DOA5U Matchup Specific Tech

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
Let's develop tech for dealing with specific characters. I don't play against most of these characters offline, so let's all make an effort finding anti-character tech. I put some down to get us started.

Kasumi

Brad Wong

Mila

Helena

Kokoro

Bayman

Christie

Rig

Jann Lee

Zack

Ayane

Hayabusa

Eliot

Tina

Lisa

Akira

Alpha-152

Sarah

• Sarah's P 6P frame trap is beat by Leifang's 1P+K.
  • After blocking Sarah's 4K, Leifang's 3P+K will beat everything except 2/8P+K (sidestep kick), 4P+K (backwards flip), and canceling FLA and blocking. 2/8P+K does minimal damage and 4P+K recovers too slow to put you in a bad position.
Bass

Leifang

Hitomi

Hayate

Marie Rose

• 3T on reaction to Marie Rose 3P+K (forward roll). If she does the OH, you make it whiff and can recover in time to HiCH throw her (I'd do 6T, but other throws work if you 3T'd fast enough.). If she does the low punch or the mid kick, you'll get them with 3T.
Momiji

Gen Fu

• After blocking Gen Fu's 3P, Leifang's 1P+K beats his 3PP and his 3P throw (any). It loses to stuff specifically designed to beat this, though, like 3P 3P.
Pai

Jacky

Ein

Rachel

Leon

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
I hope you guys realize I only have offline experience against like 5 characters. I don't actually have tech against the others. C'mon, volunteer your tech. :v

Chapstick

I would but I'm incompetent. Will update if I have a breakthrough and have something of value to contribute. As for now... against Kokoros that love to do that charge attack to punish whiffed wake up kicks just get up and charge a 1P+K to knock her across the screen. Or you could just parry I guess. Don't think this actually counts as tech

Zephyrion

Don't know if it's useful mentioning but
If you block a rig move that puts him in bending stance (except for 236K) , early :4::6::P: will beat everything he can do off of it, except bending stance cancel !

Lei Fang's :3::h:+:P: beats all of Tina's offensive holds clean.

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
How consistent is it against Rig's K FLA K blockstring? I tested a little and it seems to only work if I delay the 46P for 2-3 frames. Reversal timing 46P seems to get hit on the 10th frame if Rig does FLA K as soon as K recovers.

And yeah 3T is so good against standing OH. Love it.

Zephyrion

How consistent is it against Rig's K FLA K blockstring? I tested a little and it seems to only work if I delay the 46P for 2-3 frames. Reversal timing 46P seems to get hit on the 10th frame if Rig does FLA K as soon as K recovers.

And yeah 3T is so good against standing OH. Love it.

You mean the K bending stance K right ? Yeah checked in training and it appears that the 46P doesn't low profile if Rig hits you with the first K point blank or really close because the hitbox of the high kick still overlaps with 46P's hurtbox, meaning you have to slightly delay it . Actually I never had this happening in real match since usually a Rig player hit you with the first K at a good enough distance for it to work perfectly on early timing ! Also, looks like the delayed version still works against Bending Stance 4K, so still think it's a valid strategy, even if this is really surprising (I never had 46P lose to a high, like ever !). Well, I'm happy though, discovered something thanks to you^^

And yeah 3T is really good in general against OHs since you can whiff it and punish with a throw, but it is especially against Tina's 46T, as it just gets eaten by 3T, no matter how she times OR space it.Definitely a godsend against Tina players who use and space with this OH right !

Last edited:

Yoyo

From :4::4::P: and :236::P:, Lei can get a guaranteed :2::P+K: which he can ultimately get :9::K::K: into
:4::6::P: works on everybody.

Zephyrion

:2::P::+::K: isn't guaranteed from her sabakis : I had the computer hold it every time. Nevertheless the rest is actually guaranteed, making it a good single guess set-up, I think ? Anyway, regardless of whether it is correct or not, you should rather post it in the combo, or general thread, since this isn't something matchup specific !

For Marie, if you have a hard time beating Minuet's follow-ups (the dodging hop), you should consider using :6::6::h::+::P:, since it beats all of her options except for back-turned :2::K:, which isn't that great to begin with. If you input it while she is in the air, she should fall right in it, and even if you do it late, you might beat her own offensive hold, or other moves.

Last edited:

Chapstick

Does anyone know the matchup between Lei and P4?
Pretty much like any other character against P4, punish her whenever you can and don't let her open you up which she struggles at anyway.

I'd be careful using unshu or parries because her launch throw can net her some good damage (BnB juggle from it does 101 dmg hiC, BnB wall juggle from it does 120)

Tenryuga

Does anyone know the matchup between Lei and P4?

Lei is dominant in this match. P4 only has 2 tools to keep you in check in CQC and those are Jab and K. K is not as useful against Lei since Lei posseses an 11i K so P4 cannot use to shut down Leis mid.
2P is a nice low for P4 but its an annoyance tool at best. It will not allow her her god mode stun game on CH.

At range Lei is also better than P4 because P4 struggles to approach opponents while Lei has great tools for keepout.

In general your parries and unshu stop a lot of her offense and you possess much better strikes. P4 is only really getting anything started in this MU if you are the type to hit a lot of buttons on offense (Which Lei doesn't need to do and should not be doing in any MU) or are victim to her tick-throwing and lose composure against that tactic.

Yoyo

Lei has a frame trap against Nyotengu and the whole cast with :214::P:, I'm not sure if this move was always a frame trap however it is distance dependent.

Yoyo

[QUOTE"NightAntilli, post: 212688, member: 466"]The move is +0 on block, so yeah. It's widely underused. The drawback is that it's a high.[/QUOTE]
It is 0 on block up close against the majority of the cast, but up close with nyo tengu it's +1 and against the rest of the cast at a certain distance it is also +1 against them.

NightAntilli

It is 0 on block up close against the majority of the cast, but up close with nyo tengu it's +1 and against the rest of the cast at a certain distance it is also +1 against them.
Well sure... That's with pretty much all moves that have a certain range. You have to see it this way. If a move is 16(4)10 for example (just random properties I made up), and the guard stun is 10 frames, 'normally' (which means up close) the move will connect on the 17th frame, and you'll have an additional 13 frames of recovery for your own character, while your opponent has 10, leaving you at -3. But, if you use the same move from range, and you connect it on its last possible frame, which is the 20th frame, you'll have only 10 frames of recovery instead, same as your opponent. This means that you'll be at neutral.

Considering that :214::P: is 19(3)24 and it's +0 on hit, it means the guard stun of the move is 26 frames. If you can manage to land the move on its 22nd frame rather than the 20th, you can theoretically get a +2 advantage instead of being at the neutral +0.

That's what's also pretty great about :7::K:. Its properties are 14(8)27. At the closest hit, you get +4. This means that the guard stun of the move (or guard break in this case) is 34 frames. Since it has 8 active frames total, you can actually get +11 from that move.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD