Leifang treatment

I feel like Leifang is such an underrated character and deserves to get her spot back during her glory days of DOA1. Jann Lee won the prev DOA tourney but sadly her opponent wasn't Leifang. They did encounter Alpha 152 proving that Leifang did had some kind of a role but was dashed by Jann Lee. If Team Ninja were to ever focus on her again, it'd better be with Tina and Kasumi!

Dr PaC

TN really likes to keep LeiFang w/Hitomi, which isn't so bad imo but outside the one time they had a serious fight (over cabbage) in DOA4, they have been demoted to being comic relief girls who relate to each other through their respective unrequited crushes, which is a shame. There's more potential for both characters to grow but TN just never seem to do anything with them, especially in the tournaments.

I wish Hitomi would've won the DOA5 tourney and gotten closer to Hayate or at least became more involved with his ties to his ninja persona. It would be nice to see how she views him as his real self and letting go of his Ein persona she sorta created for him during his time with her in Germany. Instead, she still only makes top 3 in the tourney, still says hi and bye to Hayate leaving that relationship stagnant, lowkey flirts with Elliot for some reason, and goes on meaningless adventures with LeiFang (which I would enjoy more if only it had any kind of meaningful impact on the actual story)

As for LeiFang, I mean, in DOA6 she was used. By that I mean, she popped up only to further Jann Lee's story by curing his depression of being the "strongest". I think she only beat him once in the series lifetime but after that, TN doesn't seem to know what do with her, outside of pairing her with Hitomi. I think she's a top competitor but she never really gets far in the tournament, which I find weird if she's able to keep up with the likes of Jann Lee and is on even grounds with Hitomi. I too hope she gets treated better lorewise in the future.

I always saw DOA's characters as if they are part of factions, if that makes sense. There's the Ninjas (of course) and their drama should be the main focus of the overall game. Then there's the Helena Squad, whom are the bridge that connect the ninjas to DOATEC and M.I.S.T. and basically create the said drama for the ninjas and make the tournaments possible. Then there's Tournament Crew, which is basically everyone else. These people are the guys that only show up to the tournament for various reasons and in my opinion, should be focused on alot more in the next DOA. I think these are the characters that make DOA lore interesting and fun. Yes, I think the ninjas' story should still take priority but make it so the ninjas have to show up to the tournament this time around so the other characters can be more involved. I remember when Jann Lee had his rivalry with Busa, those fights made him look badass af, that Ryu even acknowledged him as an actual challenge. That gave him credibility. It's no wonder everyone else he runs into in the tournament now-a-days look so lack luster. I remember when LeiFang had that "contest of power" against Tina and crushed that large rock with the palm of her hand. That was sick. Give me more stuff like that.

Anyway, Im rambling now. I agree, Leifang, Hitomi, and all the other Tournament Crew characters deserve more meaningful story time and more feats. It's just better for DOA overall.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD