DOA5LR Mai Shiranui DOA5 Last Round Gameplay Discussion

GreatDarkHero

This is frame advantage
Premium Donor
A very perfect way to go. After I get a hold of Ms. Shiranui, I will see to providing a basic summary of her game play.
Hope ya'll are ready.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Ok so I did some research in the lab and I found out that the following moves are cancels:
:4::P:
:6::6::K::K:
:6::P::P:
:K::K::K:
:9::P::K:
BT :K:
BT :4::P::P:
The moves except :9::P::K: can be cancelled into the following moves:
:236::K:, :236::P:, :214::P+K:, :214::P:.
:9::P::K: Can only be canceled into :P+K:

Moves that can be cancelled cannot be delayed

Last edited:

The Spine

Seems like the fan is just a gimmick. Nothing really threatening about, not even for Oki. I mean, I guess it's threatening if you're low health. The point is, it's not KoF fan.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Ok so I did some research in the lab and I found out that the following moves are cancels:
:4::P:
:6::6::K::K:
:K::K::K:
:9::P::K:
BT :K:
The moves except :9::P::K: can be cancelled into the following moves:
:236::K:, :236::P:, :214::P+K:, :214::P:.
:9::P::K: Can only be canceled into :P+K:

Moves that can be cancelled cannot be delayed
Thats it? Hm, that's pretty simple.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Yeah, that's it but keep in mind that she barely has any tracking and safe moves.
Don't worry, I already knew that long ago, I was telling everyone and trying to bring it up in the other thread for months that she could have bad tracking and no one believed me or really acknowledged my theory. XD. As for safe moves, I'm not bothered since the people I use barely have any safe moves so im OK with that.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Don't worry, I already knew that long ago, I was telling everyone and trying to bring it up in the other thread for months that she could have bad tracking and no one believed me or really acknowledged my theory. XD. As for safe moves, I'm not bothered since the people I use barely have any safe moves so im OK with that.
Same here, Momiji is my only safe main.
She does have safe moves/tactics. Think Kasumi and Phase-4.
That goes for every character lol.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Force techs:
:2::H+K:
:8::H+K:
:P::P::2::K:
:P::P::P::2::K:
:3_::P::K:
BT :2::K:
:1::K: Only after :8::P:

Tracking:
Any string that ends with the 214P animation:
- :P::P::P::P:
- :6::P::K::P::P:
- :8::P::P:
- :3::P::P:
- :214::P:
:P::P::P::2::K:
:P::P::2::K:
:3_::P::K:
SS :P:
:4::K:
:2::K::P+K:
SS :K:
:2::P+K:
:2::H+K:
BT :2::K:
:9::P: :P:

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Seems like the fan is just a gimmick. Nothing really threatening about, not even for Oki. I mean, I guess it's threatening if you're low health. The point is, it's not KoF fan.

It has oki, 236K or any other knockdown/knockback followed by Fan forces you to do something about it. Doing so drains the timer by at least 1-2 seconds which is a plus for zoning. If you don't tech up, even better.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD