DOA5U Late night practice if anyone wants to help me level up my game or recommend characters to try.

JJpalmer

Anyone up for some late night DOA5U say 930 est i could use advice be it play more characters or things related to tina.That and i really just wana chill and improve a bit if i can.

Intelligent Alpha

Anyone up for some late night DOA5U say 930 est i could use advice be it play more characters or things related to tina.That and i really just wana chill and improve a bit if i can.

This "Play more characters" stuff! That's just to say "I'm pro!" If you can, great, but if out of 40, you can play only two with your eyes closed? "The one who can do more with less, should be feared than the one who does less with more!" Now. having said this, you can find characters that you think compliment your main (assuming it's Tina and she has tons of complimentary partners), or find someone who contrast her to get a unique pairing! (I played a Ryu/Bayman team twice - I found it wonderful given the contrasting character styles and the beat my complimentary team twice!)

But yeah, I'm down for some sparring!

Intelligent Alpha

cool ill be on later tonight i was told to learn characters but im not sure how to go about doing so barely got a grasp on Tina haha

Take your time learning one! It's easy for a fabulous player to say: "I learned everybody! You should, too!" Yet, they don't tell you the oodles upon oodles of information they (and unfortunately you) have to soak up! MUs, characters' strengths and weaknesses; strengthening their weaknesses or working around them! What works, what doesn't. Can they rush, can they space? How well are they at playing offensively (which is easy, btw) vs. defensively (which is incredibly difficult) Situations - how well can/do they react when a negative one presents itself vs. a positive one. What are the risks? What are the rewards? Does one outweigh the other or does it balance out? All of this even before you consider going against a human opponent and there is a crapload more to think about when you do. You can't just "learn everybody" and call it a day!

I also play some friends who know Tina very well, too.

Intelligent Alpha

cool i appreciate i had a discussion about the basics of frame data while i was TFC last night so ill be trying to do my homework

I wish I could've made it. From watching the stream, it was amazing! And sure thing. I have training sessions for myself from tme to time as well

One Green Flag

lol will definitely have to do it again i wana figure out how to get around momos flip

I believe you can get away from it by crouching but then that should open you up for the punch. It's like a rock paper scissors game in a rock paper scissors game! I think I picked up a few good things in that environment and won't forget Golf saying "Well that's not good for my health bar!" Haha. Good times.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD