Last Round changes Thread

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Just had Shack News check. So far only change I've seen:

T.F.B.B. is now 16 startup but does 88 damage on normal (132 on hi-counter).

Still 300 hp bar.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
This is not funny.

Edit: Okay, I've done the maths and all we got now is 5 more frames on a throw startup for 3 points of damage on normal throw and 5 points more damage on HCT.

Now, if I'm the only person who thinks it's pointless messing with this move, then there's something wrong with otherwise they didn't need to change a single thing with this character.

@Mr. Wah what's your take on this? I'm genuinely interested to know, because I can't be the only person who sees this as a random decision.

Last edited:

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
He felt the same as ultimate. Given I feel he's still viable as his ultimate self I think he's fine

As for tfbb I'm in agreement, I feel its a Nerf. Especially since hi counter on the same situation for Tina does the same damage but her throw is still 11i...

None of the suggestions I gave to them that I'd like to see Bass have were done. So people who think they just blindly listen to me on anything have proof finally. The tfbb Nerf I do believe is my fault though. I suggested his hct be 149 because of two reasons I didn't tell them. First, I feel alpha shouldnt have the strongest throw in the game and should instead be equal at most to the strongest throw. Second, when the game was 240 HP Bass' 80 DMG tfbb was causing half life. They seemed okay with the idea of it being that much damage but they had concerns. First, that the increased damage would have to be warranted by a speed reduction like something around 20 frames (Alpha's I believe is 21), which I agreed with. Second, that they worried the increased damage would be too much for his wall and ceiling throws. I predict that they tried the damage levels and the speed and felt it was just too powerful so they lowered the startup to 16 and gave a small damage boost. If true, I just don't think you can go halfway with this decision and would have preferred the original properties.

I've already given feedback that I don't feel the startup increase is warranted by the damage increase they gave it.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
He felt the same as ultimate. Given I feel he's still viable as his ultimate self I think he's fine

As for tfbb I'm in agreement, I feel its a Nerf. Especially since hi counter on the same situation for Tina does the same damage but her throw is still 11i...

None of the suggestions I gave to them that I'd like to see Bass have were done. So people who think they just blindly listen to me on anything have proof finally. The tfbb Nerf I do believe is my fault though. I suggested his hct be 149 because of two reasons I didn't tell them. First, I feel alpha shouldnt have the strongest throw in the game and should instead be equal at most to the strongest throw. Second, when the game was 240 HP Bass' 80 DMG tfbb was causing half life. They seemed okay with the idea of it being that much damage but they had concerns. First, that the increased damage would have to be warranted by a speed reduction like something around 20 frames (Alpha's I believe is 21), which I agreed with. Second, that they worried the increased damage would be too much for his wall and ceiling throws. I predict that they tried the damage levels and the speed and felt it was just too powerful so they lowered the startup to 16 and gave a small damage boost. If true, I just don't think you can go halfway with this decision and would have preferred the original properties.

I've already given feedback that I don't feel the startup increase is warranted by the damage increase they gave it.

Yeah, I remember you telling me about the suggestion, but I didn't think they'd be lazy enough to straight up use 66h+p animations for an already hard to buffer tier 3 throw.

If they actually care, then they have to look no further than Wolf. burning hammer is already a good example of a slow throw and everything about the input to the damage and startup makes sense.

The Tina bass comparison also makes sense; king and armour king have the same giant swing. They play totally different games, but they have this general consistency. If one had a GS that did more damage or threw towards instead of behind, then there would be little reason to use the inferior version.

Also using the 66h+p animations AND frames (16 (3) 31) makes zero sense. Change the input to something like 8741236h+p and make it 18i with same 25f recovery not be plain shit lazy and borrow another animation from an OH. I really hope no one has to actually explain this to them.

Just ask them to bring the doa5U TFBB back. Don't want your minor damage boost for another major crippling factor in my gameplay, designers.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
just checked, still there. why would they purposely duplicate animations? it just makes the characters look less diversified.

It's the throw animation tiers themselves. TFBB was slowed to 16 frames, don't recall if 66H+P was slowed also. All of the 5-12 frame throws share the same throw animation.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
So like, they tossed in the startup animation for it because it needed to differentiate from the new TFBB startup animation. I don't know if they changed the startup speed itself for 66H+P or not.

The 5-12 frame startup throw animations for all characters use the same startup animation with varying speeds, so I don't understand why you'd have issue with purposely sharing animations when they do it everywhere in the game.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
So like, they tossed in the startup animation for it because it needed to differentiate from the new TFBB startup animation. I don't know if they changed the startup speed itself for 66H+P or not.

The 5-12 frame startup throw animations for all characters use the same startup animation with varying speeds, so I don't understand why you'd have issue with purposely sharing animations when they do it everywhere in the game.

you said throw animation earlier not start up animation big difference

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Y'know what? Fuck it. Let's roll with this one and see how it goes. I bet I can make this thing work like a charm if you give me enough games to figures out where to actually fit it in.

Preferably up someone's arse, but it might require new frame trap setups and 16i isn't really enough for someone to visually react to a throw and try to duck it.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD