Mila Match Videos

Jefffcore

I have a tournament today, should be on stream at some point. It's listed on the events. I'll post up video's after.

WorldWithoutWords

Just watched your matches Jeffcore, good stuff : D. Here's my thoughts:

-Nice CB combo at 1:20 :D.
-lol @ tigers hitting you both
-I still dont get the logic behind 4F+K it's slower than 4K and has no followups? I think 4K has stranger range properties too. Maybe it has something I'm not seeing at the moment though I'll have to load training mode up today when I have time.
-lol @ 1:24:25 punching her through the floor.
-Didn't see any real TD canceling into p, am I the only one who uses this atm? Using the TD to get in and cancelling it into that 7 frame mid punch (IIRC it's safe also, will jump in training mode later) seems brutal especially if they start to low throw your TD.
-After mid punch counter and the low kick counter I think you can get a free ground throw, maybe a thread should be compiled with all the situations that guarantee a low throw on the ground?
-4F+K leading to that free low throw is pretty cool.

Awesome stuff though, I'm still not using the CB combos enough, etc. Also another Hitomi vs Mila grand final? hah. Alternate reality this time Hitomi wins :0, heh. Does XDest not play DOA anymore btw? Thought he was around Toronto.

Jefffcore

Just watched your matches Jeffcore, good stuff : D. Here's my thoughts:

Thank you, sir. :)

-I still dont get the logic behind 4F+K it's slower than 4K and has no followups? I think 4K has stranger range
properties too. Maybe it has something I'm not seeing at the moment though I'll have to load training mode up today when I have time.

I just use it because it has more range. As I get accustom to her move list, I may start using 4K more; I do agree that it's an awesome move.

-Didn't see any real TD canceling into p, am I the only one who uses this atm? Using the TD to get in and cancelling it into that 7 frame mid punch (IIRC it's safe also, will jump in training mode later) seems brutal especially if they start to low throw your TD.

It definitely sounds good, I've never tried it. I can see it for covering space, but up close I'd take the TD over the potential stun.

It is safe.

-After mid punch counter and the low kick counter I think you can get a free ground throw, maybe a thread should be compiled with all the situations that guarantee a low throw on the ground?

Good to know, thanks.

-4F+K leading to that free low throw is pretty cool.

You mean 3F+K?

Awesome stuff though, I'm still not using the CB combos enough, etc. Also another Hitomi vs Mila grand final? hah. Alternate reality this time Hitomi wins :0, heh. Does XDest not play DOA anymore btw? Thought he was around Toronto.
I have no idea.

I made a good bunch of mistakes, either by controller or bad habits from DOA4 (I kept holding after 3H+K on block when I should have probably sidestepped, and I couldn't whiff punish their wakeups because I couldn't dash as well with the PS3 pad). I'm still working out the kinks. I'll definitely go try what you mentioned in sparring though.

WorldWithoutWords

Yeah I'd take TD over stun too, it's just I was getting low thrown by out of my TD when people started getting used to it so I had to mix it up too lol. Also woops, meant 3F+K.

Jefffcore

Ground throw is guaranteed after a low kick hold.

I don't like the TD cancel into p, it's really unsafe. You get a 7i move, but cancelling takedown adds too much to it to warrent using it.

WorldWithoutWords

TD cancel P is only -6 on guard : P. That's safe since most throws are 7 frames and 5 frame throws are breakable unless it's high counter heh. You use the td cancel to close the distance a little bit then you can use the mid punch to beat out just about anything they do and its safe. Also switched on people will low throw your TD a bunch, have you encountered that much where you're playing? A couple of players here are pretty switched on to TD's lol.

Jefffcore

I mean the cancel itself is unsafe. The takedown is 23 or 24i, when you cancel it cancels at 16. The punch is really a 21i attack in the end. You can actually be thrown before the punch even comes out.

No, I haven't had anyone throw me. I don't go crazy on the take-downs unless I know it'll work; I land most from SS. After advantage I usually throw 66k because it gives +3 and the only thing they can do about it is hold mid k. If you were paying attention to DrDogg on stream he was doing 3H+K, for a similar reason. On hit it will give you more, but it's a bigger risk as it's -4 and can still be stuffed by jabs.

WorldWithoutWords

Yeah if you're at point blank/close when you activate the TD and cancel you'll still get low thrown EXCEPT you won't get high counter thrown. Use it from mid range or so : ) Also I think that kind of logic is flawed, thinking it's 21 frames thus will be beaten out assumes that you and your opponent are both attacking at the exact same time. What I'm using this move for is when we're apart and trying to outspace eachother and nobodies making the first move, if you use the TD cancel to get a little and they try to throw something out it's more like 7 frame mid vs whatever they throw out because the TD cancel has already brought you in. But then again play as you like I guess : )

Jefffcore

But you have a 15i mid kick that covers half the screen already. lol Playing at high level the cancel into punch probably wouldn't work.

Mila

But you have a 15i mid kick that covers half the screen already. lol Playing at high level the cancel into punch probably wouldn't work.

Very right. I've tried this on more aggressive types, or even more knowledgable players and they tend to see the cancel coming. Maybe I'm too predictable?

Jefffcore

Very right. I've tried this on more aggressive types, or even more knowledgable players and they tend to see the cancel coming. Maybe I'm too predictable?
Not likely. Throwing out a TD raw in anyway is asking to be punished; people will either low throw or try to attack.

shinryu

Wow, it's amazing how much this game looks like, you know, a real fighting game when the lag bullshit isn't a problem. Good matches, though I'm not sure why you didn't throw more? It seemed like the opponent was smart enough to recognize the CB setup from 3kk and that just seems like too perfect an opportunity. I'm totally stealing the 7k charge from that though. Good shit.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD