Leifang Matchup discussion

Brute

Standard Donor
I'm inclined to say at this point that the character with the most available tools is the highest tier in this game.
Even without knowing each individual character, by looking at how the game works I'm willing to say that Lei is in a broad top five, in a narrower top three and I'll risk that she's second only to Jann Lee but this is just one of many opinions on the game.
The previous assessment of tools, opinions that she only suffers on long range and that she needs to be more careful with parries against throwers, coupled with my recent overview of the game through several mediums makes me say that I wholly agree with the opinion above that states that Lei can be played in different ways. And she should be.
I have a difficult time putting Lei Fang above Gen Fu.

Yoyo

Yeah Gen-Fu is a bit better than Lei, I saw Buddha's Gen-Fu and it was just straight rape :G .

vINv

I completely disagree with both statements leifangs only bad match up is jan lee i have never had trouble with gen fu or the vf chars knowledge of leifangs frame data is necessary to go pro with she has great 50/50s good offensive throws and holds and to destroy any oppenent and as far as deffensive ppl go make them attack u nothing wrong with being paitient especially with six offenisive holds and two special parrys that give her +6 XD her down H+k +14 etc shes high tier but not better then jan or akira or sara says shes number4 this game and another thing u cannot base char strength on the abilite of player gotta base it of their tools and frames and set up options leifang requires just framing all holds and not just guessing what their gunna do next

Yoyo

I completely disagree with both statements leifangs only bad match up is jan lee i have never had trouble with gen fu or the vf chars knowledge of leifangs frame data is necessary to go pro with she has great 50/50s good offensive throws and holds and to destroy any oppenent and as far as deffensive ppl go make them attack u nothing wrong with being paitient especially with six offenisive holds and two special parrys that give her +6 XD her down H+k +14 etc shes high tier but not better then jan or akira or sara says shes number4 this game and another thing u cannot base char strength on the abilite of player gotta base it of their tools and frames and set up options leifang requires just framing all holds and not just guessing what their gunna do next

But it's the abilities of the player to know how to use these tools and setups and to somewhat know the frame data because you can't just win on tools and frames. You need to know how to apply them as well.

GLoRToR

PL is not the ultimate authority on DOA. xD
I'm still inclined to believe a world champ even if I take information of opinion with a pinch of salt.
We'll see, like I said. I unfortunately only have online but that's no excuse not to give my best :)

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD