Jann Lee DOA6 combos and tech

WAZAAAAA

Post your combos here.

I'll start
https://gfycat.com/UnsungIllAmericansaddlebred
no walls no meter 30 hit combo VS NiCO. This is flashy but it shows the potential of:
- the first 2 parts of a Fatal Rush used ad a stun treshold ender which launches very high
- Dragon Cluster (Dragon Stance -> P+K) in juggles

Last edited:

Darkslay

- General Combo-ability:
JL's combo potential is really good in this game, his damage even on heavies is above average, easily some of the best in the game while keeping it realistic. The DS P+KX3 ender really is amazing, this also comes at a cost though, we're talking about an 11 hit string in a game with a 30 hit combo limit. You have to know how to use this thing, the quick launch game is really strong in this game for JL, a far cry from DOA5. His relaunching potential and his bound are also great. Most of his combo routes are very optimal, so that's a very big plus. Very few stance dependent juggles like you see in the video. Awesome stuff.

- Bound Enders:
They're pretty good. Finally an optimal use for Dragon Knuckle, and if the execution kills you, P+K is only 1 point less of damage, really good stuff.

- SSA Punishes/BT stuff:
The SE change really benefits him here, you can really toy with an opponent that has his back to you, a lot of characters lost combo routes here, JL's only got better.

- Rope Combos:
These are fun, you reeeeally have to think twice about SS'ing against JL in Sweat or Muscle. These weren't really viable in DOA5 since the opponent had to SE at at least fast speed for them to work, now that shit is consistent. Love it.

- Invisible Walls:
Not much new here, 4PPP is no longer the boss of combo enders so you don't have much to play with here. That guaranteed ground hit after a BB is pretty dang good though, shout outs to the boi Wazaaaa for that.

- Breakables:
You don't get easy SDS conversions now of course but the relaunch buffs do help with getting optimal wallsplats, so that's good. Honestly you still get really good damage, the guaranteed CB in DOA5 was kinda broken, and that 4T tho? Boi that shit has Leon phantom grab range on it, people need to get woke on that throw yo, lololol.

- Miyabi Double Breakable:
These are so funny, lol. It really sucks you almost never go down that hall in Miyabi, some filth can happen there, hehe.

- The Throwdown:
I absolutely love the fact the crowd bounce doesn't count as a wall hit, you get some really cool movement mixups here, and that BB through breakables is clean. Really cool stuff.

- Bouncy Walls:
These are really fun now, you barely used to get anything in DOA5. The relaunch properties can get really nutty if you get like a side wallsplat, if Alpha was in this game, she'd clip through the ceiling, I swear, lololol.

- Chinese Festival:
How sick is it that you get the same combo on all weights after the explosive wall? Sick stuff. I was kinda bummed we got a re-skinned Crimson, but this stage has so much going on. One of my favorites after testing stuff, BB ignoring wallsplat limit is also amazing, lololol.

- Road Rage:
This one is pretty interesting since there's a limit to how many interactions you get and you can mess up potential combos by going certain routes. This is the lower part of Scramble but with a lot more room to strategize and style on em'.

- Railings/Vault Overs:
Here's where we have a few problems, what you see in the video is what you get. These work ONLY when you're coming out of Hotzone, that's IT. Really sucks these didn't get fixed, I get the purpose is you falling and continuing stun, but you get 4 unique attacks out of these, it shouldn't be this way. People that know me know that I think inconsistency is the bane of fighting games, and these little shits are full of that.

- Danger Zone:
Good ol' DZ, what can I say? Relaunch buff also helps a lot here and the untechable route is now the optimal one, so that is great. The fact you also get these on Chinese Festival is also fantastic, haha.

- Forbidden Fortune:
Ah, the broken one. It is true this stage is a little nuts right now, but the potential is undeniable, there is no supplement to get ceiling hits like you could in DOA5, the benefit of having a ceiling throw is even better now. Just reduce how many interactables there is and you're good. As a combo monster, I'm fine right now, lolololol.

Last edited:

WAZAAAAA

Stomping tech rolling opponents after wallsplats?? Timing feels frame perfect
(staple wall6T combo compatible with all weights btw)

(click for HD)

Last edited:

WAZAAAAA

about STOMP (2K on grounded opponents) related option selects...

previously I used 2KK on opponents who had just touched the ground:
1. if they didn't tech roll and decided to wake up late, my 2K stomp would initiate, and if they chose any wake up direction that isn't BACKWARDS, they would eat it
2. if they tech rolled, the 2KK string would be executed instead. The 1st kick was meant to whiff due to invincible frames, and the 2nd kick would HOPEFULLY clip the opponent waking up with a slower strike... but in reality wake up jab would Counter Hit it. And if they block the 2nd kick you get throw punished anyway.

now, enter 25K4K:
1. option 1 behaves the same
2. option 2 will execute the string K4K which is faster and uninterruptible by wakeup jabs! And if they block the 2nd kick, you can finish the string with K4KP as a mixup to prevent throw punishing!

Stomp-related OS work because of their very generous input buffers. Helena has the best one due to a quickly cancellable stance, but Jann Lee can do something similar with 4H+KK 81P+K
1. if the opponent doesn't tech roll, the 8P+K stomp initiates
2. if the opponent tech rolls, 1P+K initiates, which is a pretty risk-free animation in that situation

Last edited:

WAZAAAAA

stupid alternative harder niche wall combo that does +2 points of damage than the staple only on light weights, only when the stars and the walls align: wallsplat [9]P4K 4PPP. Basically you have to free step with 9 enough that you disalign with your current wall so that 4P won't wallsplat, and hope the 4PPP will wallsplat on another wall

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD