Nioh 2 - Item Rarity & Perk Rarity Question

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
With most games I play Exotics typically aren't achievable until at least mid-game, but with Nioh & Nioh 2, I am unlocking them left and right. I realize that with Nioh you can get common, uncommon, rare, exotic on each armor or weapon piece, but does that mean I should just keep my exotics and ditch everything else? Is Exotic the ultimate goal, or might their actually be a point at keeping some of the weaker weapons?

I've dabbled and played with the original, but now I have the time to really play thanks to the outbreak keeping everyone home. With that said I don't want to waste dozens of hours on something that's not going to benefit my enjoyment, but my OCD is kicking in when I see these menus. I want to collect every exotic piece of armor and weapon, but if I'm doing that I want the best possible exotic perk rolls as well.

Earlier when I was playing I foolishly dismantled a wide array of duplicates without really checking the perk values and instead checking the overall stat value. Do exotics drop with set or random rolls? Are there any DO NOT dismantle weapons/perks? @Brute @Onryoki @DestructionBomb

Does the Wooden Sword I unlock in training mode go crazy if I level it up?

Brute

Standard Donor
Not certain how things work in Nioh 2 yet, as I still haven't completed the base game. In Nioh 1, however the item rarity went:

Common
Uncommon
Rare
Divine
Ethereal

The first three rarities were available all throughout the game. Divine items only dropped after the main game was completed. The final rarity, Ethereal, was added later in one of the DLC packs, and could only be obtained on certain higher difficulties. There was a process by which to turn Divine items into Ethereal items, but that was, obviously very late, endgame content for fanatics.

So how much you want to focus on each rarity of item depends on how long you intend to play the game.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Not certain how things work in Nioh 2 yet, as I still haven't completed the base game. In Nioh 1, however the item rarity went:

Common
Uncommon
Rare
Divine
Ethereal

The first three rarities were available all throughout the game. Divine items only dropped after the main game was completed. The final rarity, Ethereal, was added later in one of the DLC packs, and could only be obtained on certain higher difficulties. There was a process by which to turn Divine items into Ethereal items, but that was, obviously very late, endgame content for fanatics.

So how much you want to focus on each rarity of item depends on how long you intend to play the game.

Well if I keep having fun I'll keep playing! Thank you.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
With most games I play Exotics typically aren't achievable until at least mid-game, but with Nioh & Nioh 2, I am unlocking them left and right. I realize that with Nioh you can get common, uncommon, rare, exotic on each armor or weapon piece, but does that mean I should just keep my exotics and ditch everything else? Is Exotic the ultimate goal, or might their actually be a point at keeping some of the weaker weapons?

I've dabbled and played with the original, but now I have the time to really play thanks to the outbreak keeping everyone home. With that said I don't want to waste dozens of hours on something that's not going to benefit my enjoyment, but my OCD is kicking in when I see these menus. I want to collect every exotic piece of armor and weapon, but if I'm doing that I want the best possible exotic perk rolls as well.

Earlier when I was playing I foolishly dismantled a wide array of duplicates without really checking the perk values and instead checking the overall stat value. Do exotics drop with set or random rolls? Are there any DO NOT dismantle weapons/perks? @Brute @Onryoki @DestructionBomb

Does the Wooden Sword I unlock in training mode go crazy if I level it up?
The rarity of the gear just have some extra perks to them. For example they can imbue an element, have a kodama/enemy/Amrita/treasure sensor, etc. The more rare items are just better in general, but if I were you I’d just focus on wearing the gear that works the best for the build you’re going.

I’m going for a ninjutsu build, so I go for gear that enhances my ninjitsu the most.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD