DOA5LR Leifang Ultimate Guide

This guide will touch on everything you need to know to be a successful Leifang player like me. Leifang is essentially a Defensive, Spacing, Space-Controlling, Grappling, Whiff Punishment and Mix-Up character. You must know how far away you are for you opponent to play a whiffing mind game, also she has really good reach which moves like PP6PP, 3PP6PP, or 7PP6PP which reaches the farthest. She has a lot of moves that force wake up kicks, and has a lot of setups for people who do not techroll. Space control she also thrives in with moves like 214P-2K, 2H+K (Including it's varients), 1KP/4, 1P+K, and her ever so faithful 66K mid crush. Now Leifang really can't pressure, has 0 useful guard breaks and is essentially unsafe as ****. She is really fairly unsafe but I had to exaggerate xD. For the guide we will start with launchers, then go in depth with Spacing, Space-Controlling, Poking, Crushes, Mix-Ups, Max Damage Juggles, OH's, Holds, FA, WU Crushes, Okizeme, Sabaki, Unshu and You, and Dealing with Pressure.

Launchers and BnB combos/juggles:
  • 66K (Mid Kick)-Best Launcher, Most looked out for and therefore is anticipated a lot. This is the one of the most countered launchers out of there.
Best Followups
Stun Level 1:
66K-P2P2K
66K-46P
66K-9KK
66K-PP2K
66K-PP6PP​
  • 7K (High Kick)
  • 3P+K (Mid Punch)
  • 8K (High Kick)
  • 4P Really just gives 4PP(P) (Mid Punches)
  • 9KK Really 9K but if you just do 9K you won't have any followup potentials. (Mid Kicks)
  • Bound 4PP(P) must hit before Stun Level 3 or it will launch (Mid Punches)
  • K2K (High Kick, Mid Kick)
  • 3KP+K (Mid Kick, Mid Punch)
  • 66K (Whiff) K (Mid Kick)
  • BT Bound P+K (Mid/High Punch I forgot)
  • (3)P (Mid Punch)
  • BT 4K (High Kick)
  • Special Launcher 9K-8P, Can work After 33PK-8P but very rare for it to launch. Also Has to Hit on Neutral so this launcher is not that viable. (Mid Kick for 9K, and High Punch for 8P, Low Punch Mid Kick for 33PK) Can also work after 66K or even 8P~8P but really it does not happen often.
  • 33PP+K (Low Punch Mid Punch)
  • 33PKK (Low Punch Mid Kicks)
  • Stun Level 3 P-PP6PP very good close to the wall but really it's not that good of an ender mid-screen but still decent damage for Leifang. (High Punch, High Punch)
  • H+K
  • PPKH+K
  • KH+K
  • 66H+K- This move is also used to jump over the opponent if you used the P2P2K ender, really good for BT Mix-Ups but be weary of Mid WUKs. If they do WUK while your BT you could also Parry from BT too, remember this.
  • PPK2K
  • 3PPKH+K
  • 3PPK2K
  • 7PPKH+K
  • 7PPK2K
  • 3P4P*
  • 6PK
  • P+K
  • 2P+K
  • PP6PK
  • 3PP6PK
  • 7PP6PK
  • Come work on this later

Last edited:

Giannola

Thanks for this, really good stuff.
In reach moves did you mean 7pp6p instead of 9pp6p?
and k2k launcher is (High Kick, Mid Kick)

thatdoanoob

im new here but im very glad that your making this i just started really getting into leifang and im sure it'll help me ^_^

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD