"Lets do this!~" Kula Diamond Gameplay Discussion Thread

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
news-190610-kula.jpg
I saw that Kula and Mai now have their own forums so I wanted to go ahead and make a thread for Kula where we can discuss her gameplay and such when she releases on the 18th! :-D

Here's her and Mai's trailer, her gameplay segment starts at 1:12

As quoted from Team Ninja's DOA6 website, "Diamond favors quick strikes and unexpected transitions to special attacks through the use of cancels. She has the power to utilize ice in her assaults, taking advantage of frozen opponents thanks to her ability to instantly freeze water particles in mid-air."

Last edited:

xDevious

Standard Donor
I saw that Kula and Mai now have their own forums so I wanted to go ahead and make a thread for Kula where we can discuss her gameplay and such when she releases on the 19th! :-D
Isn’t the release date the 18th? I swear that’s what it said on the trailer.

Anyway, I’m actually really excited for Kula. I never knew her before, as I have no experience with the KOF series, but I like her moveset. I’m a massive lover of ice magic/powers, so seeing that really made me want to play her. I’m not too happy about yet another loli, but as long as she’s fun to play then whatever at this point.. XD

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Isn’t the release date the 18th? I swear that’s what it said on the trailer.

Anyway, I’m actually really excited for Kula. I never knew her before, as I have no experience with the KOF series, but I like her moveset. I’m a massive lover of ice magic/powers, so seeing that really made me want to play her. I’m not too happy about yet another loli, but as long as she’s fun to play then whatever at this point.. XD
Oh oops, I knew something was wrong xD I'll fix that, and yeah I wish we could have had someone a bit more mature physically but I do like her as a character so if shes anything like how Naotora is in terms of easy execution I'll stick with her ^.^

I'm currently in KOF XIV atm looking at the attacks from her trailer so we can know what to expect since they'll probably do similar things in DOA, her specials at least :p

Ok so far these will be the attacks she'll have:

-She has "one inch" which crumpled in XIV but it looks like it just keel stuns in DOA6

-Her up close heavy punch from XIV is gonna be her lift stun in DOA6, and it looks like she has one inch as a follow up from it.

-She has diamond breath(Probably will be 236P) but it looks like it'll freeze on hit in DOA6 for some guarantees.

-She has ray spin(214K maybe) which looks like it launches in stun at least and she can finish it with the "Sit" ender, which is basically her "Slider shoot" command that's a low slide that knocks down but in DOA6 it looks like it'll have a launch she can use to end combos. This will probably her her heavy low sweep in DOA6.

-She has Crow bite(Will probably be 623P) that's like her launcher combo ender in KOF XIV.

- It looks like her jump will be a stance like Mai in DOA6 as 9P, and she uses her heavy punch attack as her punch follow up.

-She seems to have all her throws from KOFXIV but tbh I have a feeling her throws aren't gonna be all that although they may have damage to back them.

- Her break blow looks like it'll be her Glacier Ridge Climax super special from XIV.

She doesn't have much specials or moves in general unlike Mai so she'll probably be even lower execution than her xD

Last edited:

xDevious

Standard Donor
Oh oops, I knew something was wrong xD I'll fix that, and yeah I wish we could have had someone a bit more mature physically but I do like her as a character so if shes anything like how Naotora is in terms of easy execution I'll stick with her ^.^

I'm currently in KOF XIV atm looking at the attacks from her trailer so we can know what to expect since they'll probably do similar things in DOA, her specials at least :p

Ok so far these will be the attacks she'll have:

-She has "one inch" which crumpled in XIV but it looks like it just keel stuns in DOA6

-Her up close heavy punch from XIV is gonna be her lift stun in DOA6, and it looks like she has one inch as a follow up from it.

-She has diamond breath(Probably will be 236P) but it looks like it'll freeze on hit in DOA6 for some guarantees.

-She has ray spin(214K maybe) which looks like it launches in stun at least and she can finish it with the "Sit" ender, which is basically her "Slider shoot" command that's a low slide that knocks down but in DOA6 it looks like it'll have a launch she can use to end combos. This will probably her her heavy low sweep in DOA6.

-She has Crow bite(Will probably be 623P) that's like her launcher combo ender in KOF XIV.

- It looks like her jump will be a stance like Mai in DOA6 as 9P, and she uses her heavy punch attack as her punch follow up.

-She seems to have all her throws from KOFXIV but tbh I have a feeling her throws aren't gonna be all that although they may have damage to back them.

- Her break blow looks like it'll be her Glacier Ridge Climax super special from XIV.

She doesn't have much specials or moves in general unlike Mai so she'll probably be even lower execution than her xD
Agreed, I really like her style, so if she’s not complete garbage like my current main (Phase 4), I may end up having a new main lol.

Those are some nice finds! I’m so excited to see how she works in DOA. TN has done very well transporting guests into their games before, while still making them feel true to their original and respective games. The VF fighters were perfectly fit into DOA, without losing their VF feel.

SailorHonoka

Omg i'm soo excited for kula. She's going to be my main . In the trailer she seemed a bit slow but i read on team ninja's website that she's a fast striker that uses cancels and she's also able too freeze people in mid air that is CRAZY

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Omg i'm soo excited for kula. She's going to be my main . In the trailer she seemed a bit slow but i read on team ninja's website that she's a fast striker that uses cancels and she's also able too freeze people in mid air that is CRAZY
It is xD I think she'll be quick but idk if she'll be a nine frame striker or not tbh xD

xDevious

Standard Donor
It is xD I think she'll be quick but idk if she'll be a nine frame striker or not tbh xD
I kinda think her jab will be 10 or 11 frames tbh. I think she’ll be fast, but not SUPER fast. I feel like the i9 jabbers would probably still be able to beat her out, which also leads me to think Kula will have slightly more damaging throws than the super fast characters. Only slightly tho.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I kinda think her jab will be 10 or 11 frames tbh. I think she’ll be fast, but not SUPER fast. I feel like the i9 jabbers would probably still be able to beat her out, which also leads me to think Kula will have slightly more damaging throws than the super fast characters. Only slightly tho.
Yeah I think she'll probably be like Christie in terms of frames since she seems like a set up type character, if I had to guess I think she'll be 10i-11i for high jab, 12i to 13i for mid punch and maybe 13i to 14i for low punch, and I think she'll be 12/14/14 as far as kicks go since in KOF her moves don't seem as fast as Mai who's a 9/11/13 striker xD

I also think her throws will be basic but they'll do alot of counter damage which I'm hoping for, idk if she'll have any special ones tho

xDevious

Standard Donor
Yeah I think she'll probably be like Christie in terms of frames since she seems like a set up type character, if I had to guess I think she'll be 10i-11i for high jab, 12i to 13i for mid punch and maybe 13i to 14i for low punch, and I think she'll be 12/14/14 as far as kicks go since in KOF her moves don't seem as fast as Mai who's a 9/11/13 striker xD

I also think her throws will be basic but they'll do alot of counter damage which I'm hoping for, idk if she'll have any special ones tho
I agree with that, I think her frames will generally be similar to Christie’s frames. That would basically mean she’s really darn fast, but not the fastest possible, which also means her other stats will be slightly higher most likely.

I have seen some of her throws in the trailer, and they do look sick af, like summoning ice from the floor and stab the enemy with it lol. I really hope they aren’t super weak like Christie’s throws, considering how cool and damaging they look. I hate when moves that look damaging do no damage lol.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I agree with that, I think her frames will generally be similar to Christie’s frames. That would basically mean she’s really darn fast, but not the fastest possible, which also means her other stats will be slightly higher most likely.

I have seen some of her throws in the trailer, and they do look sick af, like summoning ice from the floor and stab the enemy with it lol. I really hope they aren’t super weak like Christie’s throws, considering how cool and damaging they look. I hate when moves that look damaging do no damage lol.
Same tbh xD I hope her throw damage will at least equal phase and Kasumi and of course I hope she'll have some useful holds that put her opponents in a position to get some guaranteed combo damage!^.^

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Here's some stuff I noted from the stream regarding Kula:

-It looks like she has a long range low sweep as 3H+K which will definitely be fun t abuse xD

-236P leaves you frozen on hit but it knocks down shortly afterwards if you do nothing. It also doesn't seem to have great range since even when she did it at mid range for where the ice vapor could touch the opponent it didn't do anything so its probably a close range move

-214P is her close hit ender

- She has a KKK string like how Mai does

- 214K and it's follow ups stun on hit and she has a low and a mid from

- Her throws seem kinda meh in damage and utility. They're probably gonna be Christie throw type.

- Has a 7P and 9P jump and it looks like her kick from the forward jump is a tracking high and the punch is a linear mid

-She has a 66P

I wish they would have shown more at the stream but they spent more time ogling the girls and that food stuff than they did in practice mode, and even in versus they did only ONE set, like wtf is that? XD

xDevious

Standard Donor

-It looks like she has a long range low sweep as 3H+K which will definitely be fun t abuse xD

-236P leaves you frozen on hit but it knocks down shortly afterwards if you do nothing. It also doesn't seem to have great range since even when she did it at mid range for where the ice vapor could touch the opponent it didn't do anything so its probably a close range move

- Her throws seem kinda meh in damage and utility. They're probably gonna be Christie throw type.

- Has a 7P and 9P jump and it looks like her kick from the forward jump is a tracking high and the punch is a linear mid

-She has a 66P

I wish they would have shown more at the stream but they spent more time ogling the girls and that food stuff than they did in practice mode, and even in versus they did only ONE set, like wtf is that? XD
Her throws seem to be as bad as Christie’s?! Oh gosh... That’s not good lol. I also did hear the stream was trash. Can’t wait to get my hands on the characters myself!

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Her throws seem to be as bad as Christie’s?! Oh gosh... That’s not good lol. I also did hear the stream was trash. Can’t wait to get my hands on the characters myself!
Yeah her throws aren't really special imo, they don't seem to be much more than just punish throws, Mai on the other hand got her 66T buffed to a launcher throw xD

And yeah the stream was awful, they spent like 4/5 of it on the wardrobe and in practice mode showing as little as possible besides the special moves. I'm just ready to see what they can do myself xD

Dr PaC

-She has a 66P

Lol, I also wished they would've had better players to show off the chararcters, but oh well. Question, was I tripping or did I see that after she freezes the opponent if she immediately does her kkk string she'll get a bound? I thought I saw that when he first did it, but then he could never do it again. I also wonder if like Mai, she'll have some kind of follow ups from her air attacks

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Lol, I also wished they would've had better players to show off the chararcters, but oh well. Question, was I tripping or did I see that after she freezes the opponent if she immediately does her kkk string she'll get a bound? I thought I saw that when he first did it, but then he could never do it again. I also wonder if like Mai, she'll have some kind of follow ups from her air attacks
Yeah that's gonna be her bound attack string, I remember that part you mean :-D and I think she should, I hope after her mid punch in the air she can do more than just the punch but idk, she may be like Naotora where she just has that tracking high and that one mid attack but they both just start a stun on hit so it should be useful after some stuns

Dr PaC

Yeah that's gonna be her bound attack string, I remember that part you mean :-D and I think she should, I hope after her mid punch in the air she can do more than just the punch but idk, she may be like Naotora where she just has that tracking high and that one mid attack but they both just start a stun on hit so it should be useful after some stuns
Im kinda hoping that she'll be able to cancel her air attack to her air pinwheel attack. Or that she'll be able to cancel an air attack into anything. Im glad they did that with Mai tho. She's looking to be better than she was in DOA5. (I forgot Naotora had an air attack, lol)

KING JAIMY

As stated earlier in the thread, her throws seem to be lackluster so that's why I'm expecting her to be an i9 striker with an i11 mid. Most fast characters have throws and holds that are nothing special. Christie being a prime example in this case.

With that said, I'm picking up Kula just so that I have an idea when it comes to playing against her. So far I don't have any plans on subbing her as mai (pun intended) main focus will be on Mai, but I will still learn the basics and check this thread regularly to see what her moves are like and how her combos flow together.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Kula looks like she'll only have 82 moves

005.jpg

If you take away break moves and holds it looks like she'll roughly have only 68 true command moves so she'll probably be as easy as Diego and Nico are to pick up :-D

KING JAIMY

I'm low-key hoping Kula is going to be difficult since we've had NiCO and Diego who were both easy with small command lists. Something different for a change would be nice.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD