this runs over from watching anime with subs. I can't stand dub versions.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD