DOA5LR Kwiggle Wins Last DOA5 Major

NEC 19 was an extraordinary event for Dead or Alive 5: Last Round with solid entry numbers, great players and a live stream (replay subscription required) for your viewing pleasure. Thanks to Matt Ponton, Big E Gaming, Tom Lee and OBS James Fink for the $2,100 prize pool at NEC! Congratulations to Kwiggle for winning DOA5s last NEC!

For DOA5 being a 6 year old game, the community should be proud of our 60 entries for NEC 19. DOA5 had higher numbers than over half of the games listed for NEC including big ones like: Smash Bros. Melee, Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite, Mortal Kombat XL, Injustice 2, and only five or less entries shy from Street Figher V and BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle. Anyone still doubting DOA should look no further than our entries and level of interest from new players.

All of DOA5s momentum will be heading to DOA6 in our next major tournament: Winter Brawl (estimated to take place Feb. 22-24th 2019)

Last edited:
KPB isn't exactly friendly to many games outside Smash and use as much as they can to get money (Including asking for money during tournament streams, at least in the past they have).

Had fun this weekend, glad I got to see the other competitors I've come to meet in these past 6+ years from DOA5 vanilla through LR. Looking forward to going full steam with 6 at Winter Brawl, see you guys there! I'm pretty much done with 5 now.

For DOA5 being a 6 year old game, the community should be very proud of our 60 entries for this tournament. DOA5 has higher numbers than over half of the games listed for NEC 19 including big ones like: Smash Bros. Melee, Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite, Mortal Kombat XL, Injustice 2, and only five or less entries shy from Street Figher V and BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle.
that is incredible and congratz to kwiggles on winning it!

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD