Characters Kokoro General Discussion

Commmanda Panda

actually before updating the rest of the data I'm going to add her back turned attacks and throws to the list since they are missing

Edit: Finished adding her back-turned attacks and added/changed some descriptions of moves

Last edited:

Bushido

Any significant change for Kokoro will probably go up to: stun property changes, frame safety changes, and maybe a new move or mechanic to a move like Ayane's spin notation being changed. Given the trend that's been happening.

jjinkou2

https://soundcloud.com/edo_lee/kokoro-ft-kian

This song is sooooo Kokoro (see what i did. huehuehue)

music in general is really subjective. this one is really relaxing music but for me several tracks can fit her style

- In her pink kimono i can't help thinking of the last scene of kill bill 1 with this music:
(don't let me be misunderstood --- santa esmeralda)

- in her Tifa costume i listen to this one :
http://www.deezer.com/track/10984899 (say aha -- santagold)

little game for us : could you find a track for each of her costume ?

Last edited:

TLEE SAID THIS:

Any significant change for Kokoro will probably go up to: stun property changes, frame safety changes, and maybe a new move or mechanic to a move like Ayane's spin notation being changed. Given the trend that's been happening.
Oh, I was hoping that they would strengthen her close range game or add some cooler gimmicks.

I've always had the idea of making the charging animation for her :1::P::+::K: either backdash (for evasion and spacing) or fowarddash cancellable into 66P since it's kinda useless for a cool move and not an unblockable once fully charged.

Heikou

Standard Donor
Oh, I was hoping that they would strengthen her close range game or add some cooler gimmicks.

I've always had the idea of making the charging animation for her :1::P::+::K: either backdash (for evasion and spacing) or fowarddash cancellable into 66P since it's kinda useless for a cool move and not an unblockable once fully charged.
It feels like Kokoro always has better options where it'd make sense to use :1::P::+::K:
Since one of the problems I've had in trying to use it better players holding it on reaction even if I mess with the timing, I don't think having it be cancellable into another mid punch is a good idea. Especially if the timing on it is similar to what it would be if you fully charged it

I'm not exactly sure what kind of change would have to be made for that move to be good for anything besides avoiding wakeup kicks (which it isn't ideal for anyway), but I'd personally rather have a tracking 3K and a SS P+K similar to Akira's. Maybe a 12F 2P while I'm at it.

Chapstick

Not sure if it's been covered before but why is the window between the 6's of 66P so long? 9P 6PPP on a wall gets screwed up so many times for me with 9P 66P coming out instead. I can tap 6 then tap it again half a second later and it'll register as 66P. :confused:

Heikou

Standard Donor
There's a 10 frame buffer window. Just a general game mechanic.

From my experience, sometimes 9P alone will end up registering as 9P6 because of how you let off the dpad after hitting 9P. When you're doing 9P to 6PPP, let off the dpad after you hit 9P, then free cancel. Don't free cancel before letting off of the dpad.

Edit: Input should look something like :9::P::6::h::6::P::P::P:

Chapstick

I've never encountered another move in this game with a window this long. I did try free canceling a teensy bit later than usual after posting that here and had success with it, the inputs do look like what you listed.

Lulu

Not sure if it's been covered before but why is the window between the 6's of 66P so long? 9P 6PPP on a wall gets screwed up so many times for me with 9P 66P coming out instead. I can tap 6 then tap it again half a second later and it'll register as 66P. :confused:

Its for the benefit of Thumbstick users such as myself..... since motions like that can't be done as fast on Thumb Stick as they can on D-Pad.

There's a 10 frame buffer window. Just a general game mechanic.

Well yeah but like you said thats the General Mechanic.... its for basic things like Buffering simple commands such as basic :P: or :K: in the recovery of an animation.

Commands such as :6::6::P: have a secondary mechanic which I believe Team Ninja call it "Input Detection" going from their recent Balance Patch Notes.

As far as I can tell they can adjust the Input Detection for every character that has a :6::6::P: in the game so that some are more lenient than others..... it goes hand in Hand with Specific Stuns and a Specific Bound that cause an opponent to Stagger or Drift away away from so might have to dash torwards them and perform :6::P:or:K: what ever instead of a :6::6::P:or:K:. Or atleast thats how it suppose to work....... the truth is they are many characters with nonsensical Leniency in their :6::6: and :6: type moves. Infact sometimes it feels like Team Ninja deliberately adjust these the exact opposite of the functions they should be performing just to make it harder for no reason.... Brad Wong's :6::P+K: and Hayate's :6::6::P+K: being the biggest offenders.

Commmanda Panda

I used to have this problem too. I started to press :h: twice to free cancel and i still do it now

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD