System List of VF5FS GamePlay additions to 5U!

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
  • FLOP- A Flop attack launches the opponent high into the air first, before they drop hard onto the ground, producing the same leg flopping animation as a Slam.

During a Flop the opponent cannot perform Fall Recovery.
  • Blast Back- A Blast Back attack knocks the opponent far away skidding on their back as their legs flop back over their head.

Fall Recovery can be performed at the very end of the Blast Back animation. However, if within range, some fast attacks are guaranteed as follow-up.
  • Heavy Bound- A Heavy Bound effect has an airborne or crumpled opponent hit hard into the ground and then momentarily stood back up on their feet before eventually falling in a Face Up, Feet Toward position.

The opportunity to combo the opponent while they're involuntarily stood up is greater than that of a Light Bound.

Fall Recovery can be performed at the end of the Heavy Bound animation.
  • Spinning Knockdown- A Spinning Knockdown, as the name suggests, sends the opponent spinning through the air, landing in a Face down, Head away position.

Fall Recovery is possible after a Spinning Knockdown.
  • Head-over-heels-Knockdown- A special knockdown causing the opponent to fly back rolling head over heels. Only certain attacks exhibit this knockdown effect.

After a Head-Over-Heels knockdown, the opponent is in the Face Down, Head Towards position.

You can perform Fall Recovery after a Head-Over-Heels Knockdown.
-These few additions affect the overall gameplay within 5U, in a good way. At first these additions looked very awkward, but now I am loving it. I enjoy the added guaranteed damage options they provide!

Gameplay info used from our sister site VFDC!

Last edited:

DR2K

-I'm not sure, I do not use him :confused:

It's that stun from VF when you slam them down mid air and they look like they're being lifted off the ground in a standing position. Sarah had it from vf5 from her 4 f+k in mid air

virtuaPAI

Staff member
Administrator
It's that stun from VF when you slam them down mid air and they look like they're being lifted off the ground in a standing position. Sarah had it from vf5 from her 4 f+k in mid air
-Are you talking about heavy bounds? Where the opponent is slammed really hard to the ground, and the opponent stands back up for a bit before falling back down? If so, its in 5U, but im not sure if Jacky still retain that property.

DR2K

-Are you talking about heavy bounds? Where the opponent is slammed really hard to the ground, and the opponent stands back up for a bit before falling back down? If so, its in 5U, but im not sure if Jacky still retain that property.
Yeah I've only seen it in his ax kick combos. He's got it in doa5

virtuaPAI

Staff member
Administrator
Yeah, than he should have it. Many characters have that now!

SilverForte

For that new head over heels stun, is there a point where you can forch tech them during it, but before they can fall recover?

virtuaPAI

Staff member
Administrator
For that new head over heels stun, is there a point where you can forch tech them during it, but before they can fall recover?
-I have no Idea. I just brought over the info from VFDC so that we can have it over here. I am pretty sure DOA5U will have its own twists to the very same elements, just have to test it all out and post it here!

RoboJoe

I think the heavy bound is unique to Jacky. I haven't seen any other character be able to do it, including Sarah.

virtuaPAI

Staff member
Administrator
http://www.freestepdodge.com/media/doa5u-360-synchroniized-momji-vs-xwax-marshalllawkof-jacky.2500/

He does it in this video. Jacky seems to be the only character so far with it
-Like I said, I know some of the DOA cast received VF5FS style heavy bounds...Kasumi and Hitomi to name a few.

Addendum:
-Ok here is some interesting stuff. In VF5FS there is a Crumple called a Vital Area Crumple which is typically caused by a mid attack.

During a Vital Area Crumple:
the opponent is vulnerable to all attacks, although some high attacks may whiff the opponent cannot be thrown.
After a Vital Area Crumple:
the opponent can perform Fall Recovery to recover standing if the opponent doesn't Fall Recover, then they're knocked down in the Face Down, Head Towards position.

-What is interesting, this has been in DOA for awhile but it didn't quite have the same gameplay usage as in VF. In DOA for Example, Tina's :3::3::K: would result in a Vital Crumple(on normal strike), but you could not follow up with any strike other than the canned follow-up. On both counter/hi-counter strike, :3::3::K: would result in just a typical launch animation. So, in DOA5U, it has evolved more into the VF version where a plethora of strikes can be used to follow-up with, as well as the removal of the normal launch animation on counter/hi-counter strike...replaced with the launch height revisions on the Vital Area Crumples.

Doesn't Kasumi's new 66KK do it in a juggle or was that taken out in the final release?
-Yes she does! It is not exclusive to Jacky.

synce

I wonder if this is all in preparation for DOA vs VF. If the new arcade character is from VF it's practically guaranteed IMO

Reactions: d3v

virtuaPAI

Staff member
Administrator
I wonder if this is all in preparation for DOA vs VF. If the new arcade character is from VF it's practically guaranteed IMO
-Truth be told, if Team Ninja was going to go that route, I would rather they use a modified DOA engine. DOA just feels more responsive and smoother. I freaking hated playing Sarah in VF5FS, but love how buttery smooth she feels in DOA5...kinda like VF2 lol.

d3v

With the high cost of development these days, I can see both teams working from the same base game engine.

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
A "groove" or "moon" system would be interesting. DOA style has holds and hella stun. VF style has semi track and frames.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD