Kokoro +12 setup

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
On normal hit, Heichu :2::P: leaves you +12. Being +12 allows you to land a frame perfect :214::T: or :236::T:. Aka, reset city.

This string: :2::H+K::P+K::2::P:, Or any variant leading into it will leave you +12.

It is best used within a combo; however, neutral will work too. It is just hella hard to make your opponent stand there and take it.

Arcane

Thanks for this. I just started exploring Kokoro again recently. Her :6::P::P: is also +12 on normal hit.

Arcane

I did a bit of labbing and will continue to update this with throw setups.

First, I want to clarify that the ideal stun length for following up with a throw is throw startup frames + 2. Kokoro has 3 special throws with different startup frames:

:2::3::6::T: at 9
:6::6::T: at 10
:2::1::4::T: at 12

The ideal stun lengths for each of these throws would be +11, +12 and +14 respectively.

+11 setups that can lead into :2::3::6::T:

:6::K: This is particularly good because the only string follow up is a mid punch which is liable to be held.
:1::P::P::P: If the middle punch is blocked but not the final one, which is pretty normal.
Counter-Hit :2::H+K:

+12 setups that can lead into :6::6::T:

:6::P::P:
Heichu :2::P:

+14 setups that can lead into :2::1::4::T:

:2::H+K::P:

Though not as optimal, at +13 Counter-Hit :2::H+K::K: is +14, allowing for a near-frame perfect :2::1::4::T:

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD