System Leon's Power Launcher Bug

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
Made a thread a while ago on the topic but it isn't located in the proper subforums as there was a discussion prior to the thread being made where characters other than Leon might be affected by it.
If you have never heard or seen this bug before I strongly suggest you go to the following link, read the entire opening post, then continue with the rest of this thread: http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/power-launcher-bug.5101/

This is a recap in case you read the above link and kinda forgot a few things.
The bug itself is that Leon's Power Launcher will act as a regular above 50% Power Launcher even though his health is at or below 50%. Imagine R1F and just using it, that's what you get. The bug was initially discovered in Ultimate on PS3, I've since found it on PS4 and Xbox One (PS4 Core Fighters, XBox One Core Fighter Purchase, full digital downloads on both consoles, and physical discs on both consoles), and one weekend playing Mr. Wah on his home PC I discovered that it is present in that version as well. I haven't tested it on XBox 360 simply because I don't own one but I will assume it is present on that version as well.

To summarize the link the first trigger found was that you can input the Power Launcher command while the animation of a Critical Burst occurs on the opponent. This is by far the easiest one for me to replicate and this one has been in the game since Ultimate. This is shown in the above mentioned link as well as in the video below.

I'm opening a thread up because when trying out all kinds of stuff for walled 6T setups I came across a second trigger for the bug to occur. If you buffer in the entire command for Leon's Power Launcher before the end of the throw animation you can activate an uncharged Power Launcher despite being at 50% or less health. This is shown in the video below.

While recording this second trigger I accidentally stumbled on a third trigger. This one is closest tied to the first trigger and very well may be the same kind of trigger. This one is actually harder to execute than the two mentioned above, for some odd reason. After finding this one I spent the next 15 minutes trying to replicate it with no success so in the video below I only have one clip of it in action.

In the video below there are a total of 5 clips. In order they are:
1) Leon's Power Launcher on hit. What it is supposed to look like.
2) Leon's Power Launcher in open space. The frame information. 40 (3) 28
3) The Critical Burst Power Launcher Trigger the link from above is dedicated to.
4) A minute of walled 6T Power Launcher bug. I tried various timed inputs and eventually found one that I could replicate.
5) The final trigger where I free cancel 8PP into the Power Launcher bug.

You guys have no idea how many times I get this bug. Incredibly annoying, I don't like using Leon's Power Blow because it has such a bad animation showing when the strike itself actually becomes a PB.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD