DOA5LR Kasumi's top worst moves discussion~

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
I disagree with 9K COMPLETELY. It gives you enough bounce to execute a full combo with KK7K 6 > 9PK 6> KK no matter what you use. Yes, the execution of it can be hard & the timing can be altered through SE, but if you think about other character who can't get anything almost free from H+K, then this shouldn't even be a discussion.

This also gives her more of ground game pressure at max stun level. If an opponent techs after PKK7K 6P or KK7K6 > 9PK6 >, you're +2 to +5 somewhere around that area after the knockback running after them as a follow up & if they start pressing buttons, you get counter damage instantly.

Not even in critical level 2 is it really useless (but I wouldn't go with 9K in lvl 2 anyway). If this is what you're talking about, then you're being greedy. You have other options like 3P, 33K, 4PK, 8K, & 236P that you can use. Why would you consider it when you have these? It doesn't make it useless whole heartedly since 9K keeps the launch height ground level to where you have plenty of advantage to play off of when they hit the ground & then tech.

It also is one of her best wall tools because after 1 wrong guess, you would be hitting them with either this or 3PK. 3KK is a good, but I don't think it's better than 9K because you're giving your opponent another chance to bail themselves out near the wall when you could've already taken your damage & moved on. 3PK is better than 3KK in general because it's what develops the mind game near the wall. They'll have to guess in between the mid punch & mid kick. Then you have P+K & 4K (although it hits high).

I fail to see why 9K is in any form useless.

4KK within the stun leads to good damage if you can buffer 33P into 2P. It's not all that useless, either.

6H+K (K) is a whiff punisher. It wall slams, too, so if you're near the wall, you get a follow up. In open floor, it allows you to begin your offense. 6H+KK is guaranteed. It basically keeps people off of her, so that you can either space, or run in to stay in their faces. It also crushes certain moves.

44P alone is a move that belongs in the Top 10 movelist that she has. 44P gives her natural combos like 44PP & 44PK through CH along with it being a tracking move & an evasive move that avoids certain attacks. Come on guys. lmao

8P is good to use on wake up to beat out low wakes up. It's also safe at -5.

Some of you are being greedy & are not thinking about what others can do. Ayane is a defensive character, Kasumi is offensive. She's not supposed to have constant SDSs.

Last edited:

Chapstick

Ayane is a defensive character, Kasumi is offensive. She's not supposed to have constant SDSs.
I agree with everything else but if this is about BT 4K I don't think there's any way to defend it other than it wall splats. I think it should be at least safe or do anything other than that torpedo spin

PMS_Akali

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Premium Donor
I'm fine with BT4K on Kasumi because honestly, she has so many good fast options anyway that being back turned to the enemy is not a big deal for her. Ayane's is part of her mix-up. Different characters, different properties. Ayane has moves that set her up into BT, whereas Kasumi should never be in that situation to begin with. 4KK should only be used as a mix-up to set up her 2P 4PKK in m opinion anyway.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
2KK also has use to it near the wall & as a mixup, although you don't get much for it, you still have them respecting the low into a high that they have to watch to open up mid options.

PMS_Akali

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Premium Donor
I like 2KK for it's low stun. Most people expect a bunch of high and mid poke from Kasumi so they aren't expecting a quick low into high.

UprisingJC

I didn't notice this thread though.

I'm here to first reply to the thread starter:

44P is supposed to be one of her decent moves because:
1. Kasumii will SS non-tracking attacks before landing her jab.

2. Throws can't catch Kasumi performing this move.

3. Causes a deep stun on NH and an unholdable stun on CH/HCH, making 44PP and 44P6P guaranteed.

4. Tracks.

236P
1. For most of the time you're only using this move when your opponent is deeply stunned or for crushing highs. You're not throwing it against a defensive player, are you?

2. Use it with Kasumi's 8K alternatively as there's a large speed difference between them.

As for her 5 worst moves?
Well...

1. 66H+K - Extremely slow & long recovery

2. 2H+K - Also a freaking slow move and it causes a knockdown on hit. What's sad is that it's Kasumi's only single strike that crushes highs and tracks.

3. 6K2K - Another slow move. Strikes not slower than i14 can stop it.

4. K3K - Kasumi's at frame disadvantage on NH, only gets minor advantage on CH/HCH, and is at -16 on block.

5. Hoshinpo K - Besides being the juggle ender for the maximum damage output, I won't even throw out this move directly. Almost nothing you can follow after it hits unless you do this: 9PK6P+KK to launch your opponent, then you can follow with PP7KP+K.

There're still more that can be mentioned here, but I'm only listing those.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD