DOA5LR Kuwait and the KBR2016 Experience!

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
This post has been long overdue.. but here it is!
26848810603_f9ef0b3425_o_d.jpg

On April 28-30, "Kuwait Battle Royale 2016" took place. As some of you may or may not know, it is one of the biggest events in the region running alongside GX2016 (an annual comic, anime expo).

The games featured this year were SFV, MKX, Pokken, Smash Brothers, UMVC3, GGXrdR, BBCP, and thanks to the Kuwait DOA community's extra hard efforts, DOA5LR.

It's a big deal since this is the first time DOA5LR gets a major tournament in the region.

Numbers were also extremely promising, over 30 players were in attendance with varying skill levels. I can also confirm that apart from myself and 3 other guys, all of these players are different from the ones that showed up in the KOFGCC tournament in Dubai, which also had a really good showing for DOA5LR despite it being a side tournament then.

Although DOA was not officially sponsored, also in attendance was Koei Tecmo EU's community manager Chin Soon Sun, who was updating the twitter feed firsthand.

As for the tournament itself, it was extremely well organized and it was great to meet all these amazing diehard fans of the game. I would also like to add that hotel accommodation and transport were all very well organized thanks to the hard work of the FikraKW crew running the whole show :)
27356887432_dae826d26a_o_d.jpg

I would also like to thank Ryan Hart and Abegen for hopping on commentary (the fact that it was in Japanese makes it all the more hype.. lol )

Footage of top 4 listed down below:
Winners Final:
Losers Semi:
Losers Final:
Grand Final:

As for the tournament results:
1. Emperor Cow
2. Super3imi
3. xWorst
4. Meshary
26846881404_050e875782_o_d.jpg

On a personal note,
This tournament couldn't have taken place at a worse time for me. It was literally at I time I was going through one of the toughest stages in my life socially, mentally, physically and financially. I was so out of focus I still can't believe I pulled through. And just to add to the pressure, It was also my birthday. It would have really sucked if I lost on that day.. lol

On the other hand, the tournament was the perfect environment to test out my Momiji and highlight the areas I needed to improve upon with her. Especially since I intend to take her with me to Japan for DOA festival.

In the end, I feel very grateful to have met all these amazing and friendly players. I kept saying that regardless of the result, I already considered myself a winner just for making all these new friends that share the same love and passion for DOA as I do. And I really hope I get another opportunity to meet them again soon.

As for future events in the region, we're trying to push for another major around sometime in December.. will fill you all in as things progress ...

but for now.. stay tuned :)

Tulkas

Premium Donor
Awesome Emperor! xD Very exciting matches! Loved that this event took place that far and you won! Congrats and late b-day! ;D

And the most important: congrats to all the attendance for showing up, for the good fights and -this way- for making this event a success in favor of DOA's sake! Great! :D

BTW, loved the commentators. I didn't understand a word, but the hype was super!

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD