Koei Tecmo Dropped the Ball Hard with Recent DLC

It's time for the Dead or Alive community to bear arms against Koei-Tecmo for the absurd implementation of leasing hair colors through exchange of REAL money through the currency of 'Premium Tickets' exclusively on the PlayStation 4 console. As it stands thousands of people have expressed their disdain for the hair renting feature and with very little care or concern from Koei Tecmo games. Today we have received an extremely deceitful ticket response to a customer from Koei Tecmo games and it appears that KT gives not one damn about the feedback they have received.

If you decide to continue reading this story. You will be disturbed. You will see Koei Tecmo for who they really are. Hell you might even cry.

For this particular situation DO NOT blame Team NINJA or Master. With the proof we have now this is definitely the doing of the big wigs at Koei Tecmo games, and their response was to undermine the customer's intelligence and play stupid with the situation assuming their fans will eventually shut up and take it like they always do. They even gave the customer a DEAD-LINE for how much longer they could complain about the ticket situation before this player's feedback would be completely shut down. Since this issue has yet to be reported to the mainstream press Koei Tecmo is actually bullying & deceiving the people that support this game and seeing them only as a number and not one of their fighters.

87292457_2437250896604739_5630235090312232960_n.jpg
dd.jpg

Koei Tecmo also admits in this disgusting response that the feature was never a bug, and that they intended to keep it this way despite the fan OUTBURST on social media. Despite EVERY OTHER FIGHTING GAME HAVING THIS OPTION FOR FREE. Unless we continue to raise our voices they are going to plow fans over. Please players for the sake of this community, for the sake of keeping it alive we implore you to submit a ticket to Koei Tecmo expressing your anger for this money draining feature.

As many players have mentioned you can implement hair colors into the PC version for free after jumping through a few loop holes, and in the face of that it wouldn't surprise players if Koei Tecmo put a stop to PC modders so that they can protect the moral integrity of their scam - the problem for them there is the modders I've talked to don't think Koei Tecmo is smart enough to find a way to stop it.

If you explore the comments section of this Tweet you will quickly see that not one single person is into this idea or wants to pay for the coloring options, but some in general are actually willing to pay one dollar (or ticket) per color which would still give Team NINJA an outrageous 16 dollars per player if we were just allowed to keep each color across the board for all characters.

This feature is so tacked on so, so immoral and wrong that even players that normally defend DOA at every turn are going nuts. We must sound off on these issues before the imbecile big wigs at Koei-Tecmo continues to rip us all off for everything we are worth. I've never seen Matt Ponton, the creator of FSD, this furious and he has been supporting Dead or Alive longer than any of us.

This is not fair... this is not right and the only way we can defeat this from getting MUCH worse in the future is rally as a community to take these big wig con artists out at Koei Tecmo once and for all. Remember how PS4 players were required to download Season Passes in the beginning and couldn't individually download? This reason was to bamboozle the biggest player pool for the launch of the game, and the releasing hair colors first on PS4 is proof of that.

Do not support this color scheme scam unless you want a completely fucked game in the future where all DOA is is the SIMS or MAPLE STORY or an MMO.

Last edited:
Isnt that essentially the same thing as saying DLC costumes are more important that fundamental game design?

Trust me I love hating on KT as much as the next doa fan, but come on guys if you have this much passion for hair colour..

You should have At least As much passion for the overall game design

‍/shrug

Not saying having that passion is wrong in any way, just saying it seems illogical.

EDIT: emoji correction

Honestly, I think this is another thing we need to get mad at KT about:

Any major complaint you've been holding on to until this point should be pointed out to them.

But this kind of thing can't be made into a major story. Ripping off consumers with a ridiculous business practice is a bigger deal for most people in general than individual gameplay issues in a fighting game. It could have been ripping us off regarding something gameplay-specific, thankfully it wasn't, but that would have been recieved by people as even worse than what they're doing now. That's why I'm surprised there wasn't much uproar from the Tekken community about charging for frame data... maybe most of them didn't realize how bad of a move that was.

Last edited:
@Project Bokuho - Ugh, I hate that site with a passion. It's litterally the far right conspiracy rag of gaming and anime news. It oozes toxicity. Probably should warn it's nsfw if you post a url from there, btw. I won't even click the link either way, but awareness is awareness, I guess....

The Jim Sterling video is better than I thought it would be. It's 95% focused on driving home the message about Koei Tecmo being unfair.

@Project Bokuho - Ugh, I hate that site with a passion. It's litterally the far right conspiracy rag of gaming and anime news. It oozes toxicity. Probably should warn it's nsfw if you post a url from there, btw. I won't even click the link either way, but awareness is awareness, I guess....

It read like all the other reports on this scandal, did you even bother to read the article before posting?

It read like all the other reports on this scandal, did you even bother to read the article before posting?

No, I didn't, and I said so and I said why in my post, lol. If it read fine, then that's good, I'm glad, thanks for letting me know. But I still don't trust that site or like it or its readers in general. I've been familiar with it for years now so I mean what I say. If a terrible site reported nicely on our problem, that's great, I'm grateful for that. I guess it makes sense that they would since they regular report on the latest DOA DLC costumes, complete with lengthy galleries of erotic shots in those costumes, lol.

That response is the reason DOA is where's its at in the first place...
What the fuck are you talking about, I've never bought a single DLC in my life and I never fucking will, I'm not the target of microtransaction shenanigans. The change doesn't even affect the version I play on (PC). I just hope this is not the beginning of more significant console/PC differences... AGAIN (DOA5LR missing stages and lobbies)

Awesome, a Jim Sterling trashing is just what KT deserves. :)

Seriously, if I watched this video, Jim's trashing and the footage shown of lazy fetish DLC after fetish DLC, and I had no idea what DOA was, I'd think what what kind of trash game is this? One really has to take off their rose-tinted glasses as a fan once in a while and see the game for what it has become, just really trashy.

Heres more links about DOA6 Hair Color DLC:

Maybe I'm jumping the gun, I don't understand fair use but this article is very similar to Polygon's. Is this plagiarism?

Archive link just in case

@Matt Ponton

EDIT:

For comparison

@Anura - Yeah, seems like it, and asumetech is the first site reporting this so far that I've never heard of, and I'm guessing no one else has either. That typo of leaving out the . in the prices is pretty terrible, and they did it more than once. I mean, KT is bad but not as insanely evil as that, lol.

Yeah... I'm gonna restrain myself from bringing up further opinions on some of the sites covering this. As long as KT is seeing that the word is getting out, it's all good.

Last edited:
I've DM the author of the Polygon article on twitter. If I'm wrong I have made a fool of myself and wasted his time, if not I hope the owner of asumetech gets a cease and desist or something. I bet that site isn't worth the time of a legal team.

@Anura - Yeah, seems like it, and asumetech is the first site reporting this so far that I've never heard of, and I'm guessing no one else has either. That typo of leaving out the . in the prices is pretty terrible, and they did it more than once. I mean, KT is bad but not as insanely evil as that, lol.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. Think it's some bot site, like this one:

So they make a profit out of content scraping by using adwords and it’s probably untraceable. Well at least I learned something.

On a more positive note:

This guy makes DOA content and has 300 subscribers. His video won't get as many views as Sterling's but at least he cares about the game.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD