DOA5LR Jacky's Hot & "Heavy Bound" Guide. (No FSK Required)

Lulu

Introduction
So obviously its not recommended to play Jacky without Learning his Flash Sword Kick..... its very useful for linking Heavy Bounds together.... but if you want I compiled a few other ways you can perform the Heavy Bound that doesn't require the Flash Sword Kick

The What ?
The Heavy Bound.... from Virtua Fighter 5, Jacky appears to be the only guest character who gets the exact same Heavy Bound Animation in DoA from Virtua Fighter 5 when he performs his Spinning Heel Sword (:4::H+K:) on Air borne Opponents
bound-heavy-jpg.946

Be warned though... it does cause Wall Splats

The following notations were set up in such a way that the Heavy Bound will just Barely Connect.... however if you want to get greedy then the Super Heavy Weight Heavy Bound Set Ups will work for all the lighter weight classes and so on.

Speaking of Which.... you're going to need Check out The Characters Weight Classes Here.

You can't bounce you're opponent off floor more than Twice. Actually you can but only if you launch your opponents by bouncing them while they're still standing.

Oh and one last Thing....when launching with :2_::3::P: or :6::K: or :3::P: it actually increases your chances of succesfully connecting the Heel Sword if you jab with :P: right after launching them upwards. How ever this does not negate the gravity scaling.... depending on a variety of Factors it might affect your juggle enders.

Abbreviations:
  • CL = Critical Level
  • CB = Critical Burst
  • SLS = Slide Shuffle
  • BT = Back Turn
  • FSK = Flash Sword Kick

Universal For All Weight Classes
  1. On BT Opponent :4::H+K::5::P::5::4::H+K:
  2. On BT Opponent :4::H+K::5::4::H+K: (Spacing Dependent)
  3. On BT Opponent CL1 :4::H+K::5::4::H+K:
  4. :8::P+K::P::5:(Dash):5::4::H+K:
  5. And the Power Launcher
  6. CB Free Step Behind Opponent :4::H+K::5::P::5::4::H+K:
  7. CL3/CB :2::P+K::5::h::5::4::H+K:
  8. :2::P+K::5::h::5::2::P+K::5::h::5::4::H+K:
#2 has a bounce height if 1.2 Meters on normal hit and it Only works if you back up 1 meter or two before you try to connect the Heel Sword.... this is because The Heel Sword is very "Meaty" (choc full of active frames) so backing up makes sure that the Heel Sword connects with the later active frame instead of the first active frame.... this give you enough advantage to nail another Heel Sword.... which is nice :)
#3 is actually the maximum Bounce Height..... on All Critical Levels including the burst won't bounce higher than 1.40 Meters
#5 Is pretty Straight Forward.... you have ample time to score a hit or two and still Nail down the Heel Sword.
#6 number is tricky but it is possible, after a critical burst you can sneak behind your opponent and bounce them off the floor. You should probably focus on that one the most.
#7 doesn't yield as much damage but say you're not in the moos for using his mid punch launcher then go for it... oh uhm the :h: input is there to indicate that you should free cancel the previous move because its highly delayable.
#8 is actually fantastic.... but its easily stagger escapable.... luckily you remain at advantage even if its block.... so yeah... go for it.

Super Heavy Weight
:bass::bayman::leon::cyborg::rachel:

1. CL3/CB :2_::3::P::5::P::5::4::H+K:
  2. BT CL1 :2_::3::P::5::P::5::4::H+K:

Gen Fu & Helena
:genfu::helena:

1. CL3/CB :2_::3::P::5::4::H+K:
  2. CL3/CB :6::K::5::4::H+K:
  3. CL2 :2_::3::P::5::P::5::4::H+K:
  4. CL2 :6::K::5::P::5::4::H+K:
  5. BT :2_::3::P::5::P::5::4::H+K:
  6. BT :6::K::5::P::5::4::H+K:
  7. BT CL1:3::P::5::4::H+K:
  8. BT CL1:6::K::5::4::H+K:
Its very important to note that Gen Fu is actually a Heavy Weight and Helena is a Cruiser Weight. They may have similar set ups but they might need different enders.

Mid Weights
:akira::bradwong::christie::ein::hayate::jacky::jannlee::La Mariposa::nyotengu::rig::hayabusa::tina::zack:

1. CL2 :2_::3::P::5::4::H+K:
  2. BT :2_::3::P::5::4::H+K:
  3. BT :6::K::5::P::5::4::H+K:
  4. BT CL1 :6::K::5::4::H+K:

Welter Weights (Leifang & Pai Chan)
:leifang::pai:
  1. CL2 :6::K::5::4::H+K:
  2. *CL1 :3::P: CL2 :3::P::5::P::5::4::H+K:
  3. BT :6::K::5::4::H+K:
  4. BT :3::P: CL1 :3::P::5::P::5::4::H+K:
  5. BT SLS :P+K::P::5::4::H+K:
#2 is Tricky.... you need to link your attacks in such a way that the first :3::P: Puts you in Level 2 and the second :3::P: launchers because of the critical finish rule (repeating the same move twice in a row)
If you can't use the FSK then this will be your most likely High Hit Level Launcher. Remember this one when going up against lighter characters.
#4 is just like #2 except you must repeat twice on normal hit..... good luck pulling that off. LOL.
#5 Is neither easy or practical but if you want to mix it up there it is ;). Its two mid punches.... the first mid punch will put the opponent into Critical Level 1 and the second will launch.

Light Weights
:ayane::honoka::kasumi::marierose::phase4:

1. CL2 :6::K::5::P::5::4::H+K:

Super Light Weights
:eliot::hitomi::kokoro::mila::momiji::sarah:

Can't Find Any :(
Got an ideas ?

Feathet Weight (Alpha-152)
:alpha152:
  1. CL3/CB :H+K::5::P::5::4::H+K:
  2. CL3 SLS:3::3::K::5::P::5::4::H+K:
  3. CL1 :3::P: CL2 :3::P::5::4::H+K:
  4. CL1 :3::P::5::P::5::4::H+K:
  5. CL1 :3::P::5::4::H+K:
  6. :6::K::5::P::5::4::H+K:
  7. CL3/CB :3::P::5::4::K::K::5::P::5::4::H+K:
LoL #1&2 almost flew under the radar I almost missed them.... obviously they server no other purpose than showing off.
#7 was quite the surprise :eek:.... there might be more for Alpha.

Conclusion
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAH !!! :jacky:
No seriously.... does anybody have a gif. Of Jacky performing the Heel Sword ? @Chapstick you got anything I can use ?

Last edited:

Lulu

I mean come on
this is basicly the main reason to play Jacky.

Oh and I deliberately left out Counter Hit hit set ups. You can discuss and list those Below.

Last edited:

Lulu

I added two more for Gen Fu and Helena and one more for Alpha....
I don't think I can find any more.

I think the Power Launcher Ones can be optimized for each weight class.... but I'm way way too lazy for that.

KING JAIMY

I added two more for Gen Fu and Helena and one more for Alpha....
I don't think I can find any more.

I think the Power Launcher Ones can be optimized for each weight class.... but I'm way way too lazy for that.
I think there is one combo which is maximum damage which works on all weight classes without the Flash Sword Kick:

:7::[[h+k]]: (Power Launcher) > :6_::P: (whiff) > :4::H+K: > :4::H+K: > :K::P::P::P::K:

Lulu

I think there is one combo which is maximum damage which works on all weight classes without the Flash Sword Kick:

:7::[[h+k]]: (Power Launcher) > :6_::P: (whiff) > :4::H+K: > :4::H+K: > :K::P::P::P::K:

:) I wasn't trying to optimization the whole combo.... just trying to get as many hits as possible before bringing down the Heel Sword.....

Theres a few more I need to test.

KING JAIMY

LoL.... I meant I was trying to optomize just the Heel Sword.... like how many times I can hit the opponent in the air and still just barely able to connect the heel Sword.
Juggle potential is reduced if you do some hits before the Spin Heel Sword. So for example, if you hit the opponent with :P: before the double Spin Heel Sword, the :K::P::P::P::K: ender will not connect, so you have to go for a shorter combo ender. I believe the combo I suggested is maximum damage if you disregard the Flash Sword Kick.

In simpler terms,

:7::[h+k]: > :4::H+K: > :4::H+K: > :K::P::P::P::K: WILL WORK
:7::[h+k]: > :P: > :4::H+K: > :4::H+K: > :1::P+K::P::K: WILL WORK
:7::[h+k]: > :P: > :4::H+K: > :4::H+K: > :K::P::P::P::K: WILL NOT WORK

Lulu

Juggle potential is reduced if you do some hits before the Spin Heel Sword. So for example, if you hit the opponent with :P: before the double Spin Heel Sword, the :K::P::P::P::K: ender will not connect. I believe the combo I suggested is maximum damage if you disregard the Flash Sword Kick.

In simpler terms,

:7::[h+k]: > :4::H+K: > :4::H+K: > :K::P::P::P::K: WILL WORK
:7::[h+k]: > :P: > :4::H+K: > :4::H+K: > :1::P+K::P::K: WILL WORK
:7::[h+k]: > :P: > :4::H+K: > :4::H+K: > :K::P::P::P::K: WILL NOT WORK

I know... but thats not what I was going for.... I use Single Hit Enders like :4::6::H+K: and :7::K:. That plus Maximum Damage is better achieved with the Flash Sword Kick....

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Fun fact: 2H+K/2H+KK is an i12 and kills Sidestepping. You are granted a free minimal stun for a jab, or bait out a hold and you are also safe. (As long as you avoid the full entire string after it.)

I still label that as one of Jacky's top 10 moves. One of the cons is that it's a weak i12 so generally it will not beat out other 12 standard mids even on R1F. I find a positive use for this when you are at advantage, sidestepping or expecting them to hit a button during initial advantage.

Last edited:

KING JAIMY

Fun fact: 2H+K/2H+KK is an i12 and kills Sidestepping. You are granted a free minimal stun for a jab, or bait out a hold and you are also safe. (As long as you avoid the full entire string after it.)

I still label that as one of Jacky's top 10 moves. One of the cons is that it's a weak i12 so generally it will not beat out other 12 standard mids even on R1F. I find a positive use for this when you are at advantage, sidestepping or expecting them to hit a button during initial advantage.
Hmmm.... I'm recording the COM Dummy and set it to spam sidestep but in some occasions they can still step the first three kicks. When will it kill sidesteppers, exactly?

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Hmmm.... I'm recording the COM Dummy and set it to spam sidestep but in some occasions they can still step the first three kicks. When will it kill sidesteppers, exactly?

Normally in the neutral position or SS attacks, you tried SS attacks? How odd the dummy is avoiding that, I'll hop back in the lab tonight to test it out raw on regular universal SS with no attacks., I can post a video of 2H+KK slapping Bayman's tank roll and Hayate's Freestep. It should work with the universal SS. It's not a genuine tracking move but it retracks, similar to trying to step PP.

KING JAIMY

Normally in the neutral position or SS attacks, you tried SS attacks? How odd the dummy is avoiding that, I'll hop back in the lab tonight to test it out raw on regular universal SS with no attacks., I can post a video of 2H+KK slapping Bayman's tank roll and Hayate's Freestep. It should work with the universal SS. It's not a genuine tracking move but it retracks, similar to trying to step PP.
Yeah I spammed the raw sidestep without any attacks. If they sidestep with perfect timing, they can actually sidestep the whole string. After further testing though, it seems like 2H+KK catches all sidestep attacks if timed correctly. For example, I was able to catch all of Akira's SS attacks (i.e. SS P, SS K and SS P+K). On another note, stuffing Akira's SS P+K with 2H+KK occasionally causes a cross-up.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Yeah I spammed the raw sidestep without any attacks. If they sidestep with perfect timing, they can actually sidestep the whole string. After further testing though, it seems like 2H+KK catches all sidestep attacks if timed correctly. For example, I was able to catch all of Akira's SS attacks (i.e. SS P, SS K and SS P+K). On another note, stuffing Akira's SS P+K with 2H+KK occasionally causes a cross-up.

The move is not a genuine tracking but it can retrack and can truly be sidestepped if it's timed via a paper situation. Using the Jacky 2P neutral punch theory at the moment for timed sidesteps, the only time SS attacks from will to connect is if it's perfectly timed but that's more on paper. (Which is at odds here.) Even a slight pause on the player using 2H+KK can still catch the opponent because the gap on trying to SS that is small. Trying doing it via a very small timed input (Without doing it off actual neutral position like on paper, you'll notice that it's practically a given to the player at process situation there. The gap from that is too small to even SS it due to the fact that it's a natural string.)

The move does not work at all via Jann Lee's SSP and FreeStep Marie Rose hop which completely blows this out of the water.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Still, you are correct. The move(s) can be stepped. However, good luck to the player with you using Jacky and they are trying to SS that perfectly on neutral position. If he stepped that, he "predicted" that. The chances of stepping that is rather low.

EDIT: Such is woe, I can imagine how difficult it would be trying to avoid this via online on perfect stepping trololol oh man!

Last edited:

Lulu

Command Side Steps are Different they are usually 5 frames shorter.... that might explain why the 2nd Lightning Kick works Bayman abd Friends but not on the universal side step which is evasive for 20 Frames.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Command Side Steps are Different they are usually 5 frames shorter.... that might explain why the 2nd Lightning Kick works Bayman abd Friends but not on the universal side step which is evasive for 20 Frames.

It works with universal SS as well. King Jaimy just confirmed that SS or any freestep has to be timed perfectly to avoid that. (Which is slim to get that timed correctly, players will not always get that correctly via offline or online. Mind you that online is even worse and it's not even a fraud tactic because it can still destroy SS if the SS or any of that matter if not timed correctly, with the exception of Marie Rose's Freestep and Jann's i24 SSP.)

In other words, the likelyhood of you scoring a CH from that is generally high due to the window time of SS in general will not always be perfect during a recovery scenario, recovery after blocking and neutral situation. The only time I see this ever happening is if the opponent "Predicted and knew" it was coming, however that situation is a 50/50 scenario because what if you threw out an actual tracking move? either way, you are likely hitting someone with it and you are safe for a zoning material even on block.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD